Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My project...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My project... Empty
PostSubject: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Well its a 85 Cutlass Salon. It needs a lil work on the body and its a got the signature G-body frame rot..so its gettin a mini-tubbed, but no slick or big racing tires. Im only doin it so i can put fatter tires and also to fix the bad frame rails.

My project... Carpics002

Its got a sbc 350 w/ TH350 trans and a 2200 stall. Factory posi but its low as hell..2.73 i think. Front and rear sway bars factory of course.
Motor is mild, just got basic upgrades...ya know cam, carb, intake, headers and some other minor things. But hear are a few pics to give you guys a look.

My project... Carpics004
My project... Carpics005
Kinda blurry in this one and 1 more ..oh well.
My project... Carpics006
My project... Carpics001
My project... Carpics003
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Well that was my first attempt at puttin pics in a thread...i will keep tryin. sorry guys!
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Now worries, got it all fixed up. Also, FAQ write up to follow.
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Nice. I always thought the 80's G body cars had a touch of class and a ton of potential. I still miss my '82..
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Well it needs work and its kinda slow...but once you get past like 30 mph it almsot breaks the tires loose...i made a few mistakes on the motor that i have to recify. But right now theres no real full time job comin soon...I have to learn how to walk all over again..The pleasures of a nasty motorcycle accident.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Gman85DTP wrote:
Well it needs work and its kinda slow...but once you get past like 30 mph it almsot breaks the tires loose...i made a few mistakes on the motor that i have to recify. But right now theres no real full time job comin soon...I have to learn how to walk all over again..The pleasures of a nasty motorcycle accident.

its a nice car, and kudo's to your efforts! Rehab can be tough.

mike
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 am

For sure..rehad is tough when the state wont give you any therapy...so im doin it all solo. But enough about that...

Here's what the motor has done to it now...cuz im not afraid to tell people like some others are.

Motor:
Sbc 350
All stock rotating assembly
Mild heads nothin fancy
Comp cams 1.6 ratio roller tip rockers
Comp cams hardened pushrods
Elgin .448/.510 cam and lifters
Comp cams Double roller timing chain
Dnyomax long tube headers
Edelbrock Performer Rpm intake
Edelbrock 600 cfm carb

Trans:
Th350
B&M stage 2 shift kit
2200 stall

Plans i will keep short and in lite detail.

383 stroker
TH350 built
3000 stall
Better brake setup disc in the back as well
Rebuild suspension
It will be lowered a bit
Ford 9"
Fabbed one off 3 link setup w/ coilovers
I dont think im doin tubular a-arms in front right away..stick with stock stuff just new bushings
16 or 17 inch rims black in color
Thats pretty much it for drivetrain mods

Interior/Exterior
Satin black paint
tinted windows (of course)
NO chrome...i hate chrome!
Fiberglass 4" cowl hood
Fiberglass bumpers
New carpet
New headliner
Different seats
Remove console
10 pt cage
No backseat
Custom gauge setup

Well that pretty much sums it up...i know it seems like alot but most of it im doin myself or i have a few close friends helping me...Right now everything is on hold becuz of my not having any money...which im sure alot of people have that problem in todays economy!
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 am

MikeyT wrote:
Gman85DTP wrote:

its a nice car, and kudo's to your efforts! Rehab can be tough.

mike

Thanks...
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:31 am

Peter MS3 wrote:
Nice project man.

Also, here is a link on the photo post how to.

https://wistreetandtrack.forumotion.com/faq-f6/how-to-post-pictures-to-the-forum-t1002.htm#17106

Thanks...very helpful!
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 am

If/when your looking to get interior parts, check out gbodyparts.com. I've bought a few things from them and they are real smooth to deal with. The Chevy swap wasnt a bad idea at all, since the original 307 is not, I repeat - is not a high horsepower engine (don't ask how I know that). I have seen a couple running around with 350 and 455 rockets in them, makes for a fun 3600lb car Very Happy

Not to thread jack, but here's a couple pics of my 442:

My project... Hpim0510

My project... Hpim0511

My project... Hpim0512
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 am

wish i had pics of my '82. had a rocket 350, duals, iroc wheels, lowered a lil'.

good luck on the rehab i have been through that a couple times. once when i broke my right leg off (tibia & fibula complete break) they drilled my tibia marrow out & put a titanium rod & screws in. and then three plates on my left zygomatic & maxilla, youll get through it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:12 pm

moparkid wrote:
If/when your looking to get interior parts, check out gbodyparts.com. I've bought a few things from them and they are real smooth to deal with. The Chevy swap wasnt a bad idea at all, since the original 307 is not, I repeat - is not a high horsepower engine (don't ask how I know that). I have seen a couple running around with 350 and 455 rockets in them, makes for a fun 3600lb car Very Happy

Not to thread jack, but here's a couple pics of my 442:

My project... Hpim0510

My project... Hpim0511

My project... Hpim0512

Yea, they are a great place for stuff like that...Thanks. I like the 442. Its sweet. The 307 is prolly the shittiest motor that olds made. No thread jack needed its cool. i enjoy pics of other peoples rides...especially clean ones.
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:37 pm

moparkid wrote:
If/when your looking to get interior parts, check out gbodyparts.com. I've bought a few things from them and they are real smooth to deal with. The Chevy swap wasnt a bad idea at all, since the original 307 is not, I repeat - is not a high horsepower engine (don't ask how I know that).

I see your 307 Olds and raise you a 260 Olds V-8 for biggest boat anchor of the Gutlass.

God I miss that engine. I just could not kill it.
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Is it just me or is/was any white letter bold lettering tire the best looking tire to put on a G-Body?

No other car screams "give me whites out" like a G-Body.
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:30 pm

lilwillie wrote:
moparkid wrote:
If/when your looking to get interior parts, check out gbodyparts.com. I've bought a few things from them and they are real smooth to deal with. The Chevy swap wasnt a bad idea at all, since the original 307 is not, I repeat - is not a high horsepower engine (don't ask how I know that).

I see your 307 Olds and raise you a 260 Olds V-8 for biggest boat anchor of the Gutlass.

God I miss that engine. I just could not kill it.

My uncle's '81 had a 260 v8 in it... And my half brother did kill it. Of course, he had to destroy the whole car in order to do it.

Right outside of Brodhead, going thru the S-curves too fast he caught gravel and rolled it twice. First time the t-tops broke off, the second time he went out via the ejection seat. Couldn't tell if he hurt his head or not on account he's a dipshit to begin with... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:30 pm

That sounds like a killer combo when its all done. Just a thought though, with the price of the long blocks getting lower all the time, have you thought about an ls swap?
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Yes i did consider a LS swap, but i would only do that if i could afford a turbo and a 6-spd to go with it...drag is fun but i like the auto-x stuff.

As for the combo...i have worked hard and long to consider all setups and possiblities. The time frame on TOTAL completion is like 2 or 3 yrs...
Back to top Go down

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

So...heres a update on the gathering of parts. I got a bunch of stuff. Jegs and ebay. I got a new mallory HEI dis, elec. fuel pump, vac canister and mounting bracket. Then just a random assortment of gaskets and hardware. Startin off with the lil stuff and save the high dollar stuff for last. Makes me think im gettin somewhere...lol Pics to come soon as i find my camera!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My project... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My project...   My project... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My project...
Page 1 of 1