Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Muffler for a turbo car

Go down 
+2
Bod89lx
XSFTLBS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Muffler for a turbo car Empty
PostSubject: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Hey all.

Ive decided that the T-bird should finally get its full 3" exhaust this summer, and the only thing I'm not sure on is the muffler. Straight piped is fun, but I'd rather not draw too much attention to the car while cruising. I need a single 3" muffler, preferably straight through (chambered = bad for Turbos cars) . Here are a couple I've been looking at:

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/race-mufflers/pro-bullet-race-muffler/pbr30-pro-bullet-race-muffler-3-/prod_823.html

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9174

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=ultraflowelded

Any opinions? I don't mind it being loud, but I'd like something I can cruise with and not be deafened. The goal of the entire system is 3" mandrel bends from the turbo to the bumper, no cat, and single pipe down the drivers side.
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 pm

You pretty much have the concept... anything straight thru.

Pypes Race-Pros & Hooker Aero-Chamber are very popular with Turbo Buicks.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:47 pm

The borla's that don suggested look good. I found that proper design has just as much to do with drone as anything else. I have a dynomax 3" straight through muffler where my cat would be. I have a resonator similar to the one don posted (not a borla) through to another straight through muffler in the back. My car doesn't drone, you can hear the exhaust but it doesn't make you feel like your head is going to implode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 pm

I have a Flowmaster on mine and I fucking hate it. Its restrictive and doesn't sound good IMO. But, for now I want to stay with the stock appearance dual exhaust outlets.... So I bought a cutout Wink

Hooker Aero Chamber or Magnaflow would be the best bet. Plus I don't think your car will make enough power that a chambered muffler will effect its performance Laughing Laughing

Settle down, Big Boy. Its a joke.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:51 pm

Es oval. Hands down best turbo muffler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 am

What about a moroso spiral flow?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:20 am

mr.johnson wrote:
Es oval. Hands down best turbo muffler.

What is this? Never heard of it. This is interesting to me too... I have been considering going to a more adult looking exhaust sans fart can! lol
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:36 am

mtperformance wrote:
What about a moroso spiral flow?

maybe for small block racecars... not for turbo apps.

heres the first link i found. they do make 3"
http://www.inlinefour.com/estunsysovun.html

best flowing and very quiet.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 am

Another vote for the ES. I'm from So Cal and I remember a lot of guys switching to them to still make power but avoid attracting police attention. Imports get fucked with hardcore there so every bit helps.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Awesome, never heard of those. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muffler for a turbo car   Muffler for a turbo car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muffler for a turbo car
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: