Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My build

Go down 
+17
Disgustang
Fuckin Schiller!!
Ls240sx
XSFTLBS
Vanilla Gorilla
Bod89lx
408 4 Eye
mr.johnson
Mclovin23
Overboosting
overblown
kp116
1BADT
2jz-U-Ltr
LLcoolJames
MikeyT
nasty187
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ls240sx
Legit
Ls240sx

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:26 am

Oh man the lightning stick. I had to dyno a car with that once. fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://Davidjlampe.com
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:49 am

Those shifters blow my mind. Honestly if I sat in your car I'd have no idea what to do lol.
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 am

Ls240sx wrote:

They're called Lightning Rods Rolling Eyes

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
Those shifters blow my mind. Honestly if I sat in your car I'd have no idea what to do lol.

Nothing to them. Just drop it in Drive or Overdrive like any other automatic, press gas & go.

OR... run them manually. Pull all three back, slap "1" forward when you want to hit 2nd, slap "2" forward when you want to hit 3rd, and well.... then it's in Drive, so either leave it there or push "D" up to "OD" and now you're in 4th.

BTW..... nasty187, is there anything to swapping in the Lightning Rods? Is there different linkage from the Hurst/Olds 200-4R vs the Buicks, or is is a direct bolt-on?
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Blackout wrote:
Nice gauge panel! What are you using for instruments?
its going to have gauges by a company called speed hut you design the gauge,font,lighting etc.Totally custom setup

moparkid wrote:
Glass Bumpers?
Yup street car stuff..i hate the bumperettes and all the extra crap to stockers,sold stockers 2 years ago and put glass on with aluminum brackets.I like my magic cock pony to be different and saw glass ones on another gn,had to have them.Ive been looking at glassing fillers and bubpers all in one..

1twisted6 wrote:
Ls240sx wrote:

They're called Lightning Rods Rolling Eyes

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
Nothing to them. Just drop it in Drive or Overdrive like any other automatic, press gas & go.

OR... run them manually. Pull all three back, slap "1" forward when you want to hit 2nd, slap "2" forward when you want to hit 3rd, and well.... then it's in Drive, so either leave it there or push "D" up to "OD" and now you're in 4th.

BTW..... nasty187, is there anything to swapping in the Lightning Rods? Is there different linkage from the Hurst/Olds 200-4R vs the Buicks, or is is a direct bolt-on?
need different cable ,top plate,bracket on trans and modify counsol a lil to make work.Still use same bracket for neutral safety etc.

Today put in axles and pulled trans pan off,changed filter and fluid.Tomorrow look at wiring stuff need to order for dash.Also see about ordering my 5 inch down pipe,then just waiting on electronics and wideband stuff....Busy next couple of weeks..
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
1BADT
Legit
1BADT

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 am

Just wondering, but do you honestly think that 5" downpipe is needed? Build looks good so far though.
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 am

1BADT wrote:
Just wondering, but do you honestly think that 5" downpipe is needed? Build looks good so far though.
i was talking to jason at rjc about it,and he pretty much has the same build as mine.When setup the motor and choose turbo ,I talked to him then already.The faster you get rid of gases etc the quicker the spool of turbo,and quicker going to make room for new coming thru. Right now it starts pushing car at 5lbs of boost.Eventually motor is going bigger.The intake,heads and alot of parts or off some TSO cars,it still street but barely.And after finding out the integrated maf was causing all my issues with idle and stuff.I am going to using turbo tweaks chip,and 90 mm maf,and translator.Eric and italked for a hour on wtf was going on and we narrowed it down to the pipe and maf.So being it a street car,maf is going to stay...if down pipe sells i put 5 on if not i tuck it away till motor goes big....

I have a 74 fiat,that is tubbed and stuff was thinking of putting this motor in.Car weighs like 1600 lbs right now with a small block in it.So a lil 6 with a turbo maybe retared.....
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Spent some time in garage this weekend put interior back together.Wired wbo2,installed new upper ball joints ,sway bar links.And well she breaths fire today....had it up and running,now for the gauges to get wired in...put on all my glass parts and she is ready to rock. Oh and make a few braces to keep it from twisting crap up....
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 9:46 am

nasty187 wrote:
Spent some time in garage this weekend put interior back together.Wired wbo2,installed new upper ball joints ,sway bar links.And well she breaths fire today....had it up and running,now for the gauges to get wired in...put on all my glass parts and she is ready to rock. Oh and make a few braces to keep it from twisting crap up....

So... what was the exact non-start issue? I read on TB.com that it wouldn't fire up for you. Sad
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 pm

module took a crap do to the bad splice by pcm.I also had an issue with the casper cam cap on it.It was not sparking after that.Got to love electronics.So now she is running,just got to finish my dash cluster.Also get bumpers and fillers back on.
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:16 pm

My build - Page 3 196996_10150163367522559_691297558_8596149_519812_n

test fit of gauges

My build - Page 3 199347_10150154193467559_691297558_8513917_2264297_n

lil brace i made out some parts had laying around

Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Dash looks good.
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:24 pm

Only thing i don't quite like about GN or Gnx's is that they only came in auto's. But i guess thats where a stall converter comes in.
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 pm

domestic killer wrote:
Only thing i don't quite like about GN or Gnx's is that they only came in auto's. But i guess thats where a stall converter comes in.

Gotta remember this about Turbo Regals.... these were "family" cars, not performance cars.

Even though they held a dirty little secret.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:50 pm

lol. nice
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:21 pm

thanks guys now just matter of getting it all wired in and ,putting my bumpers and fillers all back on and she be ready to rock..
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 pm

domestic killer wrote:
Auto's are faster than manuals. Auto = E.T Manual = MPH
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Well after 40 hours it seems like of wire tracing,soldering,shrinking shrink tube and wire routing .The dash is done and ready to go,so finished up few odds and ends with alky light and stuff.Finally took it out for a ride had a few issues, car shut off had to have towed how.Found out that cam cap that was 20 years old finally took a pooo.Replaced that went out for another ride,did a few launches and set speedo.Issue two came about transmission deceded it was time to go south and hang a clutch up inside or something.So spent 20 minutes today pulling trans out,tomorrow take over to my buddies shop and rip it down see exactly what failed.While i'm in there going to beef a few things. So should have it back and ready to roll by friday.....Now the debate is to install the trans brake i have had for almost 2 years since got the trans....
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Wow, your so close!!! Keep up the good work, you'll get these things worked out and while its out put the trans brake in, you'll be locked and loaded for track!

Mike
Back to top Go down

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:53 pm

R acecar.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:27 pm

moparkid wrote:
R acecar.

^^^^ for sure
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Not my fault i build the car for kill and destroy instead of stun.It has a/c ,cruise,rear defrost,turnsignal,overdrive,pw,pl so what if a i put R ace car parts in it....lol the trans brake came with the trans i just never put it in.I think now is the time to put in so i can launch it real nice on my street....

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

nasty187 wrote:
Not my fault i build the car for kill and destroy instead of stun.It has a/c ,cruise,rear defrost,turnsignal,overdrive,

LOL, for whatever when I first read that I thought you said Deforest! I was like "whoa, he is serious he put a whole town in his car for engine parts." I know.... I know..... wierd, but I got an odd sense of humor.

Mike bounce
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

that is funny... Trans is apart so far looking like fried some clutches,and broke a spot weld on the band...nothing major yet....
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Well that is good news. i want to see it with the trans brake in it! That just sounds fucking cool.

Mike
Back to top Go down
nasty187

nasty187

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm

well after further inspection forward drum is broke,and some parts went thro the pump.So look slike monday should have parts and be putting back in tuesday or so.Hopefully the gauges i had to send in for rework are back by then.Wheather is getting to nice ,not to have a car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My build   My build - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My build
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next