Share | 

FUUUUUUUUCK!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, now there is a problem with the SHO. Wife was driving it home from work today, and it apparently decided to start dumping fucking oil out of the front of the motor. I had to leave work, give her the truck, and drive the SHO back to my work (On the east side).

Its definitely oil, and it puddles on the ground about half the size of a dinner plate when parked. Smoke is coming up between the alternator and the battery tray.... but I can't see anything leaking from the top. It seems to smoke WORSE under throttle, and its VERY noticeable when driving down the road. Its obviously oil coming out somewhere and hitting the exhaust/burning, so at least its not internal. I can't see much from the top of the motor, but it doesn't appear to be valve covers or intake (those were changed less than 1K ago anyways) so that leaves the following options:

Cam seals (Ugghh)
Crank seal (Uggh)
Crank position sensor seal (Uggh)
Oil cooler to block gasket, oil filter gasket, or any of the lines to that bitch (not so bad I guess)
Oil pan (not likely because of the ammount of oil)

Does anybody have a recommendation on where I can take this thing to be looked at in the morning? Preferably south east side, near Stoughton Road would be Ideal, since I'm afraid to drive it too far. As long as I can find WHERE its leaking from, I'm pretty sure I can fix it. Even if its the crank or cam seals, I have a nice write up with how everything comes apart, so thats not a problem. I guess the best thing to do would be to get it up on a lift and see if I can tell where its actually leaking from. Until then, we have only my truck to drive, and my wife and I work overlapping shifts at our jobs.

HELP PLEASE!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Where is the oil pressure sending unit on that motor?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

AFAIK, back of the block, drivers side just above the Trans. I thought about that as well, but it seems unlikely that its the source of the leak, as its on the opposite side of the motor. This would be the "front" (accessory) side of the motor, or the Passengers side.

I was also thinking its possibly the oil cooler to block gasket, which is notorious for leaking on these cars. I'm crossing my fingers that its the source of the leak.... because its an easy fix. The rest of it would involve me taking apart the entire front side of the motor to get at. Doable, but a royal pain in the ass.

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Get some flourescent tracer dye and add it to the crankcase. Run it a bit and track it with a blacklight.

Of course, clean the block up first. You can get tracer dye at a parts store or from a dealership parts dept. If you don't have a black light, take the one off your wall that makes your psychedellic posters glow Cool
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm betting the front main/crank seal. But those usually seep for a long time before they start dumping oil.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 pm

ok... We all know im an ass hole so here it goes..... you asked about these cars on MMM they pretty much all told you to run away. they are spendy to fix and are very hit or miss on if it is a "good" one or a total fucking pile or magic cock pony. now your here with the pile of fuck talking about how it is blowing oil out....... im pretty much doing a face palm right now along with calling you a dumb fuck. When you need a RELIABLE DAILY DRIVER WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUY SOMEHTING THAT PEOPLE TOLD YOU NOT TO.

I have an idea take the pile of fuck to the crusher and buy a nice daily driver for you wife........ for suck sakes man.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Pile of fuck. Learn something new EVERY day Smile

Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:53 pm

and i just read the same thread on MMM and LOL'd at the responces pretty much the same as mine...... but nicer.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Was going to type something earlier but I felt kinda like a dick, but since Steve opened the door for me...

Here we go again... Rolling Eyes

edit: OH almost forgot.... TyRANCHosaurus Cholesterauls
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Tusk wrote:
Pile of fuck. Learn something new EVERY day Smile

Its one of these

Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:34 pm

brngrhd wrote:
ok... We all know im an ass hole so here it goes..... you asked about these cars on MMM they pretty much all told you to run away. they are spendy to fix and are very hit or miss on if it is a "good" one or a total fucking pile or magic cock pony. now your here with the pile of fuck talking about how it is blowing oil out....... im pretty much doing a face palm right now along with calling you a dumb fuck. When you need a RELIABLE DAILY DRIVER WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU BUY SOMEHTING THAT PEOPLE TOLD YOU NOT TO.

I have an idea take the pile of fuck to the crusher and buy a nice daily driver for you wife........ for suck sakes man.

Screw you shithead. Seriously, go fuck yourself. If you don't have something constructive to say, blow it out your ass. I'm getting REAL sick of your shit (among others). Yeah, I know some people absolutely HATE these cars because they are finicky, but I like it, and other than this issue, it HAS been reliable. But I guess your cars never have any issues at all, right? I tell you what Steve, if you don't like this post, why don't you buy my wife a "Reliable" daily driver? No? You don't want to do that? Then shut the fuck up and move on. I bought my wife a car SHE wanted, that was a decent deal (current repairs pending) and haven't had an issue with it up until tonight. The last car I picked up for her lasted 5 years, looked good and I spent a whole 900 bucks on.

Anyways, I looked underneath it, and it seems like its coated in oil from the front of the oil pan back to the exhaust. I also noticed that it looks wet near the oil filter area. I took the car in a couple of weeks ago for an oil change in SP (didn't feel like doing it in my Driveway in the snow) so Its possible that they double gasketed the filter or didn't tighten it up right. After the car sits for a bit there is a puddle right under where the filter is. If its not that, its a good chance that the oil cooler to block gasket is leaking.... again easy fix. I'm really thinking its NOT a crank/cam seal at this point, since the motor is covered WELL before the cam cover. I'm guessing airflow was pushing oil back over the pan onto the exhaust. For those of you that have posted some suggestions or asked questions, thank you. I appreciate the help. For those of you that are acting like complete toolbags, its not welcome here.

*Edit* By"front of oil pan" i mean the front of the car, not the passengers side.

Last edited by Blackout on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Im guessing if it was double gasketed it would be pissing oil alot more than what it does...
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:39 pm

moparkid wrote:
Get some flourescent tracer dye and add it to the crankcase. Run it a bit and track it with a blacklight.

Of course, clean the block up first. You can get tracer dye at a parts store or from a dealership parts dept. If you don't have a black light, take the one off your wall that makes your psychedellic posters glow Cool

Thats a good idea, I totally forgot about dye. I'm close to a car wash, so i can hose the damn thing off in the morning to see whats what. Thanks.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Overboosting wrote:
Im guessing if it was double gasketed it would be pissing oil alot more than what it does...

Thats the thing. I'm now more than a quart low, and it was only driven about 5 miles from where the wife pulled over. Since she works about 3 miles from where she pulled over.... that means a bit over a quart in 8 miles. It also seems like it leaks MORE under throttle.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Blackout wrote:
Overboosting wrote:

Thats the thing. I'm now more than a quart low, and it was only driven about 5 miles from where the wife pulled over. Since she works about 3 miles from where she pulled over.... that means a bit over a quart in 8 miles. It also seems like it leaks MORE under throttle.

did it happen right after you got the oil changed? either way id start at the oil filter and go from there
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

^^^^ im with stupid.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Overboosting wrote:
Blackout wrote:
Overboosting wrote:

did it happen right after you got the oil changed? either way id start at the oil filter and go from there

Nope, its about 2 and a half weeks out from the oil change. I've double gasketed exactly ONCE, and it pissed all over the moment the engine was started. Thats why I'm not sure. Once its light out again, I'll be able to start figuring stuff out.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:55 pm

i know a guy who got his oil changed somewhere in sun prairie and his filter was barely hand tight and got oil all over the place. prolly increased with more throttle / pressure.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:01 am

Hm. I hope thats the case. If so, I'm going to be pissed. It would have been too easy for my wife to keep driving oblivious to the fact it was pissing all over....and royally fuck up the motor.

Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 am

I guess the first thing I would do then is try and tighten up the oil filter a bit
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:11 am

good song...reminds me of buffalo bill with his nuts tucked in

Last edited by Overboosting on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:13 am

wow.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:14 am

or this

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:18 am

Dude, a magic cock pony!!!!!!! That actually might be the most homosexual thing i have ever seen.

Mike

PostSubject: Re: FUUUUUUUUCK!   

Back to top Go down

FUUUUUUUUCK!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: