Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?

Go down 
+4
OJDAJUICEMAN
408 4 Eye
Fuckin Schiller!!
240sxguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
240sxguy
Legit

Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm

Looking at one on craigslist. I may have a buyer lined up for my BMW. I need something more reliable and cheaper. http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2215679225.html

Any thoughts? Do these things fall apart at 100k miles? I am actually looking for an 01-03 maxima in the 5k range and spotted this.

Evan
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:23 pm

it's a 3800. those run forever, end of story
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Same thing as a GTP.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 pm

the great thing about the supercharged engines is the aluminum intake manis. the only real issue with the regular 3.8 is the plastic intake mani's/gaskets and they fail early but the supercharger replaces the plastic intake mani and its all good. but as long as you maintain it, it will be a very good car for ya. It will probably need wheel bearings at some point but those really aren't a big deal at all.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have never been inside one, I may end up hating it LOL. I won't bother this dude with the car f/s until I get my bmw sold.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 pm

3vs197 wrote:
the great thing about the supercharged engines is the aluminum intake manis. the only real issue with the regular 3.8 is the plastic intake mani's/gaskets and they fail early but the supercharger replaces the plastic intake mani and its all good. but as long as you maintain it, it will be a very good car for ya. It will probably need wheel bearings at some point but those really aren't a big deal at all.

my girlfriend has the grand prix version, all of above is corect. wheel bearings wheel bearings wheel bearings.

but there very easy
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 pm

Wheel bearings take less that a half hour on them.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 pm

nightrunner06 wrote:
3vs197 wrote:

my girlfriend has the grand prix version, all of above is corect. wheel bearings wheel bearings wheel bearings.

but there very easy
You girl? or the wheel bearings? cherry
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:24 pm

hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Its a good choice for that Family sedan. The 3800 will run forever, as long as you keep up on the Preventive Maintenance Cool
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

They are great cars I had a new ine back in 1993 and it was a great car .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

The wheel bearings seem to be a problem on most the Pontiac line. (but every make & model has something) It's usually the speed sensors that wear but you have to usually replace the whole bearing since the sensor isn't usually sold seperate like some other makes & models. My GA has had a few replaced & it's really not that hard to do & doesn't take to much time either. You'll know when it goes because it'll turn on these 3 lights all at once. Traction control off, abs & service vehicle soon. The sensor is out on my GA right now but the bearings good so I haven't really been in a rush to fix it as it drives fine, just throws those lights. As far as the 3800 goes though, I haven't really heard many bad things about them. I think I've sold maybe a few head gasket sets for them but not often or like stated above the intake maifold.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Go for it. Its cheap, practical and you can still have some fun when you put the pedal down.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:30 pm

My thoughts exactly. I have a guy who is seriously interested in my bmw, hopefully I can get that thing outta here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?   Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have experience/opinions with pontiac bonneville SSEI ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: