Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GTO Stereo install question..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

GTO Stereo install question.. Empty
PostSubject: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:48 am

yes tusk im asking for your help. lol

so im thinking about installing a single din pioneer deck in the car, but im not sure if my steering wheel controls will still work after? and also were would be the best place to get the install housing? uk the gay plastic thing with the extra cubby. i cant afford a screen/double din and the deck i have is really clean looking and i think it would go well with the interior of the car. im sure i could find something on ls1gto about it, but i dont have the patients to search on that site lol
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 am

I'm pretty sure you buy an adapter seperately to retain the steering wheel controls. Crutchfield usually has them. And that's about all I know lol.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:50 am

you can, i got mine from radio doctor. ..... i just did my fire hawk and it works great , its a little time consuming ( spelling?) to program it. but im happy i did it.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 am

who needs radios?

btw got a semi auto for this sunday.

now back to the topic.
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:34 am

btw i have a video of you failing to hit anything.

skeet skeet mothafucka

now back to topic.

so if i go to radio doctor i could retain my steering wheel controls and find the housing ( at least more than likely? ) i like one stop shopping.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:51 am

yup true story^^^ module retail is $90 !!!! but it makes it a really clean install ( i Hate steering wheel controls that dont work)..... other modules can be cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 am

ouch. thats more than i payed for the deck and harness. lol

sounds good tho thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm

nightrunner06 wrote:
yup true story^^^ module retail is $90 !!!! but it makes it a really clean install ( i Hate steering wheel controls that dont work)..... other modules can be cheaper but you get what you pay for.

That's crack talk there. I love supporting Radio Doctor, but you can get the interfaces WAY cheaper.

Get a metra instal kit, wiring harnes, and a PAC SWI (Steering wheel interface) or Metra Axxess (Steering wheel interface) off of Ebay.

I can't recal off of the top of my head on exactly what to do, but do a search on LS2GTO for the antenna amp rewire. If you don't, you won't get any reception.

You are goinng to want to sand smooth the install kit and paint it with a satin black. It will look like shit if you don't. I used SEM satin black on a couple of mine. Others have used Krylon satin black.

If you need some help holler. I do have the OE radio removal tools if you need to borrow them, or they're like $3 on EBay.

Here is a pic of my old DIN setup with the kit painted.
GTO Stereo install question.. DSC01660
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm

wow that does look nice. when i get home from school today ill look up what you have suggested, and ill let you know if i have any more questions!
thanks for your help, and the tips!
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes 90 is a lot . It's retail go figure... I paid 60 but I got it the same day, cause I'm a impulse buyer if I can't get it right away I ll Prolly change my mind . Lol
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:22 pm

it would be nice to possibly borrow that tool this weekend maybe.. thats if zimbrick east doesnt have the tool. my buddy works ther and hes going to check for me friday..

if he doesnt have it ill just shoot you a pm on here or something tusk, thanks for your hospitality.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Yeah, let me know. I hear a Ford (damn it) radio removal tool will work also it you cut them in half.
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:56 pm

thats how they should be..

cut in half.

lol thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GTO Stereo install question..   GTO Stereo install question.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTO Stereo install question..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: