Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Struts and CC plates DONE.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Struts and CC plates DONE. Empty
PostSubject: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Just a little update on the Thunderbird........

I took a drive out to Willies on Tuesday to put the KYB AGX struts and the Maximum Motorsports CC plates in.

I can't think WIllie enough for helping me out with this! The car rides like brand new now! OH, and NOTHNING moved from the marks you made Willie. It seems to handle a lot better..... Corner tip-in is nice, smooth and predictable, and there is no rubbing. The ride height IS slightly higher than it was before we messed with it, but its still tipped a bit twards the front. The stance is very subtle, but nice. All I really have left to do is the swaybar relocation with ES bushings and links, and the suspention up front is DONE.

I STILL have an overfueling problem, even after subtracting 4 LBS of fuel pressure fron the stock setting, so there has got to be some kind of issue with a sensor somewhere telling the car to increase fuel. Ill have to track that sown, but we will see what happens!
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:32 pm

BTW, one of my struts was SO BAD, you could use ONE FINGER to push it in.... NO resistance. You could also pull it back out without resistance. When Willie's dad pushed it in the fist time, DIRTY WATER sprayed out the top. I'm suprised that the car actually drove straight with that old crap on it!
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:35 pm

i have a new set of tokico struts to install. I have 111,000 on the stock struts. I hope i notice a change.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:35 pm

how is it running. rich but does it run good?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Well, it runs okay. Im missing a huge ammount of power, and it will still get down in the low 10's mid 9's (AFRs) at stock boost levels. My target is to get the AFR's in the 11.5 range under full boost. Right now it will still sputter out and buck at steady highway speeds, and in higher gears (4th and 5th) under load (like going up a hill) it will build around 5 PSI and start to buck, causing me to downshift and get on it to accelerate. I'm pretty sure this is becuase the car typically is supposed to go pig rich at boost onset, and then lean out steadily to the 11.5 area under full boost. it goes way to rich, is rich mid range, and its way to rich up top.

I used to get 28MPG on the highway..... I average 16.5 now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struts and CC plates DONE.   Struts and CC plates DONE. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Struts and CC plates DONE.
Page 1 of 1