Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue 80's Stingray

Go down 
+6
Fuckin Schiller!!
Mclovin23
347 LX
Blown91LX
Bod89lx
saucemaxx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 am

So my wife and I go out for some ice cream last night on East Wash, and we run across this older guy in am early 80's Vette at a red light, it's blue, looks a little rough, but I say "nice car" anyway. He laughs and stands on it when the light turns green, and it smells like coolant, oil, brakes and clutch, this thing is rough and slow. So I keep cruising on my way to Culver's. All the way he keeps trying to get me to run, revving at me, making short little runs, like an asshole in a Civic. Finally I decide to let him have it, we stop at a light and when it turns green I gun it, and leave him behind, I didn't even break the speed limit. Next light he is at it again revving, I let him go a little, he barks the tires, then I get on it, and by the time I hit 25 I am ahead of him, once again not breaking the speed limit. I look in the rear view and I see flames spitting out from behind his rear wheels, I figure his fuel system sucks, or he blew the motor and is spitting fuel into the exhaust, I don't think much of it, and I head on to Culver's. While enjoying my malt I see a firetruck roll by, and I think no fucking way. I head out to check out what happened and I see this.

Blue 80's Stingray Vettefire

The car was burning to the ground, and without missing a beat my wife looks at me and says, "wow you really smoked that thing"

So that was a little weird
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:51 am

F N Vette owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Lmao. Oh and i drive a civic asshole!
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:53 am

Blown91LX wrote:
Lmao. Oh and i drive a civic asshole!

I used to have one too
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:03 pm

lol, thats funny!
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 pm

i watched that guy break down in that intersection last night but it wasnt engulfed in flames yet. it was just billowing smoke from the hood. lol
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:20 pm

The best thing to happen to one of those cars. Late 70s/early 80s C3 vettes make 200hp at the flexplate.... And they're ugly.
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Epic fail at it's best!! cheers

Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

^ for sure! I had to pull off of east wash after I cruised past because I was laughing so hard.
Back to top Go down
Brendler84
Legit
Brendler84

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Saw the thing go by and his brakes looked red hot, next thing ya know the car goes by on a flatbed
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:19 pm

Haha holy shit that is fantastic
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:32 pm

Wow, I actually drove by it Saturday night as Mara and I were coming back from the movies! It was just billowing smoke. Honestly until i rolled up on it, i thought it was an MR2

MIke
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:00 pm

Racecar
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:27 am

Had to bring this one back up, especially after the convo I had with my Dad this morning.

Dad has a few friends he met in college that he's still in contact with today. One friend, lets call him Gary (because thats his name), is lifelong batchelor. He's worked with and for my dad off and on for the past 30+ years. Gary has, or had, a late 70's Corvette....

Dad is telling me this morning how he talked to Gary the other day. Gary asked him if he had talked with another mutual friend of theres, and if he had told him about "the fire". I think by this point you all know where I'm going with this, so continue to read along. My dad hadn't heard anything about it, so Gary proceeded to tell him how he was out driving his Corvette a few weeks ago and it started on fire on EW. Apparently one of the rear calipers locked up and it got red hot, and somehow the whole car went up in flames. As my dad is telling me this, I just broke out laughing hysterically, kinda like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. MY dad says, "I don't think its funny." I said, "You will when I tell you why!!!"

I grabbed my laptop and fired it up. I tell my dad Ben's story of getting ice cream and seeing fire trucks, and he starts laughing! Then I show him the pic of the car engulfed in flames. My dad has the same sick sense of humor that I do. Its really the only trait he has passed on to me other than Norwegian heritage. Then dad says "That car was a piece of shit. A fire was probably the best thing to happen to that turd!"

Well, as luck would have it for poor Gary, the car fire is under investigation by his insurance company. One of the Madison firefighters found a 'for sale' sign behind the passenger seat... Trust me, he isnt the guy to commit fraud because he's scared of his own shadow. But protocol is protocol. I asked my dad if he knew what the car was insured for, and dad said $9000. I said thats too much for any C3 Corvette Laughing I'm sure more details will follow...
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:55 am

Zac always has the inside scoop on all the good happenings. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:06 pm

WOW that shit is funny. BTW my vette was insured for more then 9K LOLbut your right most are not worth shit and are magic cock pony
Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 pm

So my pops, in his good nature, called dude who owns the Corvette and spoke of the laugh we shared over his corvette in flames. This fucker calls me up at work and wastes my time wanting to know the address for this site. I told him this is a private site for street racers who actually have fast cars & fast corvettes, but if he wanted I would print him off the picture of the MFD putting his car out Laughing

I hate being bothered at work, especially when I'm busy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue 80's Stingray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue 80's Stingray   Blue 80's Stingray Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue 80's Stingray
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: