Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

random thoughts.

Go down 
+2
MikeyT
Fuckin Schiller!!
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 am

so as long as I can remember, I've always played little games in my head to occupy time.
when I was younger I used to take long words - Mississippi, for example and see how many letters long they were (11), compared to how many letters actually went into them (4 - M, I, S, P).
when I started texting in like middle school, I started thinking about it differently. I would compare the number of letters in a word to how many letters you would have to press on a standard numerical keypad (example: supply - 6 letters, 14 buttons).
I don't know why I do it, but I can't stop myself from it. if I try not to think about it, it always ends up popping back into my head eventually.
I always thought I was just crazy, and was the only person that did something like that, but today I was trying to explain it to my sister and she told me she does something similar, where she thinks of a percentage and tries to turn it into a fraction in her head as quickly as possible.

so this is the connection I made. I'm a grammar freak, and my weird little mind game involves spelling. my sister is a math wiz, and hers involves numbers.

so my question is this. do any of you guys have weird habits like this, or are my sister and I both just completely insane? and if you do, do they have to do with something you're especially good at, interested in, or involved in?

please, help me feel a little less crazy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am

Really actually not unusual at all David. It might be your way of organizings things in your brain. We all have little rituals that we do, as ways to ground ourselves. This is just how you do it.

I always need to dootle when listening to people, something about activating my visual field helps me listen more intently. It use to drive my teachers nuts too!

Mike

ps cool question:)
Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am

Kmart sucks

I time and try to beat my time in everything I do.

GF hates it. Cool

Last edited by mtperformance on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:39 am

I'm a chronic masterbator.

No matter how many times I try to stop, I always end up flogging the mushroom-headed squirt gun again at some point.

J/K

I sit back and visualize how things come apart and are put together. I'm pretty good at taking things apart and putting them together, with the exception of my Thunderbird it seems. I've fixed plenty of cars in the past without issue, but this one is kicking my ass.

Its literally visualizing each part and building them in my mind until the finished product appears.

Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:04 am

i am all about angles, i will look at a wall and figure out what angle i need to go to the next wall and then around the room til i can hit a doorway and end up in the next room, its why i love to play pool
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 am

u both probably have a mild case of OCD. i have it too and do similiar things that have really no meaning lol.
Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:36 am

mtperformance wrote:

I time and try to beat my time in everything I do.

GF hates it. Cool

I wonder if there's some sort of a connection there..... NAH Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:44 pm

After I learned how to type in High School, I took on a weird habit. My girlfriends are always catching me "typing" on them. I hear words, and my fingers start "typing" that word, and it's always when I'm bored and just laying around. we'll be watching a movie or something, and I just randomly start moving my fingers like I'm typing a word I just heard, on their leg or something. It's absurd..... lol
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:25 pm

SteelHammer wrote:
After I learned how to type in High School, I took on a weird habit. My girlfriends are always catching me "typing" on them. I hear words, and my fingers start "typing" that word, and it's always when I'm bored and just laying around. we'll be watching a movie or something, and I just randomly start moving my fingers like I'm typing a word I just heard, on their leg or something. It's absurd..... lol

I'll do that when I'm trying to think of the spelling of a word sometimes lol.
Back to top Go down
mile_high51
Legit
mile_high51

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:48 pm

i invent things in my head, think about how cool it would be, then forget about them (because no matter how good the idea was I can barely ever remember anything about it besides how awesome i thought the idea was). i do this about 10 times a day.

i've always smoked cigarettes exactly like jon travolta does in pulp fiction, noticed it about a year ago after i have been smoking on and off since junior year in high school, and pulp fiction was one of my favorite flicks at that time. people always asked me why i smoke like i do and now i know what to tell them

i have to have anything big (keys, phone, etc.) out of my front pockets when i eat, and my watch has to be off. needless to say ive lost like 5 watches (im just glad the wallet in the back pocket is ok for some reason).

oh, and i guess i fake yawn to break silences when attention is on me.

everyone's got their little things
Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:04 pm

i like snicker-doodles
Back to top Go down

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 am

I have to try and get in and out of the grocery store as fast as i can. I also when i explain the inner workings of a motor to someone i really get into detail about how each part works and whats actually goin thru when the actions are actuall takin place...its actually more confusing to the person im explaining it to...i guess my attention to detail is severe...
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:05 am

Public restrooms. I can't get past using a paper towel to open the door when I walk out. i see too many guys leave without washing their hands...
Back to top Go down
mile_high51
Legit
mile_high51

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:15 am

fokus83 wrote:
Public restrooms. I can't get past using a paper towel to open the door when I walk out. i see too many guys leave without washing their hands...

ha! id shit my pants before i sit on one of those cans without putting toilet paper down. and dont care how dirty or smelly the bathroom is, i just refuse to sit on someone elses smeared shit or piss.

unless im drunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

random thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Re: random thoughts.   random thoughts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

random thoughts.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: