Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I might be making a trip to Kansas

Go down 
+4
kp116
MikeyT
OJDAJUICEMAN
Fuckin Schiller!!
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

I might be making a trip to Kansas Empty
PostSubject: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:55 am

to check out this little beater...

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ctd/1848317957.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 am

wow, thats a gorgeous car.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 am

david, friends dont let friends buy GT500's when they can get a 06 c6 z06 for the same price and shit in that GT500's mouth lol.

in all honesty, i would look for another platform if u wanna go fast. those GT500's are very heavy, not aerodynamic (i know this lol) and have bad problems with heatsoak. not saying its slow but for the money there are better options.

boy, all that from a guy with a mustang, it has to be true!
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:59 am

Hey whats wrong with your STI wagon? I have always been impressed with its performance and it has the whole sleeper factor. I agree the mustang is a hot looking car and it will get a lot of attention because of that and they sound fucking awesome. I've heard they cruise really nice. I have a buddy who own's on 03 Cobra. He went for a ride in one recently and fell in love with it.

Mike

P.S. Oh for the record Fucking mustangs!
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:06 am

Tye I realize all of these things, but the reason I want the GT500 is because they're powerful but still very reliable and they look mean as hell. I know they're not that wicked fast because I've beaten a stock one with my Subie, but at the same time he most likely went home with less broken parts than me. I wouldn't buy a Corvette because I'm just not a big GM fan and I've already had 2 New Edges so I'm not that interested in a Terminator.

And Mike the Subaru recently came across an electrical bug. The car has a feature where I can leave the lights on and as soon as I take the key out, the lights shut off. Like 1 out of 5 times that I do this and start the car, it immediately shuts itself back off and loses power or something because the clock will reset. I also wrecked a shock or something ecause there's a major clunking coming from the rear.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:13 am

i understand. your 100% right on the looking good and being reliable. factory twin disk clutch, TR6060 and fully forged, cant go wrong there.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:18 pm

okay so I typed out that last on my blackberry while half asleep and not really reading what I was saying. so allow me to re-elaborate a little bit. when I get in the car and turn the lights on, and then shut the car off again, as soon as I take the key out, the lights will turn off even if I leave the switch in the on position. when I put the key back in the ignition they will automatically turn back on, obviously if the switch is still at the on position. so when I leave the lights on and start the car, it freaks out and resets which really annoys me because I drive with my lights on 99% of the time, and I also hate resetting my clock and my radio presets. so I hope that makes a little more sense than the last one lol.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:18 pm

DavidESchiller wrote:
Tye I realize all of these things, but the reason I want the GT500 is because they're powerful but still very reliable and they look mean as hell. I know they're not that wicked fast because I've beaten a stock one with my Subie, but at the same time he most likely went home with less broken parts than me. I wouldn't buy a Corvette because I'm just not a big GM fan and I've already had 2 New Edges so I'm not that interested in a Terminator.

And Mike the Subaru recently came across an electrical bug. The car has a feature where I can leave the lights on and as soon as I take the key out, the lights shut off. Like 1 out of 5 times that I do this and start the car, it immediately shuts itself back off and loses power or something because the clock will reset. I also wrecked a shock or something ecause there's a major clunking coming from the rear.

Your subaru traps 120+?
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:38 pm

I wouldn't know, I've never had it on a track. but a GT500 doesn't. I've seen stock GT500's trap from 111 to 115.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:42 pm

DavidESchiller wrote:
I wouldn't know, I've never had it on a track. but a GT500 doesn't. I've seen stock GT500's trap from 111 to 115.

Everyone I have seen trap 120-123ish. Your car stock is probably around 100-105 at best?
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:47 pm

I've only seen the KR's trap above 120. I could be wrong. but my car stock I've seen between 102 and 107. I raced a totally stock 2008 GT500 from 45 and had just about a length when I let off at 105. so he might've pulled me up top had we kept going.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:05 pm

DavidESchiller wrote:
I've only seen the KR's trap above 120. I could be wrong. but my car stock I've seen between 102 and 107. I raced a totally stock 2008 GT500 from 45 and had just about a length when I let off at 105. so he might've pulled me up top had we kept going.

Yea its hard to say. I am just going be facts. But a newer sti and a gt500 are no where near close to eachother.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Yeah but stock vs. modded, you really never know. Because I was still pulling when I let off but I didn't know the road so I called that good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Stock a GT 500 wont see anything near 120 and neither will a KR.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm

kp116 wrote:
DavidESchiller wrote:

Everyone I have seen trap 120-123ish. Your car stock is probably around 100-105 at best?

Just because it can trap something doesn't mean that it just will. Thats up to the driver and most GT500 owners are like most vette owners, old guys that either can't drive for shit or don't drive it hard for fear of breaking it.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Terminator wrote:
Stock a GT 500 wont see anything near 120 and neither will a KR.
Aren't the KR's like 700+ horsepower and they don't even trap 120mph?
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 pm

DavidESchiller wrote:
Yeah but stock vs. modded, you really never know. Because I was still pulling when I let off but I didn't know the road so I called that good enough.
I am just saying it would take a decent amount done to a sti to beat a gt500....
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 pm

the KR in 2008 was only like 540. the Super Snake is the one that's available from 600 to 725 hp.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Who cares how fast it is. Thats a sick looking car David. I love that vapor color.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:55 am

I would listen to KP he lives at the drag strip. clown

And how can you pull on a guy once you let off unless he let off before you did?
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:40 am

DO IT!

A friend of mine has a White w/blue stripe '08 GT500 with an exhaust and basic tune. IIRC it put 460 to the rear tires. It sounds mean as hell and people can't stop looking at/talking about the car wherever he goes.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:38 am

mtperformance wrote:
I would listen to KP he lives at the drag strip. clown

And how can you pull on a guy once you let off unless he let off before you did?

I meant I pulled on him, and then I let off. and I was still listening to his blower whine so he was definitely still on it.

anyway I got an insurance quote on the GT500. so that's the end of that idea.
here's the other slow Ford I'm considering.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ctd/1864791858.html
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 am

overblown wrote:
kp116 wrote:
DavidESchiller wrote:

Just because it can trap something doesn't mean that it just will. Thats up to the driver and most GT500 owners are like most vette owners, old guys that either can't drive for shit or don't drive it hard for fear of breaking it.

I agree 100%, and both are nice cars.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 am

You might want to look at a new 5.0 Mustang.
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:36 am

Bod89lx wrote:
You might want to look at a new 5.0 Mustang.

Sweet cars. Stock for stock they're almost equal and the GT is probably cheaper. Turn fewer heads though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I might be making a trip to Kansas   I might be making a trip to Kansas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I might be making a trip to Kansas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: