HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 what do you have.???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HoosierDaddy
Legit


Posts : 3475
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:05 pm

i figured we are all pretty close here, so hopefully people are comfortable sharing what kind of setup yur running.

ok... i'll start

Pioneer Avh- 4200 dvd double din
front- diamond audio s600 s components
rear-memphis m-class 6.5 co ax
speaker amp- memphis m-class 3004 amp
sub amp- memphis m-class 250x1
sub- alumapro bp-8


and to help keep it safe a viper 5901 with secrets



ok now you go. lol


Last edited by nightrunner06 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1866
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 26
Location : Middleton/Menomonie

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:11 pm

front: best buy kenwoods
rear: pioneer somethings.
sub amp: sony xplod 500 watt
Sub: 2 Mtx 10's
And a JVC deck that doesnt eject cds anymore


I like to be brand specific
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 39
Location : Monroe, Wi

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:34 pm

I have a kenwood deck pushing 5 of the 6 factory mittsu speakers. Shit will blow your fucking mind.

_________________
"I was already out money for dates and shit. So i figured i would keep you around for a bj or two"
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:39 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhh a topic I truly care about Smile

This go around....
Alpine IVA W505 Double DIN
Alpine NVE-P1 NAV (w/ P102 upgrade)
Alpine PXA-H100 Imprint processor
MB Quart QSD 216 Signature 6.5" components (Pre Maxxsonix, handmade and matched #0320 of 1000)
MB Quart PWE 254 10" subs x2 (Pre Maxxsonix, modeled after the RF Power HX2 by RF)
MB Quart QAA 4250 250w RMS x4 Class A/B tank
MB Quart QAA 1000 1000w RMS Class A/B tank

Secretes to keep her safe.



_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:46 pm

let see i have a stock head unit...stock rear speakers.... stock fronts.... oh and the power antenna still works.....I can't hear it over the turbo spool or the 4 inch exhaust so no need to upgraded.....

_________________
Leader of the BLACK CAR POSSE....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 pm

No speaker rot and the antenna still works. Holy crud! That is the perfect reason to upgrade Wink

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
derrr123

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-12-09
Age : 26
Location : madison

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:03 pm

in a focus

2 gauge wiring-ebay(suppose to be rated for 3000 watts) but who knows!
sony side speakers all around ( its the upgraded audio package you can get when you get the car.)
cheap head unit-boss 40$ plan on getting the marine alpine idax100m
2 alpine type r's in a single ported box.
pda-1.1000 to power dem babes
my cd player WORKS! andddd i have cds for it! ftw
got a gauge that tells me how much power there drawing too

_________________
rather do it myself then pay out the ass for you to do it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Truck has the factory Bose Stereo with OE 6-disc head unit, also XM equipped.

Car was all stock w/the Delco Series 2000 radio, but last fall I installed an old Pioneer CD player I had laying around. Needed a CD player... No cassettes anymore. Of course, if you were born after 1988, you have no idea what a cassette is.


Security? I have this:
Back to top Go down
derrr123

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2010-12-09
Age : 26
Location : madison

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 pm

nice airsoft gun

_________________
rather do it myself then pay out the ass for you to do it.
Back to top Go down
nasty187

avatar

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-10-10
Location : FDL WI

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Tusk wrote:
No speaker rot and the antenna still works. Holy crud! That is the perfect reason to upgrade Wink
i don't even have a cassette player,just the old am fm...did i mention the a/c works to...lol its all stock Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.ripsnortin.net
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Heh, good old AC Delco AM/FM.... yeah ALL stock Wink

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Eh, if anyone cares.....

Stereo before the goat (Sentra - Final setup):
Pioneer 880PRS
MB QUART PWE 210 / 216 3-way component set
Soundstream 600-4
Soundstream 500-2
Audiomobile MASS 2012 12" sub (Made my TC / Audio Pulse. I miss that damn thing.)







Stereo before the Sentra (Talon - Comp car from way back, final set-up):
Eclipse 5303
Eclipse 2301 EQ
Boston Acoustics 6.3 3 way components
Soundstream DX5 active crossover.
Boston Acoustics 12.4 x4 (Ported isobaric configuration)
Soundstream 10.0
Soundstream Picasso (The "real" one).

Final.


First iteration w/ a Continuum.

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers


Last edited by Tusk on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit


Posts : 2913
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 37
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 am

Tusk wrote:
Eh, if anyone cares.....

Stereo before the goat (Sentra - Final setup):
Pioneer 880PRS
MB QUART PWE 210 / 216 3-way component set
Soundstream 600-4
Soundstream 500-2
Audiomobile MASS 2012 12" sub (Made my TC / Audio Pulse. I miss that damn thing.)







Stereo before the Sentra (Talon - Comp car from way back, final set-up):
Eclipse 5303
Eclipse 2301 EQ
Boston Acoustics 6.3 3 way components
Soundstream SVX4 crossover (I think, I don't have that build list with me at work).
Boston Acoustics 12.4 x4 (Ported isobaric configuration)
Soundstream 10.0
Soundstream Picasso (The "real" one).

Final.


First iteration w/ a Continuum.

Most these folks have no idea how baller that shit is and was ^^^^^^^^^^^

I
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:46 am

I know, damn whipper snappers Smile I have a lot of good memories of that setup. I've been thinking about making some kicks this spring.... I'm beginning to feel the need to cause myself grief and fix it 'till it's broke Smile

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit


Posts : 2913
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 37
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 am

I finally installed my Diamond D300.4 into my 530i. Stupid 530 stock deck uses differential balanced outputs. Diamond said it would work fine, diamond has no fucking idea what they are talking about. They work great if you like mono!

I bought a new audiocontrol EQL off of a dude on DIYMA for 80 shipped that will supposedly fix this whole problem. I did 6.5" boston SL components up front that I already had.

One neat thing about the BMW is the triamped front stage in the doors, I didn't have to run any wiring at all and located the passive crossovers in the trunk. I was able to fit the diamond amp in the stock amp location. It barely fits and the amp will have to be removed to replace my tail light bulb. I am praying the eql will fit in there at the bottom... it may arrive today.

Even though it is mono and all wierd and phasey sounding, tonally it is a bit better than the OEM nokia garbage.

I have a focal access pre made 10" box setup I am going to use for a sub. I have to cut holes from the trunk into the car. Ugh. I will likely open up the ski pass area.

Evan

BTW; There was a Continuum on CL a few months back. I almost bought the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
06evo9se

avatar

Posts : 201
Join date : 2010-08-08
Location : Antigo WI

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Tusk wrote:
Eh, if anyone cares.....

Stereo before the goat (Sentra - Final setup):
Pioneer 880PRS
MB QUART PWE 210 / 216 3-way component set
Soundstream 600-4
Soundstream 500-2
Audiomobile MASS 2012 12" sub (Made my TC / Audio Pulse. I miss that damn thing.)







Stereo before the Sentra (Talon - Comp car from way back, final set-up):
Eclipse 5303
Eclipse 2301 EQ
Boston Acoustics 6.3 3 way components
Soundstream DX5 active crossover.
Boston Acoustics 12.4 x4 (Ported isobaric configuration)
Soundstream 10.0
Soundstream Picasso (The "real" one).

Final.


First iteration w/ a Continuum.


OMG i have finally found someone with audiomobies! FINALLY i LOVE these subs, i have 6 of them with only 2 unblown, where did you find it at???
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit


Posts : 2913
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 37
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:57 pm

TC sounds can likely repair the ones you have that are cooked. I am sure Tusk bought them new. He is a geezer like me. (in the audio world at least)
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 pm

06evo9se... those 10"s or 12"s? I'd be pretty damn interested in a pair of 10"s.

240sxguy knows what's up Smile I got them them from Matt Overpeck. "CEO" of Audiomobile back when there was Audiomobile.

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

240sxguy wrote:
I finally installed my Diamond D300.4 into my 530i. Stupid 530 stock deck uses differential balanced outputs. Diamond said it would work fine, diamond has no fucking idea what they are talking about. They work great if you like mono!

I bought a new audiocontrol EQL off of a dude on DIYMA for 80 shipped that will supposedly fix this whole problem. I did 6.5" boston SL components up front that I already had.

One neat thing about the BMW is the triamped front stage in the doors, I didn't have to run any wiring at all and located the passive crossovers in the trunk. I was able to fit the diamond amp in the stock amp location. It barely fits and the amp will have to be removed to replace my tail light bulb. I am praying the eql will fit in there at the bottom... it may arrive today.

Even though it is mono and all wierd and phasey sounding, tonally it is a bit better than the OEM nokia garbage.

I have a focal access pre made 10" box setup I am going to use for a sub. I have to cut holes from the trunk into the car. Ugh. I will likely open up the ski pass area.

Evan

BTW; There was a Continuum on CL a few months back. I almost bought the damn thing.

Bummer and cool about the OE outputs. I think a fair amount of AC stuff can run balanced. My old DQX would. Looks like you have been busy though.

The Continuum was local?

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit


Posts : 3475
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:42 pm

tusk,

its obvious that you went nuts with mb quart. lol

whats your opinion on them? they seem to be pretty reasonable. where do you usually buy mb quart from>? locally?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm

I haven't boughten anything locally in years except for install stuff here and there from Radio Doc. I puckered up and crossed my fingers when I ordered my Signatures from EBay. I've boughten a lot of audio stuff there before, but that was an expensive set.

MBQ's new stuff is utter garbage from what I hear. I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole.

The amps:
I wanted them ever since they first came out. Serious power, fantastic build, and overbuild like a brick shit house. There was no way I could drop that cash for them new (MSRP $1999 and retailed around $1200) and you just didn't see those used at that time. I was originally looking for another SS 10.0 and Picasso or even a SS Davinci. I came across someone unloading the QAAs for the latest and greatest D class from someone else so I nabbed them for a smoking deal and never looked back. I believe in having headroom, and these fit the bill.

Speakers:
I like them. I don't mind the tweets though many comment on them (They are fine when they are not installed on access) and I like a bit of zazz anyway. My first taste of MBQ was switching from a HEX s600 set to a 3 way MBQ Reference set Wink

Subs:
They are a little hidden gem in the car audio world IMO and are CHEAP, OCD helped a bit also. They are VERY similar to the RF Power HX2 subs which were pretty decent. RF built the MBQ subs that year. I'm dumping 500w rms into each of them in a pretty decent sized sealed box and they haven't missed a beat.


Heh, sorry this turned into more of a ramble than anything.

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit


Posts : 3475
Join date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 pm

dont mind the ramble i like to talking car audio.

i love car audio, def. not a "audiofile" and its hard to learn about car audio in depth online, cause everyone that knows something, act like they know everything, and act like your an idiot.

so i stay away from that.


i buy locally when i can. as long as price cost isnt too much different. i like to hear before i buy type of thing.

i love my s600 s , , some focal , morel , and rainbow components kind of interest me though lol
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit


Posts : 2913
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 37
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Tusk wrote:
240sxguy wrote:
I finally installed my Diamond D300.4 into my 530i. Stupid 530 stock deck uses differential balanced outputs. Diamond said it would work fine, diamond has no fucking idea what they are talking about. They work great if you like mono!

I bought a new audiocontrol EQL off of a dude on DIYMA for 80 shipped that will supposedly fix this whole problem. I did 6.5" boston SL components up front that I already had.

One neat thing about the BMW is the triamped front stage in the doors, I didn't have to run any wiring at all and located the passive crossovers in the trunk. I was able to fit the diamond amp in the stock amp location. It barely fits and the amp will have to be removed to replace my tail light bulb. I am praying the eql will fit in there at the bottom... it may arrive today.

Even though it is mono and all wierd and phasey sounding, tonally it is a bit better than the OEM nokia garbage.

I have a focal access pre made 10" box setup I am going to use for a sub. I have to cut holes from the trunk into the car. Ugh. I will likely open up the ski pass area.

Evan

BTW; There was a Continuum on CL a few months back. I almost bought the damn thing.

Bummer and cool about the OE outputs. I think a fair amount of AC stuff can run balanced. My old DQX would. Looks like you have been busy though.

The Continuum was local?

Yeah, the Continuum was local. It wasn't cheap at $400 though. I had a soundstream D'artagnan for years that was a pretty solid amp until I blew an output running 1/4ohm drivers. My fault because I didn't meter the midbasses. OEM 9" RX8 woofers.

The EQL worked like a charm, just got it installed. I need to get it mounted and get some short RCA cables made up (1ft) to make it permanent. I had a couple days off work so I decided to tackle it. I am still amazed I fit this huge four channel (footprint wise), passive crossovers and eql where the factory amp was.

I ran morel stuff for years. Really liked the tweeters, but due to some freak occurrence my amp freaked out and blew up my tweeters. Running active front stage (amp channel on each tweeter) with no cap inline was a big mistake. The woofers survived. I built a pair of bookshelf speakers that live in my garage with the woofers and dayton tweeters. The bass they create is heavenly for a 6" woofer.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 am

Finding a good shop to listen to equipment at is a great find. Best way to go if you can. It's getting harder to weed through the crap on the audio forums now, eh just like everywhere else though I guess. I mainly stay on DIYmobileaudio.com and http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/

I liked my HEX setup, it was a woofer that puked and RAXX being a PITA that instigated my switch to MBQ. I've heard Q setups in the past so it wasn't anything too new. I was looking at some Focal KP2 and PG Ti (Morel) components with the GTO. Rainbow really intereste me too..... they are German made Wink

Glad that EQL worked. Did you ever get that D'artagnan fixed? I always thought that was a cool amp. Ekkk, $400 is a bit steep for a 705 Smile

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit


Posts : 2913
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 37
Location : Oregon

PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:09 am

I sold the D'artagnan as a working 5 channel on DIYMA. That was the same amp that vaporized my $300 morel tweeters so I never did trust it. I ended up using a GenX hifonics neptune 4channel that was stable at .25 ohms. Badass amp went to Germany when I sold it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: what do you have.???   

Back to top Go down
 
what do you have.???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: