Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bought a new winter beater.

Go down 
+9
Disgustang
JamesZ28
bigbird94
saucemaxx
Tusk
347 LX
Fuckin Schiller!!
overblown
eLetoR
13 posters
AuthorMessage
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

Bought a new winter beater. Empty
PostSubject: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:23 am

This is the new shit box, a 1985 Shelby GLH.
Bought a new winter beater. 026
Bought a new winter beater. 025
Bought a new winter beater. 028
Bought a new winter beater. 027
Bought a new winter beater. 029

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:15 am

Holy fucking shit. Those are cool cars but holy fucking shit.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:39 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:24 am

Where's the rest of it lol?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 am

overblown wrote:
Holy fucking shit. Those are cool cars but holy fucking shit.

x2

Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:59 am

Goes like hell, more like went through hell
That’s a mean winter ride!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 am

Awesome, just Fucking Awesome. Why do I never find cool shit like this?
Back to top Go down
JamesZ28
Legit
JamesZ28

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 am

bigbird94 wrote:
Awesome, just Fucking Awesome. Why do I never find cool shit like this?

Pretty much what I was thinking. I'd love to have this for a winter beater. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for this beast eLetoR?
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Picked it up for $600 with a spare 2.5 block, SRT4 head, custom cam gears and a shitload more. It was a buddies project but he moved to Arizona for a new job. Looks like I have a project now Razz
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:30 pm

what are you going to do with the SRT head and a 2.2/2.5 motor?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Those are fun cars.

Just an FYI, there is one sitting at Schmidts JY right now, the interior is pretty much stripped, but it does have a rear shock tower brace and the front trim stuff is intact. You might be able to get some dash pieces as well.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 pm

In all seriousness that is kind of a rare mopar gem. For their time they were pretty sporty and would give a stock 5.0, stock Camaro a real run for their money. Hard to believe, but true.

Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 pm

MikeyT wrote:
In all seriousness that is kind of a rare mopar gem. For their time they were pretty sporty and would give a stock 5.0, stock Camaro a real run for their money. Hard to believe, but true.

Mike

Quoted for Truth. There used to be one that cruised EW all the time that was STUPID fast. Last time I saw it was about 2 years ago or so.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:35 pm

brngrhd wrote:
what are you going to do with the SRT head and a 2.2/2.5 motor?

The car has a 2.5 common block in it now that was rebuilt last week out of spare parts. If I can find the time and ambition, I want to put the skittle head on the 2.5. I have all the stuff to do it, just a matter of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:39 pm

hhmm guess i have not looked into it but i didn't think that the head would bolt on to that block.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm

MikeyT wrote:

Mike

Yeah, they are pretty rare. This one has Carrol Shelby's autograph on the visor, just a little nostalgia. I have a lot of the interior that I plan to put back into it and try to restore some of the cars lost glory. The car got pretty messed up back in 07' during a flood, it sat in 6 feet of water for a few days.
Back to top Go down
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

brngrhd wrote:
hhmm guess i have not looked into it but i didn't think that the head would bolt on to that block.

Definitely not a direct bolt up, but it can be done from what I've heard from the local turbo dodge guys.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:44 pm

ok sounds good if they have done it more power to them but I don't see it working from what i can tell. may as well just fab up some mounts and throw in a complete SRT combo
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:37 pm

thats fuckin sweet!
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

eLetoR wrote:
brngrhd wrote:

Definitely not a direct bolt up, but it can be done from what I've heard from the local turbo dodge guys.

friend of mine stopped in last week/said he was doin this head swap on his. sounded similar to the honda lsvtec type of deal except the oil drainback needs. head stud/bolt location is supposed to be the same & oil feed is simple.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
eLetoR
Legit
eLetoR

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:17 am

LLcoolJames wrote:
thats fuckin sweet!

TY Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new winter beater.   Bought a new winter beater. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a new winter beater.
Page 1 of 1