HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:00 pm

Well just a few mods since it was stock 5 years ago...It's just a slow Black car anyway....













more to follow included what failed and how the parts looked after they failed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:47 pm

That is the 4" RJC exhaust, correct? Which muffler are you running?
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
avatar

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2010-01-27
Location : Madison

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Slow black car my ass! Who built your crank for you?

Mike

_________________
if it is an old archaic mopar... I be interested [/color]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:14 pm

^ The crank is probably a TA Performance or GN1. Or if not one of them, another Turbo Buick performance shops work.

The heads are ported stock 8445s, most likely done by GN1. I'm betting the crank is a GN1 also. Been converted to a roller cam too. Looks like an RJC girdle also.
Hmm.... I sure hope this guy didn't plan on being able to tell people his shit is stock, hoping that nobody on here knows Turbo Buicks. Shocked

Our slow black cars have quite specific parts. The Summit or Jegs catalog doesn't cut it for us.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
avatar

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2010-01-27
Location : Madison

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:28 pm

me thinks this might be a tad above your run of the mill stock GN!

Mike

_________________
if it is an old archaic mopar... I be interested [/color]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 pm

MikeyT wrote:
me thinks this might be a tad above your run of the mill stock GN!

Mike

Naahhh.... stock production block, so that makes it stock. Or at least that according to 99.9% of the sandbaggers on here.
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:37 pm

moparkid wrote:
That is the 4" RJC exhaust, correct? Which muffler are you running?

yes it is rjc

MikeyT wrote:
Slow black car my ass! Who built your crank for you?

Mike

Its just stock eagle replacement

1twisted6 wrote:
^ The crank is probably a TA Performance or GN1. Or if not one of them, another Turbo Buick performance shops work.

The heads are ported stock 8445s, most likely done by GN1. I'm betting the crank is a GN1 also. Been converted to a roller cam too. Looks like an RJC girdle also.
Hmm.... I sure hope this guy didn't plan on being able to tell people his shit is stock, hoping that nobody on here knows Turbo Buicks. Shocked

Our slow black cars have quite specific parts. The Summit or Jegs catalog doesn't cut it for us.

I got parts from them they sold me drag radials,and they were in stock.... Wink


MikeyT wrote:
me thinks this might be a tad above your run of the mill stock GN!

Mike
I close the hood and it not running its stock.... Laughing

_________________
Leader of the BLACK CAR POSSE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
LLcoolJames
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1866
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 26
Location : Middleton/Menomonie

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 pm

lots of shiny stuff, I like
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4293
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:50 pm

That's a nasty setup, I'd like to hear it with a 4" exhaust. Most of the TB's I've heard sound like hondas.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm

^^^ You might have gotten tires for your car from Summit or Jegs, but the good stuff came from elsewhere. Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:
That's a nasty setup, I'd like to hear it with a 4" exhaust. Most of the TB's I've heard sound like hondas.

No, that's just BTB's car when he's heating up tires Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:16 pm

moparkid wrote:
Peter MS3 wrote:
That's a nasty setup, I'd like to hear it with a 4" exhaust. Most of the TB's I've heard sound like hondas.

No, that's just BTB's car when he's heating up tires Razz

That's what I was wondering, just which TR's have you been listening to? No fucking Honda here. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:20 pm

LLcoolJames wrote:
lots of shiny stuff, I like

More to come thats a old pic of motor

Peter MS3 wrote:
That's a nasty setup, I'd like to hear it with a 4" exhaust. Most of the TB's I've heard sound like hondas.

Its got a nice rumble sounds like a v8 at idle,so that confuses people.But when you put the hammer downit is the normal obnoxious buick roar.

1twisted6 wrote:
^^^ You might have gotten tires for your car from Summit or Jegs, but the good stuff came from elsewhere. Wink
Ya had a few hook up with crank ,heads,tso intake and the baby turbo on it.Now just a matter of getting my fast system tuned by this guy i know(cal)...

_________________
Leader of the BLACK CAR POSSE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

^ Cal Hartline perhaps?

I see you have the stock shield on yet, so either you hacked it to fit, or it's a stock appearing charger. You don't have to tell me/us, but what is it?

I have a Precision 5857. Crazy fast spool, mid 20's for boost no problem & looks like a stocker. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Never mind my asking anymore about your combo. I know who you are on TB.com Your sig there tells. Cool
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 pm

1twisted6 wrote:
^ Cal Hartline perhaps?

I see you have the stock shield on yet, so either you hacked it to fit, or it's a stock appearing charger. You don't have to tell me/us, but what is it?

I have a Precision 5857. Crazy fast spool, mid 20's for boost no problem & looks like a stocker. Twisted Evil

6765dbb turbonetics cutsheild for 3.5 downpipe external tial gate .It is running gate pressure right now till i could figure out what was going on (13lbs)Yes Cal Hartline is going to tune it turbo tweak chip is not cutting with 4inch pipe and ls1 maf.Turbo spools so easy and take so long to slow down ,that at idle the air swirls to much and maf causes block learn to jump up and down till turbo slows enough.So time for fast and tune.Its been 93 pump gas dual nozzle alky chip tune for last 6 months ,and eric at turbo teak said time to go one step furthur.So i talked to cal and will be going fast xfi .So logger ,scanmaster and lc1 widebad all going to be sold off,can use any of it with fast stuff.


p.s i got nothing to hide i am easy going guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
1BADT
Legit
avatar

Posts : 78
Join date : 2010-05-30
Location : Janesville Wi.

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:45 pm

The RJC system comes with a Borla muff and it sounds pretty cool. Never heard a TB that sounds like a honduh? More like a cessna Very Happy Hartline are good people to deal with, might be upgrading from the translator pro to XFI over the winter. Twisted Evil Looks like a killer combo you have there, mine will be similar for next season.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4293
Join date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 pm

1twisted6 wrote:


That's what I was wondering, just which TR's have you been listening to? No fucking Honda here. Twisted Evil

That thing sounds awesome. The one I heard the most at WOT was out racing with us at automotion. I don't know who the guy is.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My build   Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:18 am

1BADT wrote:
The RJC system comes with a Borla muff and it sounds pretty cool. Never heard a TB that sounds like a honduh? More like a cessna Very Happy Hartline are good people to deal with, might be upgrading from the translator pro to XFI over the winter. Twisted Evil Looks like a killer combo you have there, mine will be similar for next season.


Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:52 am

1BADT wrote:
The RJC system comes with a Borla muff and it sounds pretty cool. Never heard a TB that sounds like a honduh? More like a cessna Very Happy Hartline are good people to deal with, might be upgrading from the translator pro to XFI over the winter. Twisted Evil Looks like a killer combo you have there, mine will be similar for next season.
there is a few other thing i have changed since you seen the car,and its apart now for some more.I am looking at some more options well it is down with the rear main leaking.i could have it back on the road yet this year but why rush.Plus with girdle and stuff it takes twice as long get at the billet caps to get the seal out Crying or Very sad Ah and then there is all the studs ..lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
kp116
Legit
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2010-05-31
Location : Janesville

PostSubject: Re: My build   Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm

nasty187 wrote:
1twisted6 wrote:
^ Cal Hartline perhaps?

I see you have the stock shield on yet, so either you hacked it to fit, or it's a stock appearing charger. You don't have to tell me/us, but what is it?

I have a Precision 5857. Crazy fast spool, mid 20's for boost no problem & looks like a stocker. Twisted Evil

6765dbb turbonetics cutsheild for 3.5 downpipe external tial gate .It is running gate pressure right now till i could figure out what was going on (13lbs)Yes Cal Hartline is going to tune it turbo tweak chip is not cutting with 4inch pipe and ls1 maf.Turbo spools so easy and take so long to slow down ,that at idle the air swirls to much and maf causes block learn to jump up and down till turbo slows enough.So time for fast and tune.Its been 93 pump gas dual nozzle alky chip tune for last 6 months ,and eric at turbo teak said time to go one step furthur.So i talked to cal and will be going fast xfi .So logger ,scanmaster and lc1 widebad all going to be sold off,can use any of it with fast stuff.


p.s i got nothing to hide i am easy going guy.

Speed density > MAF Smile
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 pm

well its starting to come apart now....this is 20 minutes of work today...







allt he pieces that are off are going to get repainted and touched up.Have to make a 4inch intake tube from turbo to inlet to my air intake elbom sense i don't have a maf anymore.Also will be installing a set of lighting rods in the interior this winte,which i think will look pretty trick in the interior..
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Well rear main,oil pan gasket,and headers gaskets all replaced.Shifter out waiting for the lightning rods to show up....

_________________
Leader of the BLACK CAR POSSE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
overblown
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Looks good man. Lighting rod shifters are the coolest shifters to ever come out of a factory......ever.




_________________
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: My build   Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:52 pm

that is the deal right there..and actually that set in that car is the set i am getting .Iam not kidding...

_________________
Leader of the BLACK CAR POSSE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My build   

Back to top Go down
 
My build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» rethinking 4ac build
» My Introduction/History. AE86/Ka86 Build
» TRD AE86 N2 Race Car Project build log
» Custom Chassis Build Thread
» How can i build a dullie tractor?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Build Threads-
Jump to: