Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blinkers Not Working, WTF

Go down 
+2
HoosierDaddy
bigbird94
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

Blinkers Not Working, WTF Empty
PostSubject: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Less than 48 hours from track day at Byron and what do you know, my car has a problem, neither blinker has worked as of first start up today. I havent investigated at all but im hoping its just the flasher, again (replaced 9/2/2010). If anyone has any other ideas please chime in. Car is a 1994 Trans Am btw
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 pm

If it isn't a flasher. Check tail light ground. Usually only affects one side or the other
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:22 pm

does anything else not work thats also located on the multifunction switch?
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:26 pm

My wipers and that all work on the switch. both blinkers are no go but i will check the grounds tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:28 pm

I doubt the grounds are bad on both sides... If you replaced the flasher once before Id start there.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:32 pm

Probably not. Looks like ill just have to swing by autozone on my way to work and get another flasher
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 am

Do the bulbs light up just not flash?
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 am

you dont NEED blinkers.........just use arm signals Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 am

bigbird94 wrote:
Probably not. Looks like ill just have to swing by autozone on my way to work and get another flasher

That could be your problem right there. Go to the dealer and get yourself a genuine AC Delco flasher. It will cost you a few bucks more, but how many times do you want to do the job?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:19 am

nightrunner06 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:31 am

nightrunner06 wrote:

+2 blinkers are for panzies Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:31 am

dumbass, you didn't even check the blinker fluid did you?!
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:40 am

^ I run synthetic blinker fluid so that cant be the problem. moparkid is probably right on the money. My hazards arent working either..and the flasher controls those too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:12 pm

well I was going to ask you if your hazard switch is working right most signals inop I see are from a bad hazard switch. now yours is the old school style but they are also known to get dirty inside the column and cause issues just like the old smoking column the old cars had when the signal is on coming off the hwy
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 2:01 pm

I put in a new flasher firday night and problem solved.
thanks for all the input everyone
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 pm

&^^^^^^ didnt see you at byron????
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 pm

yeah what's up with that
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Im sorry about that guys.
My passenger backed out friday afternoon and I couldnt find any one else on such short notice. Byron is like a 3 hour drive from waupun and it would have been really lame driving alone. Plus College Gameday was in Madison so I stuck around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blinkers Not Working, WTF   Blinkers Not Working, WTF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blinkers Not Working, WTF
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: