Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alright heres the pics

Go down 
+11
myles4g63
derrr123
MikeyT
kthxbai
240sxguy
STiedVR4Guy
LLcoolJames
Tusk
Mclovin23
Disgustang
Overboosting
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Alright heres the pics Empty
PostSubject: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Well there was some talk that people wanted to see the pics of my car after i got into my accident last year. Guess i never realized that i never showed anyone. I suppose i will tell the story as well for those who dont know.

It was around 7 on a friday night. Was on my way to a friends house heading from the east side of madison into sun prairie. Took sprecher rd., to hwy tt, to hwy t then to bailey and was going to take bailey to whichever rd it was that runs into main st. Well i was on bailey rd, and was about to go down the bigger hill right before the big right hand turn. It wasn't raining, the weather was good, and the conditions were fine. I wasn't speeding, i do remember checking my speed earlier in the road and making sure i was going 45. Now heres the part that makes it all interesting. Right before the "Narrow Bridge" on bailey a deer ran out in the road from the woods on the left. My car was lowered, and the deer was pretty big. I do remember seeing that it was standing up to where its body was at my windshield. So if i hit it, it most likely would have came into the car. I know your not supposed to swerve to miss a deer, but its a reaction, not necessarily a choice. So i swerved, not into the lane of oncoming traffic, but to the right. And it just happened that the guard rail for that bridge was coming out of the ground right where i swerved.. So i hit it kind of at an angle and launched my car off it. It sliced the end tank of my intercooler off clean, sliced into my oil pan, and then launched my car about 50 ft, over the bridge. I first landed about 15 ft after the bridge nose first and went end over end once. Some how after that i rolled sideways 2-3 times. I dont remember much of the actual accident still just bits and pieces. After it was all said and done, i guess at some point in the impacts, the latches in my seat broke (the part that reclines it), and it laid me down more and i hit my head on the B pillar of the car. If it didn't do that i would have hit my head through the driver side window. So i guess that was lucky that it happened. I was knocked out after the car landed and was taken via ambulance to the SP ER. I was told by people that the car had started the ground under it on fire or something. There was a really nice couple that stopped and helped me i guess and sat with me until the ambulance showed, and went through my phone and called my guardian and gf. I dont remember it at all, but i did contact them after the fact and went and met them and talked about it all. Thats where im getting some of this information. I came out the next day with a serious concussion (memory loss), a huge bump on my head, and i fucked up my ankle somehow. The whole thing kinda sucked.

But anyways so thats about it.. Surprisingly the airbags didn't go off.. Not sure if you can see it in the pics but the sensors for the front are basically right behind the fog lights attached where the frame is.. The areas where their located were untouched, but areas around them were mangled. The roof was actually a lot more banged up than what it looks like in the pictures, and the whole rear suspension of the car was pretty fucked. It bent the rear frame of the car. It snapped both my solid rear endlinks in half clean cut. Popped a few of my tires. Pushed the radiator/ac into the timing belt of the motor, so im guessing that the motor missed timing. Fucked the exhaust over pretty good via pictures, and im guessing the slice in the oil pan didn't help much either. Not much was salvageable.

Anyways if you dont feel like reading heres the pics. Im just gonna post up all the pics that i have.

Alright heres the pics IMG_6628
Alright heres the pics IMG_6627
Alright heres the pics IMG_6624
Alright heres the pics IMG_6623
Alright heres the pics IMG_6622
Alright heres the pics IMG_6621
Alright heres the pics IMG_6620
Alright heres the pics IMG_6619
Alright heres the pics IMG_6618
Alright heres the pics IMG_6617
Alright heres the pics IMG_6616
Alright heres the pics IMG_6615
Alright heres the pics IMG_6614
Alright heres the pics IMG_6610
Alright heres the pics IMG_6609
Alright heres the pics IMG_6606
Alright heres the pics IMG_6602
Alright heres the pics IMG_6601
Alright heres the pics IMG_6600
Alright heres the pics IMG_6599
Alright heres the pics IMG_6598
Alright heres the pics IMG_6596
Alright heres the pics IMG_6595
Alright heres the pics IMG_6594
Alright heres the pics IMG_6592
Alright heres the pics IMG_6591
Alright heres the pics IMG_6588
Alright heres the pics IMG_6586
Alright heres the pics IMG_6585
Alright heres the pics IMG_6584
Alright heres the pics IMG_6583
Alright heres the pics IMG_6581

Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 pm

holy balls thats worse than i thought
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:58 pm

tubbs your a pussy i can't believe you got knocked out for that little crash Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 pm

whats the problem??
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Egads... that steering wheel is the best shot though Smile Seems like you got away pretty without too much, always good. That is a shit stretch of road though. I smoked a telephone/power pole out there once and a gf of yesteryear flipped a car.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:19 pm

I though you totaled this car after hitting a deer.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 pm

The wheels wernt round enough?

Glad you wernt hurt worse in that one man
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

Moral of the story? Don't swerve for deer. Kill them. Fucking retard animals.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Subarus are notoriously safe. There are special instructions for peeling those cars open in accidents for paramedics and fire department. Glad you are alright, I am very impressed at how well the passenger compartment held up!

Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Wow that's scary. Glad you're ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 am

Crazy shit man.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:39 am

Wow Tubbs, that looks bad. I'm glad you are ok, pride heals over time and you can always get a new car.

mike
Back to top Go down
derrr123

derrr123

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:47 am

damn. too nice of a car to be sacrificed for a deer!
Back to top Go down
myles4g63
Legit
myles4g63

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 am

Wow. glad you made it threw that one
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 am

The car served you well and saved your life. That could have been much worse!
Back to top Go down
WWevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Christ that scoobie held up pretty damn well all things considered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Overboosting wrote:
holy balls thats worse than i thought

Yeah words could never really describe how it was.. Pictures do a better job of that

brngrhd wrote:
tubbs your a pussy i can't believe you got knocked out for that little crash Shocked

Ik ik i needa work on toughening up to not get ko'd so easily

Tusk wrote:
Egads... that steering wheel is the best shot though Smile Seems like you got away pretty without too much, always good. That is a shit stretch of road though. I smoked a telephone/power pole out there once and a gf of yesteryear flipped a car.

Yeah the steering wheel was one of the shots that always puzzled me because i dont know why it would be bent outwards like that.. You would think it would be bent in.. But yeah i am really lucky with the whole thing, and am glad it didn't go any worse.

blizzard wrote:
I though you totaled this car after hitting a deer.

Nope, never hit the deer.

LLcoolJames wrote:
The wheels wernt round enough?

Glad you wernt hurt worse in that one man

Thanks man

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
Moral of the story? Don't swerve for deer. Kill them. Fucking retard animals.

Yeah yeah im well aware now.. And i completely agree with you 100%

240sxguy wrote:
Subarus are notoriously safe. There are special instructions for peeling those cars open in accidents for paramedics and fire department. Glad you are alright, I am very impressed at how well the passenger compartment held up!

Is there really a special way to cut them open? And yeah i am extremely impressed how the passenger compartment held up.. All the doors still latched even, there were some extra gaps along the edges and things didn't line up but hey they all still shut.

kthxbai wrote:
Wow that's scary. Glad you're ok.

Thanks!

MikeyT wrote:
Wow Tubbs, that looks bad. I'm glad you are ok, pride heals over time and you can always get a new car.

mike

Done and done! Thanks Mikey

derrr123 wrote:
damn. too nice of a car to be sacrificed for a deer!

I know lol, if i could go back and take the deers life for the cars life i completely would..

spyderToph wrote:
The car served you well and saved your life. That could have been much worse!

That it did. Im proud of it for that reason.

WWevoX wrote:
Christ that scoobie held up pretty damn well all things considered

I thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Brendler84
Legit
Brendler84

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 pm

only saw some pics before, never actually saw how bad it was. glad you're ok though man
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:01 pm

That really sucks. Glad to hear you're ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:13 pm

that was the largest multi quote in the planet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Ahhahaha chris that made me laugh. Everyone has something to say about the accident and you come up with something about my multiple-quote.

But yes you are right. It's indeed might be the largest multiquote. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright heres the pics   Alright heres the pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright heres the pics
Page 1 of 1