Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Audio noob in need of help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

Audio noob in need of help  Empty
PostSubject: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Decided after 2 years to finally put in my speakers, everything was pretty straight forward until I took out the old speakers. There were 4 wires in the door instead of 2, this is clearly something a previous ownder did their self judging by all the electrical tape and the colors on the wire were the same, so for example the power was a yellow wire with a red stripe, there were 2 of them. And the last thing I was wondering about...I was checking the voltage to see which wire was power and ground and on the drivers side door it read 2 volts, I did the same thing on the passenger side and it said 0. I didnt think much of it so I hooked it up and it seems to work fine but im thinking I shouldve tried the other 2 wires because maybe they have 2 volts going to it??? Also if it helps the ones im putting in are infinity reference
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Logan;

The ex owner had components in that car so there were separate tweeters. Is the car still torn apart? Do you have any pictures?
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

240sxguy wrote:
Logan;

The ex owner had components in that car so there were separate tweeters. Is the car still torn apart? Do you have any pictures?

No but it only take a few seconds to take off the door panel, I can later today, what about the voltage thing, what should it be reading on the wires with the key on?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

That's kind of irrelevant. It depends on the deck honestly. The easiest way to make sure you have the correct wires is to hook a meter up behind the deck to the speaker wires (with the deck unplugged. Take your wires and touch them together until you see it go to zero ohms (or set it on continuity and do it that way). That way you know you have the pair that runs to the stereo. Odds are if you have sound, and it doesn't sound bad its okay.

My week is kinda screwed, but I might be able to help you Sunday evening if you can get to my house.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 pm

I have it hooked up the same way he did with the wires that go to the speakers and it sounds pretty good so ill just assume its right, thanks for the help man
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Subscribed for nothing now Smile
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Tusk wrote:
Subscribed for nothing now Smile

lol, sorry man but im sure ill have some more questions for messing with the settings on my deck. It seems like I can set the hz for just about everything and I have no idea what that does.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Logan, what model deck do you have?

I think you are talking about a highpass/lowpass filter (crossover) but not sure.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

Time to tweak Smile
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Its a Pioneer premier DEH-P5901B, was just listening to them and they started to get fuzzy sounding fml
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Ruh roh.

Just the fronts or both front and rear?
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Batterys dead lol
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Seems like it has High / low pass filters.

Fuzzy meaning...... static? Double check your connections.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:14 pm

Overboosting wrote:
Batterys dead lol

Heh, that might do it also Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio noob in need of help    Audio noob in need of help  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio noob in need of help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: