Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally - The Supra Build

Go down 
+14
Disgustang
MikeyT
Tusk
t0nyb0l0gna91
franky.C
HoosierDaddy
Mclovin23
LLcoolJames
STiedVR4Guy
240sxguy
teggyracer18
Fuckin Schiller!!
XSFTLBS
2jz-U-Ltr
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Finally - The Supra Build  Empty
PostSubject: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 am

So I've got this car..........

Finally - The Supra Build  Picture025

I bought it for 1800 dollars when I was broke and my life was totally fucked and i was living in a friends basement about 5 years ago and daily drove it for almost 4 years. It only ever left me on the side of the road once when the head gasket blew at 174,000 miles.

Finally - The Supra Build  Cars014

MT once said I should sell it and my mazduh and buy an old chevy, but I decided to keep it. Because when done right I think it's the best looking car ever built. (just my opinion)

Finally - The Supra Build  2527278_4_full
Finally - The Supra Build  161042056_o

This is going to be a serious big boy build, not just bolting parts on. I have the budget and everything laid out in a schedule as to when each and every part will be purchased and installed. I already have a pile of new parts that I will take pictures of and post as well as some of it stripped out right now. 3vs can attest to the fact that this is as straight and rust free of a 22yo car you will ever find in original unrestored condition.

The 2jzTT VVTi motor and trans will be purchased on Nov. 1st and I will go from there. I'm going to document this in painful detail so if you hate picture filled build threads you might want to skip this one. This car will be stripped to the bone, repainted, engine, trans and diff replaced and all subframe/assemblies will be media blasted and coated. I'm replacing all the external trim with new parts that I'm already stock pilling (you can still buy parts for this thing at the dealer WTF??)

More details on the planned setup will come later but it will be a single turbo on a fully built motor. I already know this is going to be massively expensive and the finished product will never be worth a fraction of what I will spend on it, but I don't give a shit. I love this car and I hope to die in it.

*Update*

I haven't updated much since I'm currently saving up for some big ticket items. I did get a few things but they are not exciting, go fast parts yet.

I ordered new carpet from StockInteriors.com (thanks Ole) They are super heavy duty and excellent fit and quality.

Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0159

It came with the cargo area carpet also

Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0160

I also pulled all the interior panels and scrubbed them clean and shined them up and they look like new.

Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0163-1
Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0161

I picked up a few new pieces to replace broken ones. New speaker covers and things.

Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0165

Went to the dealer and ordered new drip rail trim for both sides and full weather stripping.

Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0171
Finally - The Supra Build  CIMG0172

Thats it for now. I do have some more interesting things on the way that should be here in the next couple weeks. A front and rear bumper and tail light setup from the 1990 model, an LSD, a stock turbo motor, and a few other things I picked up.

And I gotta find my digital camera because my phone sucks a fat one

Last edited by Peter MS3 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:27 am

Sorry, I have to:

Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:59 pm

i have a two step , , but i dont get cool flames
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

DUDE !!! i forgot to text you this morning while I was at lunch, I followed a red Supra that was neatly maintained and lowered. it was coming down mineral point & I followed the chink all the way to his apartment.. it looks fucking sweet!!!!
maybe one of these days we'll meet up for lunch, and i'll show you the car.

other than that, good luck on the build guy!
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:39 pm

Hoipefully this thing lives up to its big boy build expectations lol
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Awesome. Can't wait for build pics. If ya need any wiring help let me know.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 pm

good for you Pete. I know you love that car and now its going to get the attention you have wanted to put into. i can't wait to see the documentation. I might learn a thing or two.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm

good luck if you want help call someone else im busy LOL seriously if you need help let me know
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:28 pm

I might be able to help if you need it. PM me if you do.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Another thing............

E85? Smile
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 pm

fuck that sell it and buy a fox body Razz
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm always down to turn some wrenches and spray things with carb cleaner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:38 am

Ill Supravise Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:12 am

38394Z28 wrote:
Ill Supravise Wink

LOL, nice, yet I'm kind of easily amused!

Mikw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally - The Supra Build    Finally - The Supra Build  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally - The Supra Build
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next