Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lifting Jeep - need alignment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

lifting Jeep - need alignment Empty
PostSubject: lifting Jeep - need alignment   lifting Jeep - need alignment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:00 pm

I can honestly say that I don't know shit about aligning vehicles. but I'm leveling/lifting my Jeep, so 3.5" front and 2" rear and going from a 245/65R17 tire to a 255/70R17. it's a simple lift using longer front strut forks, and coil spacers in the rear. I'm replacing the rear shocks, but everyone on the Jeep forums says my front struts will hold up just fine.

so once I lift it, I know I'll need an alignment right away as well as getting the speedometer recalibrated. I don't know if there's a difference between aligning a typical vehicle vs. one that's lifted, but if there is, can one of you guys recommend a place to get it done?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: lifting Jeep - need alignment   lifting Jeep - need alignment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:27 pm

accurate alignment is the only shop that aligns my cars ever. I had 4 botched alignments from different shops on my 240sx before I took my car to Jim at Accurate Alignment.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: lifting Jeep - need alignment   lifting Jeep - need alignment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 pm

jim does all my step dads street rods. and no lifting it will be fine but i might be hard to get the camber perfect because the control arms are moved from stock position.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: lifting Jeep - need alignment   lifting Jeep - need alignment Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm

i do all my own
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lifting Jeep - need alignment   lifting Jeep - need alignment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lifting Jeep - need alignment
Page 1 of 1