Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???

Go down 
+5
408 4 Eye
2jz-U-Ltr
eLetoR
cletus
XSFTLBS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Empty
PostSubject: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am

Here's what my "Piece of shit" did on the dyno. If the AFR was CORRECT until 4K, it would have made decent numbers:

https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/b46yk4.jpg

This is an overlay view, the correct looking curve was 2 years ago when the motor was 99% stock and on 15PSI. The fucked up looking lines were from this Saturday. It looks like the 10.XX AFR KILLED power until near 4K, when it started to lean out like it should. We are pretty sure that it dipped LOWER than 10.0, since the dyno's meter only reads that low. I have seen 9's in that area before.

https://2img.net/h/oi54.tinypic.com/2cz6iqv.jpg

This is a better view of the graph all by its lonesome. I'm pretty sure I also have an ignition issue judging by how choppy everything is as well. The car definitely needs a cap, rotor, and wires. I'm pretty sure that the air meter door is pegging too quickly, causing the injector pulsewidth to change, causing it to dump fuel from boost onset to 4K. The last couple of days, Ive been able to modify the air meter's door spring tension to lean it out a bit under 4K, and have added a bit of fuel pressure so its happy up top. It feels more linear in its power delivery, without the big jump in power near 4K. Hopefully i can get it closer to what it should be with tightening the door tension more, and adding a bit more fuel for up top. After that is CLOSE, I can get it back on a dyno and try to fine tune it.

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
cletus
Legit
cletus

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:16 am

whats your fuel pressure at idle? and under load?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bossandsons.com
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:34 am

At idle, its set at 39PSI with the vac line off. Thats the Stock 2.3T fuel pressure setting. It increases one for one with boost under load like it should. I didn't see any weird spikes in fuel pressure.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:14 am

What's the max cfm your maf reads?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:26 am

My access port says my car hits 9's on its way up to 6k but it's not a wideband so who really knows.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:27 am

360.5 CFM, and that's at 4.9999 volts.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:45 am

Does it operate from around 0.5 to 5 volts? 360 seems small to me when the rx7 fc maf will read around the 800's (according to my logger). Ever hear of people having problems with your set up?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:10 am

Yep, 0-5 volts. the 360CFM is as high as the meter can read at 4.9 volts. after that, the computer uses the BP sensor, the air charge sensor, and engine RPM to calculate the remaining fuel curve. It looks as if the problem is NOT after the meter pegs, its before. AS the meter is opening up, (rising voltage to peak) it starts DUMPING fuel. Adding tension to that door is tricking the computer into thinking that its ingesting LESS air, and it therefore pushes less fuel. Of course, that goes out the windo once it DOES peg, so i have to add fuel pressure on top.

Really, a MAF conversion or some sort of SD conversion would solve the problem instantly. Unfortunately, I don't have the money for either until January. With so little time left in the driving season, I'm trying to make due with what I have.

I just didn't think that it should be dumping that kind of fuel in the motor at those rpms..... on the other hand, i HAVE greatly increased the amount of air going into and out of the motor, by removing lots of restriction in the intake/exhaust.

The RX7 is an actual MAF, this is a spring loaded door in the way of the airflow: as the door swings wider, the voltage goes up. I really don't think that these meters had any business being on a forced induction car. N/A ( I.E. BMW's, VW's) cars had these and it worked fine, but using it on an engine that will flow a lot of air was a mistake from the factory.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:32 am

Because I'm A Good Guy and I like You, I went Ahead and Set This Up For You To Use Exclusively For Your Cars Issues ----> http://failboat.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 am

Holy

Shit

Man!

That has to be one of the funniest things Ive seen you do recently!

I about pissed my pants when I saw the hippo!
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:45 am

I Went To A Meet and Took My BOV Off Again

HAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you so much Peter!
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:46 am

I hope you know that is only out of love. I would not have gone through all that for anyone else lol
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:48 am

Can't seee....

Tears.... in eyes! HAHAHAH!
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:24 am

Funny shit!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 am

LOL that is funny as shit!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:59 am

don't have time to look at that other stuff but all im going to ask right now is correct me if im wrong but if he was running out of MAF it would go lean because it can not tell there is more air coming in....
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:36 am

Holy crap that is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Thats the funniest thing I'll see all week!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: WHY is it so fucking rich!!!???   WHY is it so fucking rich!!!??? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Everytime I see this thread I think of this;