Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturn problems need help ASAP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Saturn problems need help ASAP Empty
PostSubject: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

my friend has a '97 Saturn SL2 winter beater with a 4 banger and 5-speed and he just called me, he doesn't know much about cars and is too broke to take it to a mechanic but he thinks he blew his clutch out. I think it may be a shifter issue. he said its stuck in neutral and just clicks when he tries to put it in gear but won't go in. he didn't really give me much info and had to take another call before I could ask more questions but does anyone know what this might be just from this info alone?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:34 pm

shut it off put it in gear try to start if the car dives away it may need just a slave just a master or just a clutch or any combo of the three LOL
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 pm

The cable for the shifter could be broken also.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 pm

well I got a hold of him again this is what he said. what happened was someone cut him off at a stop so he took off kind of hard, he hit 2nd and let the clutch out and the front wheels spun and then he heard a grind like you would hear if you missed a shift, but it stayed in 2nd gear. he said there is barely any pressure on the pedal and if he shuts the car off it shifts through the gears just fine.
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Slave cylinder is probably shot.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm

okay thats kind of what I was thinking. but I find myself to be terrible at giving diagnostics so I wanted to ask around before I gave a somewhat solid answer. but I guess he already left the car and got picked up so I can't make him experiment with it at the moment. thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturn problems need help ASAP   Saturn problems need help ASAP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturn problems need help ASAP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: