Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official music thread

Go down 
+9
408 4 Eye
Thunderballs
Petes71cam
ma70tt
MikeyT
2jz-U-Ltr
franky.C
LLcoolJames
Fuckin Schiller!!
13 posters
AuthorMessage

Official music thread Empty
PostSubject: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:28 pm

With all the recent current events going on (Politics, cabin fever, Peter being shit on over at NAISOC), I find peace in music.

Let's all share our eclectic choices in music. We all enjoy different styles, genre, bands, and sounds. Also share why you like the tunes, or perhaps where you were the first time you heard the song. Or maybe a concert to remember!!

One of my favorite bands is AC/DC. I, unlike 99.7% of there fan base, prefer the Bon Scott era over the Brian Johnson (not that Bryan Johnson) era. RIP Bon.

In Fairness, Here's some Brian Johnson era AC/DC:

There was a time where I had as much hair as Angus Young. Nowdays..... Not so much.

Another one of my Favorite musicians is Zakk Wylde. Not just because he has a clever name ( Wink ), but he is great at bending strings. He really helped make Ozzy the solo artist he is when he played his first album, No Rest for the Wicked at 19 years old. Black Label Society is just a great, heavy band. I've seen Zakk live about 4 or 5 times, and have never been disappointed.

And then there is Slayer:

And Megadeth:

The original version of this ^^ from the Youthinasia album is better.

The first time I saw Megadeth live was at Kitts Korner in Pine Bluff. One of the best concerts ever cheers

And just because you're all a bunch of wonderful assholes, this is the song that was playing on the radio of my '89 GMC Jimmy the night I lost my virginity....

Leah's pretty fucking ugly. And I can't say much for the girl that took me all the way, either. After all, she was from Monroe!!
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 pm

some of my favorites at the moment:

this song is goofy but I like it because it kind of subtly insults the dumb shit they talk about in most mainstream rap.

and I don't know why, but I've always liked this one even though it's long as hell. it reminds me of my grandpa Earl who was like a dad to me since my real dad is a piece of shit. he passed away August of 2009 and I still miss him every day.

Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am

I listen to alot of less than mainstream hip hop music. currently some of my favorites are:

Everyone likes atmosphere

this song makes me happy

big fan of the guitar beat in this one

I could listen to Johnny cash's cover of Hurt, by nine inch nails over and over again. Its a song that gets my emotions going in my mind.

Ill post more some other time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:09 am

If I had to pick one band to call my absolute favorite, it would be KISS.

I admire Gene Simmons starting life here in the USA as a young immigrant, growing up viturally poor in a single parent household, earning an education, becoming a huge rockstar, and banging over 4700 chicks in a 38 year span. Another 200 and he'll catch up to Dwight... Very Happy I like KISS songs from both era's - masked and unmasked.

Some of KISS' best work was in the early-mid '80s when they first ditched the make-up:

Thru all the great songs, I still prefer the persona's and stage show:

Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:31 am

moparkid wrote:
I find peace in music.

this song will definetely make everyone else feel it too..
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:41 am

Stone Temple Pilots. First concert I ever went to, I was 17 waaay back then.

TOOL because MJK is the best vocalist I've ever heard.

That's all, you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:02 am

I love heavy metal and some Rap

Favorite band is Iced Earth Coming curse

Metallica greatest video of all time "one"

Anthrax

I love most anything that has energy!

Mike
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 am

anyone thats spent any time at my shop will tell ya, if someone likes it i probably will too. hence the external hard drives on the i tunes touch screen, usb turnrtable, thousands of cd's, hundreds of lp's, etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:28 am

Oh yes Zac..I do remember a group of girls laughing about some needle dick from Blue Mounds. But that was just last month. j/k Razz
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:22 pm

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:15 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I love heavy metal and some Rap

Favorite band is Iced Earth Coming curse

Holy shit dude! I LOVE iced earth! One of the first songs I remember from them is:

I also listen to a lot of Hurt lately:

CCR is always good

Some other stuff I like:

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:25 pm

A couple of others:

Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Ahh Drop Kick Murphys!! At this bar up here you hear them every other song, its them or Flogging Molly.

This is what I'm jamming too lately.

Anything by Mike Posner. This is obviously a cover, but he produced a long time out of his dorm room at Duke U. He's just starting to get popular with songs like Cooler than Me and Please Don't Go.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:29 pm

petes71cam wrote:
Oh yes Zac..I do remember a group of girls laughing about some needle dick from Blue Mounds. But that was just last month. j/k Razz

Heh, don't laugh. You probably know the chicks' step dad... He's a Monroe native, about your age, and was married to an older woman who's daughter I violated and tainted for the rest of society. Once a chick goes Zac, they never go back Cool

But back on topic. I'm not much into indy rock, but I've always favored the White Stripes since I first heard Seven Nation Army. I was at The Pub on State Street the when I first heard the song...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 pm

One unknown fact to many of you is that Saturday Night Fever is one of my favorite movies. I am also a fan of the Bee Gees. Let the hate commence:

Some of you assholes could take a dancing lesson or two from me Cool
Back to top Go down
1BADT
Legit
1BADT

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

As long as its good hard rock or metal, no emo Sad shit. Few of my fav's are,

Fear Factory,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRH2-1F_dD4

Devil Driver, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxPJGdlwM0

Mushroomhead, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF4yoINhbW8

Seen all three multiple times and actually seen Devil Driver in Edgerton when Big E's was still there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm

What the hell, its Sunday - Let's talk about big hair ballads:

Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Even on the worst days, Jimmy Pop and Evil Jared Hasselhoff can make me laugh Cool

And there new one:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official music thread   Official music thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official music thread
Page 1 of 1