Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time

Go down 
+10
GGevoX
408 4 Eye
saucemaxx
240sxguy
Bod89lx
LLcoolJames
Vanilla Gorilla
STiedVR4Guy
Petes71cam
2jz-U-Ltr
14 posters
AuthorMessage
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Empty
PostSubject: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:01 pm

I wonder how many dumb fuck people read this and actually shut their cars off after 10 seconds??

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1650/eight-facts-about-warming-up-your-car-in-winter/

I fucking hate hippies
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I let my explorer warm for about 15 mins. on cold mornings. Still running great at 174,000 miles.Fuck gas mileage, I only live 1.6 miles from work. lol. A tank of gas will still last me close to a month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Fuck that. When its colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra outside, I let my truck idle. I'd rather do that than wear out a starter. Plus those crybaby hippies aren't buying the $60 tanks of fuel for my truck, so they can shut the fuck right up. You don't hear me bitching about all the coal being burned to produce electricity to charge up there hybrid cars, do you??

Vehicle emissions are a lot cleaner than they were 20, 30, 40 years ago. Not everyone wants to drive a Prius (Except Steve's wife). Those Eco-Nazi's would shit a pair of hemp sandals if they knew my old man let his semi idle all weekend when its sub-zero temps outside.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Maybe 10 minutes when I'm getting impatient for something lol but 10 seconds... lol?
Back to top Go down
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Yea but even with a block heater the duramax takes forever to warm the interior, the heated leather is the only life saver, and the cavi. . . well I'm going to let nature take it's course so I fire it and run it for 5min then throw it in reverse pop the clutch and hope I finally hit the tree accross from my driveway.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:35 am

they are right about it not harming the car at all if you just start it and drive it. As long as you dont flog it of course. Wear your mittens and hats people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 am

I let my 77 3/4 Chevy with 4.11's and a 3 speed idle for about 15mins 3 times a day, but since it doest have efi and still a carb I guess I am cool.

In town 8mpg, on the hwy 8mpg, loaded down 8mpg, every time I drive that truck a tree falls over on a baby seal in the rainforest and Bono has a panic attack.

Fuck Bono, he yells at black babies.

Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Bono0790
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 am

Well I let my work van run all day unless its inside, but I dont have to let it warm up in the AM so I guess it equals out. The big item they didnt mention was the fact that the most engine wear happens on start up, so I would like to see the main and rod bearings on a car with 100K on it that is shut off everytime it idles for 10 seconds. Funny how someone from California is trying to tell us we dont need to warm are cars up for more than 10 seconds, last time I checked it doesnt get FN cold in California. I think I am going to go out and warm up my truck right now for no FN reason.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:08 am

My car shifts like absolute shit unless I let it warm up for a bit.

Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Quote :
You don't hear me bitching about all the coal being burned to produce electricity to charge up there hybrid cars, do you??
I don't think you plug in a hybrid
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:49 am

saucemaxx wrote:

I don't think you plug in a hybrid
Nope. But a $41,000 volt needs to be plugged in for 8 hours to drive 40 miles! Or you can pay an electrician to wire up 220 in you garage and you can charge it in 4 hours. Im going to go warm up my car now for the hell of it!
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 pm

I also read that article when it came out a few weeks ago. Ya I can understand warming up a cavalier or somehting brand new for 10 seconds but any sort of older car/modded or diesel ffffffff that. Yahoo spews so much dumb knowledge sometimes I hate it. warming my car right now. Screw trees
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:02 pm

My bad... I was thinking of The Volt and the Honda Insight and said Hybrid.

Eco-Nazi hippies sent me into oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:46 pm

im to impatient to wait for my car to warm up and rather sleep for an extra 10 minutes. we've cold started and driven my car for 11 years and 200,000 miles later it runs fine. and i always shut off my run when i stop not because of the environment but the fact that my car will overheat. lol
Back to top Go down
Mr Peepers
Legit
Mr Peepers

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:45 pm

If I can't pay a hippie to scrape the inside of my windshield for less than it costs to idle for 5 minutes then screw it.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 am

FWIW, a volt doesnt need to be plugged in to drive 40 miles. it has a gas motor to charge its batteries too so you can drive as much as you want. its obviously more efficient to be charged up though.
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 am

I love retarded people... If I am in a hurry I usually let my car warm up just enough for the needle to move so I know there is atleast some heat in the engine. However I do agree that your car will warm up faster if you drive it but I wouldn't start it up cold as shit and beat the piss out of it. Oil flows like shit in 30 degree weather and cars are engineered to run at a certain temp for a reason... Stupid hippies..
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:36 pm

kp116 wrote:
I love retarded people... If I am in a hurry I usually let my car warm up just enough for the needle to move so I know there is atleast some heat in the engine. However I do agree that your car will warm up faster if you drive it but I wouldn't start it up cold as shit and beat the piss out of it. Oil flows like shit in 30 degree weather and cars are engineered to run at a certain temp for a reason... Stupid hippies..

I see you on 14 like every morning dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time   Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well This Load Of Hippie Horse Shit Just Added Five Minutes To My Morning Warm Up Time
Page 1 of 1