Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bought a new Toy.

Go down 
+2
Fuckin Schiller!!
XSFTLBS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:42 pm

I got this last week, and decided to post up some pics of it.

Alienware M15x

Core I7 720QM Processor

500GB 7200rpm HD

1024 MB ATI Radeon Mobility 5850 Graphics card

DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz - 6GB

Slot-Load Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD+-RW, CD-RW)

WLED Screen

802.11n Wireless card

Bluetooth card

ect ect ect......

I've been playing COD Black ops, Starcraft II and Portal on it for about a week now, and I love it. This thing kicks ass. Hesre are some pics, sorry about the quality (cellphone)

Bought a new Toy. IMAG0015

Bought a new Toy. IMAG0016

Bought a new Toy. IMAG0020

Bought a new Toy. IMAG0017

Bought a new Toy. IMAG0018

I love how all the LED lighting can be changed, its nice.

Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm

That is sick! I'm looking to get a laptop soon, sure wish I could afford something like that.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Even though I have no intentions to ever own a laptop these are pretty damn awesome. Saw one at a LAN party this weekend.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 am

Solid purchase. How does it run? I had an alienware and it ran pretty warm. My fan was hella loud.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am

also how is the battery life? I can't imagine it's too great lol
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:23 am

It runs great. Not as hot as I thought it would, kind of around the area of my old thinkpad, so not too bad.

Battery life is about 2 hours, and that is with the 9 cell extended battery. I wouldn't even try to be without the ac adapter if I had the 6 cell standard battery.

So far its handled everything I can throw at it.
Back to top Go down
06evo9se

06evo9se

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:36 pm

That thing is THICK LOL, how much more was it for a solid state? i upgraded to the solid state in my Macbook pro and i love it
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:10 pm

kevin, I never would have pegged you for a computer gamer. You totally surprised me, nice purchase man!
Back to top Go down

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm

i know nothing about computers, but that thing looks sweet! nice buy
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

06EVO9se - It would have been about 250 bucks more, and only half the size. I figured I'd wait until they come out in larger size and a cheaper price before I commit to one. Yeah, its thick. I had to actually buy one of those Swiss Bag backpacks that can handle a 17" laptop. No other bag would carry it around safely. It doesn't help that I have the big honking 9 cell battery either.

Peaches - LOL Thanks man. I used to do a lot of gaming, but with school, work, Family, ect it was put by the wayside a long time ago. I have a bit more time to do stuff I want now, so I figured it was time to step up to a big-boy laptop.
Back to top Go down

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:41 pm

cool laptop but what's the point if you need the AC adapter at all times and the thing weighs half as much as a desktop? Smile

what mouse do you use with it?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Its better than the last laptop I had, with a non existent battery. LOL It actually doesn't weigh as much as I expected. At least I don't notice it. Light laptops are for people with no upper body strength. Laughing

I am using an Alienware Tactx mouse ATM,

Bought a new Toy. AlienwareTactxMouse2

I would LOVE one of these though:

Bought a new Toy. Razer-naga-gallery1

I got the Tact X for free with my system (great promo) and it suits my purposes currently.

If any of you are going to be out at Nates Tomorrow, I'll probably be there for a bit messing around with it.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:17 am

I have the Razer Naga Smile
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:40 am

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
I have the Razer Naga Smile

bet I still have more apm than you Razz
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 am

I bet you do too. well actually I don't hae a clue because I don't know what that means. I'm still kind of a computer n00b lol
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 am

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
I bet you do too. well actually I don't hae a clue because I don't know what that means. I'm still kind of a computer n00b lol

It means actions per minute. Just had 238 apm over 30 min in a game lol (7140 mouse clicks and key stroks over half hour). I'm fuckin pro at being a nerd
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:18 am

oh holy fuck, haha nah I never really pay attention to that kind of stuff. to be honest I haven't even played anything besides Need For Speed World in probably over 6 months now.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:31 am

LOL you fucking geeks. Laughing

Just kidding. I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 and COD: Black Ops.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 am

Blackout wrote:
LOL you fucking geeks. Laughing

Just kidding. I'm currently playing Starcraft 2 and COD: Black Ops.

|
V

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
It means actions per minute. Just had 238 apm over 30 min in a game lol (7140 mouse clicks and key stroks over half hour). I'm fuckin pro at being a nerd
<--------

^
|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bought a new Toy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a new Toy.   Bought a new Toy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a new Toy.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-