Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..

Go down 
+2
spyderToph
240sxguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Empty
PostSubject: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 10:38 am

Ill start, this is my latest dumbshit move.

Working on my WRX last night and I remove the oil pressure gauge and run to the hardware store. This is actually a f/p gauge that I had temporarily used as a oil pressure gauge. I was buying the stuff to tee it off so I could verify f/p on the subaru.

Get back, get it all installed. Start the car.. HOLY SHIT I totally forgot to plug the oil galley hole. There was this fucking rocket of oil that went all over my work bench. Thanks christ it wasn't my toolbox. I have a huge mess to clean up tonight. I moved everything that was oily, and just went inside. Dammit. I had to laugh though.

So what is your latest and greatest?

Evan
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 am

I got really drunk on Friday night, grabbed a pizza on my way home and was drinkin a little more while I waited. Brought the whole thing up to my room to watch Futurama and max out. Only thing was I had the plate of pizza resting on my chest while I was watching and passed out before I got through my first piece. Woke up the next morning, no more plate... Pizza EVERYWHERE. Moral of the story, finish your pizza before you pass out! haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:30 pm

Had a 03 Crown Vic Police car and was in a hurry putting in brake pads and installed them inside out..... Needless to say i noticed this right away and turned around and fixed the problem asap.

Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. N8233312 Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm

spyderToph wrote:
I got really drunk on Friday night, grabbed a pizza on my way home and was drinkin a little more while I waited. Brought the whole thing up to my room to watch Futurama and max out. Only thing was I had the plate of pizza resting on my chest while I was watching and passed out before I got through my first piece. Woke up the next morning, no more plate... Pizza EVERYWHERE. Moral of the story, finish your pizza before you pass out! haha.

He said while working on your car guy. lol
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Backwards pads? badass!

I asked about stuff done working on cars because it would take years to tell you about every dumb move I have made otherwise.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm

I used air tools for the first time and stripped a couple of lugnuts. Sorry bad story.. not very exciting.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:18 pm

turning a wrench on a subaru equals retarded.. so i guess everything that i did on my car then
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:36 pm

McMuffDiver wrote:
spyderToph wrote:

He said while working on your car guy. lol

Yeah but that was to awesome not to share! haha. And I've never really done anything stupid while working on my car. I guess there was this one time at work I started a car on a guy with no oil filter, let me tell ya oil comes out REALY fast....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Back when I was in high school, I put my rear brakes together one time on one of my old Monte SS's... also replaced the wheel cylinders. I was in a hurry, and mounted up all the brake shoes and away I went. got home and didn't have any brakes. cruised back to the shop in low gear, took it all apart, and found I didn't get the shoes set on the cylinders. First pump of the peddle and the pistons shot out of the cylinders Embarassed

So I got rebuild the wheel cylinders and bleed the brakes again.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Using a torch to heat up a brake line fitting, I got it a bit too hot and blew apart the rubber hose...(actually a good technique when you are expecting it) . Not expecting it, and having my head in the wheel well, I jerked back and hit my head on the fender hard enough to bend it (the fender). That fucking hurt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Blackout wrote:
Using a torch to heat up a brake line fitting, I got it a bit too hot and blew apart the rubber hose...(actually a good technique when you are expecting it) . Not expecting it, and having my head in the wheel well, I jerked back and hit my head on the fender hard enough to bend it (the fender). That fucking hurt.

Was the fender ok? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:34 pm

1st thing that comes to mind is walking, no... storming around the garage for a good 2 minutes bitching to myself, "where the FUCK did the 3/8 drive ratchet go!!!"

All the while, holding it in my hand & not realizing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..   Post something retarded you have done while working on your car.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post something retarded you have done while working on your car..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: