Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buffer, Polisher

Go down 
+2
MikeyT
kthxbai
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 am

Throw your recommendations out there. I'm shopping for a new one, my old, old one just is junk and wrong for what i do.

No set price range, give me the low, med, and high ends if you'd like. It will get "decent" service, not daily, but weekly, monthly service. I have done detailing in the past. I was stuck in Kayser Ford for two years during College and did the detailing for the new and used cars. Which was a nice experience at the time.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am

Ubersoph on the others forums liked Porter Cable I think.
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Are you looking for a high-speed or low-speed buffer?

Mine is a Black & Decker. Low speed electric, works great.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm

When I was helping my buddy Rick. He used a Griot Garage 6 inch orbital polisher. It sat nicely in my hand and was really smooth.
Mike
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:33 pm

moparkid wrote:

I would prefer a low speed. Too high a RPM and too easy to make a mistake. I'd rather take the extra time with a low speed and get it right.
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 pm

lilwillie wrote:
moparkid wrote:

I would prefer a low speed. Too high a RPM and too easy to make a mistake. I'd rather take the extra time with a low speed and get it right.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Porter Cable low speed orbital
Basically idiot proof and gets the job done. I like! Smile
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Black and Decker/ Porter are from the same family and priced pretty close, along with the Griot being the same size and price. Those seem to be what I am looking for also, proper fit and feel and the price is in the right range.

Cool, thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 pm

I use a Porter Cable 7424 with the larger counterweight. Works great.
Back to top Go down
Srauls
Legit
Srauls

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 am

I have a Groits garage orbital. Its not my favorite since theres no variable speed but does a good job for light polishing and waxing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/srauls
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:38 am

The PC Is the best bang for the buck IMHO. Its pretty difficult to screw up with, and the results are outstanding when ised with the correct pads and chemicals.
Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:06 am

My low speed Black and Decker is awesome.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 6:28 pm

makita for the slow speed/light stuff, mine goes down to 600 rpm. for the serious stuff i still have an old milwaukee heavy duty single speed machine from the late 80 early 90's...
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Sponsored content

Buffer, Polisher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buffer, Polisher   Buffer, Polisher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffer, Polisher
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: