Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rechroming in madison area

Go down 
+5
Bod89lx
Tusk
baileyracing
Fuckin Schiller!!
MikeyT
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

rechroming in madison area Empty
PostSubject: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:46 am

Hey Guys

I was wondering who does rechroming bumper pieces in the Madison area? i bought a lightly used middle bumperette for the Coronet and was looking to get it rechromed. Anyone with an idea it would be appreciated.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:46 am

bumperette? sounds dirty!
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 am

there is a guy that does it over near the englehart center... like right behind it a few blocks down. ill ask dad tomorrow and get more info, but last thing we had done by him seemed really expensive...
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 am

^ Old small shop in like a stripmall shop setting? I think I tried to get an IC pipe done way back when there. It was going to be more than what the pipe cost new Smile

I know some aquarium folk (Yes aquariums, don't ask) have sent some things off to Chromemasters with great results....think OCC. Not local, but.....
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:05 am

I know in most cases its cheeper to buy a repo bumper then it is to get a old one rechromed, unless they dont make them for your car Mikey.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:18 am

madison polishing & plating. the guy is expensive as fuck, an asshole & the quality is shit. my dad used him for all the chrome on his '31 5 window & 1/2 the pieces need to be re-done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 pm

There's a place down in DBQ that does chrome work but you're going to pay for it.

Call Al @ Keystone 249-4775. Tell him your buddy Zac said to call. They can do chrome work, and something that small shouldn't cost too much. They will have to ship it to Minneapolis, but the work I've had done there over the years has turned out well.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:32 pm

ma70tt wrote:
madison polishing & plating. the guy is expensive as fuck, an asshole & the quality is shit. my dad used him for all the chrome on his '31 5 window & 1/2 the pieces need to be re-done.

Jesus, thanks for the warning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 pm

I dont know of any chroming shops in the area but i do know some chics that can strip the chrome off.....
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:38 pm

Terminator wrote:
I dont know of any chroming shops in the area but i do know some chics that can strip the chrome off.....

or suck a golf ball through a garden hose Wall Bash
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

240sxguy wrote:

Jesus, thanks for the warning!

just sayin' my ol' man spent big $ doing alot of chrome parts on a very high end street rod & the chrome is bubbling big time on the most obvious part of the grille shell & the guy wont do anything about it. seriously sucks after the car was assembled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 am

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm kind of behind the barrel on this, the piece I have is looks like shit compared to the rest of the new bumpers.

Hey what do you think if i just sanded it down and painted it body color to match the rest of the car?

Here is the piece.

rechroming in madison area 6431059-100_3090

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:32 am

moparkid wrote:
Call Al @ Keystone 249-4775. Tell him your buddy Zac said to call.

I called them, and Al said oh yeah? How's gay Zac doing? I said you know taking it up the ass. Then we both laughed for awhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm

CrackedHead wrote:
moparkid wrote:
Call Al @ Keystone 249-4775. Tell him your buddy Zac said to call.

I called them, and Al said oh yeah? How's gay Zac doing? I said you know taking it up the ass. Then we both laughed for awhile.

Well played, sir Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 pm

I do what I can around here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:04 am

I'd have my dad sell you a nice one cheap but he says he's keeping it as a spair for his 70 6 pak bee, sorry Mikey. Do me a favor tho and before spring comes get one of those OCC "Mikey Rules" T shirts, thank you.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 12:40 am

Lol Thanks for the offer VG. I only paid $30 for this one so it will work out even if i have to pay to get it chromed

Mike

PS I need to check this shirt out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rechroming in madison area   rechroming in madison area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rechroming in madison area
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: