Share | 

New mod.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit

PostSubject: New mod.....   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:41 pm

For the kitchen.....

For awhile I've been learning that I like to cook. At first out of necessity because if I want to eat well in my home I had to cook. I was a super picker eater growing up and I'm much more open to tying new things nowadays.

I've been working a ton at my part-time job lately and decided to treat myself to some new hardware. I finally bit the bullet and ditched our old T-Fal set that has seen better days and picked up a 10 piece Anolon set. I know these are bottom mid range, but I'm pretty stoked. Seemed like a chunk of change to me. I was looking at a comparable Calphlon set, but these just seem to have a nicer finish and were beefier. 0.25" walls FTW.

.....don't worry, I still have a man card. I do have this coming as soon as they get finished with them, pre-order goodness. Handmade garage versions were good for 2-3mph in the 1320 and HUGE reductions in heat soak. I was hoping this would get here and I could get a tune in before Byron closed so I could see 12s this year, but I think it's all going to be too late.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Well that is certainly calling the kettle black.

Mike

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:23 am

Honestly no need to worry about your man card disappearing for buying nice cookware. I think knowing how to cook is awesome and there's nothing a lady likes more than a well cooked meal. Instant you owe me some vag tonight kinda deal.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:15 pm

is that the vararam intake? ive heard good things about those

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 pm

No. The Vararam is poo compared the SvedeSpeed OTRCAI

Here is the Vararam...

Vararam draws air from the hood gap and a wee bit from the hood nostrils. Some have tuning issues and that tray is somewhat cheap for a $300 intake IMO. You need to do some more work/insulating/fixing the gap from the tray to the hood. SvedeSpeed draws air from the front kidney grills, it's fiberglass box, and even comes with the trim to make the nice finished look if you keep the radiator cover and trim it. $400 intake with the $50 off with the preorder made it a no brainer.

Both of these are better than the Volant, LPE, and K&N offereings out there though. I'm pretty damn excited over a stupid intake.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:37 pm

we ordered some new blinds from Home Depot last week and they came with this piece of paper saying that if we went online and filled out some random internet satisfaction survey we would be entered to win this exact Calphlon set. my mom made me do the survey and now she's all excited lol.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Tusk wrote:
No. The Vararam is poo compared the SvedeSpeed OTRCAI

Here is the Vararam...

Vararam draws air from the hood gap and a wee bit from the hood nostrils. Some have tuning issues and that tray is somewhat cheap for a $300 intake IMO. You need to do some more work/insulating/fixing the gap from the tray to the hood. SvedeSpeed draws air from the front kidney grills, it's fiberglass box, and even comes with the trim to make the nice finished look if you keep the radiator cover and trim it. $400 intake with the $50 off with the preorder made it a no brainer.

Both of these are better than the Volant, LPE, and K&N offereings out there though. I'm pretty damn excited over a stupid intake.

I see and i could be wrong here but i read for tuning if you use that style of intake you have to tune using speed density instead of MAF but im not 100% sure on that

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:21 pm

You don't have to run a SD tune, but a lot of folks are going to that. Some are fine with a MAF, some are not. Some people point to the way the MAF is clocked/positioned when to be the culprit with the Vararam, but nothing 100% sure. I think I'd give SD it a try if mine wasn't a year round car unlike a fair amount of summer / fair weather GTOs. Someday she'll hibernate again.

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:10 pm

I picked up 3-5mph in the main straight at Road America with my OTRCAI!!! Super happy with mine!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 pm

I cook too, we got some kickass calphalon stuff when we got married last oct. I was pretty stoked, my idea since my wife doesn't really cook. Buy yourself some NICE knives. Even if you buy one really good knife.. like heaven.

I am stoked to get the kitchen remodeled. I have a jen-aire dual convection oven and a fisher paykal cooktop sitting in my basement. Snagged em off chicago CL for a retardedly good price.

Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 am

Cool to hear about your gains Nate. Some year I'll get out there. I was so close to cracking 12's last year. I should have yanked out my stereo while I was at the track Smile

240sxguy. I have a decent set of forged knifes, gotta have sharp stuff You have some nice appliances there.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:48 am

Tusk wrote:
Cool to hear about your gains Nate. Some year I'll get out there. I was so close to cracking 12's last year. I should have yanked out my stereo while I was at the track Smile

240sxguy. I have a decent set of forged knifes, gotta have sharp stuff You have some nice appliances there.

Nice, now get your ass in the kitchen and make me a pie! lol
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 pm

I know where I'm mooching on thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:
is that the vararam intake? ive heard good things about those

They are great on vettes. I've got one and love it. Completely different design though. GTO's must have gotten fucked.

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 pm

I have a serious brine thing for the turkey on Turkey day.

Yeah, GTO's got screwed.

PostSubject: Re: New mod.....   

Back to top Go down

New mod.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: