Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GTO mod bug

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sutherlacd27
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Finally caught the mod bug. In 1 week SLP longtubes and LM1 get installed and a port and polish on the throttle body with a coolant bypass will be done at the same time. New set of taylor plug wires going in with the install since they will be out to do the install anyways. SLP poly rear stabilizer links done already. Soon to some will be Pedders poly radius rod bushings and strut mounts. Tune will follow up shortly as well to ensure im getting all the power I can out of the car. More mods in the future to come but these are the extremly soon to do mods. Would do more right away but the GSX-R 1000 is getting new rubber and velocity stacks/bmc race filter this spring/summer as well.
Back to top Go down

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:07 pm

May I suggest not going with Taylor wires, they are shit.
Back to top Go down
sutherlacd27
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 pm

mtperformance wrote:

Really? I've read only good things from people who got them on ls1gto. I considered jba and msd but everybody who got them said they were shit and wouldn't buy them again.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 12:16 am

The best wires I bought are on my 70 Coronet firecore 50's made by a friend of mine and a lot of the serious bracket racers run them. Let me know if you need a set I'll give you the info.

Mike
Back to top Go down

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 am

sutherlacd27 wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

Really? I've read only good things from people who got them on ls1gto. I considered jba and msd but everybody who got them said they were shit and wouldn't buy them again.

I have had 2 sets of Taylors (1 sbc, 1 LT1) and both sets got a bad wire in them in a matter of months.

But not to shit all over you here but why the upgrade in wires?
Back to top Go down
sutherlacd27
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 1:48 am

mtperformance wrote:
sutherlacd27 wrote:
mtperformance wrote:

I have had 2 sets of Taylors (1 sbc, 1 LT1) and both sets got a bad wire in them in a matter of months.

But not to shit all over you here but why the upgrade in wires?

Well hopefully I won't have that issue like you did. Since I'm doing the header install I figured I might as well get new plugs and wires when I do the install as well. I just ordered all the stuff from the same place and I ordered what I heard was a good set of wires. I also liked the idea that they held up good against the high heat my longtubes will put out. And the last thing was that they are 10.4mm instead the 8.5mm. And whenever I replace something I replace it with something better than stock haha.
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

Well its too late since you already ordered them.

But the stock coil packs and wires are good till you start making real power. North of 7-800
Back to top Go down
sutherlacd27
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:52 am

ItsSlow01 wrote:
Well its too late since you already ordered them.

But the stock coil packs and wires are good till you start making real power. North of 7-800

Yep and I was going to get them again but I didn't like the idea of them being next to my headers. No confidence they would hold up to the extra heat. And covers I found were $60 so I thought just getting plug wires for that price that can handle the heat seemed like a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Thunderballs
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:58 am

I ran the stock wires with no covers and uncoated headers on a 485rwhp h/c ls1 car. Not one issue.

Just saying.

But hey you will have some cool looking plug wires.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 pm

mtperformance wrote:
Mine have about 5000 miles on them but im doing my plugs this week for an unrelated reason. Should I man up and get a different set to put in right away before i regret it?
Back to top Go down

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 pm

bigbird94 wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
Mine have about 5000 miles on them but im doing my plugs this week for an unrelated reason. Should I man up and get a different set to put in right away before i regret it?

Here is a good example of post that should have been a pm.

But as far as the wires go its up to you.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm

There is nothing wrong with that post.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm serious go with a set of Firecore 50's last set you'll ever buy guarantee plus its owned by a young guy like us who does great work!

Mike

http://www.firecore50.com/
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I think im going with msd but the im sure the firecores are great though.
Back to top Go down
sutherlacd27
Legit

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

update: exhaust is on and its really loud. awesome loud. just need to replace an O2 sensor and all will be well. this means that so far the gto has slp longtubes, slp lm1 catback, slp MAF, K&N filter, slp rear stabalizer link bushings, lovells front radius rod bushings, hurst short throw shifter, and taylor thundervolt plug wires. still looking forward to port and polish on the throttle body, slp underdrive pulley, lightweight skid plate, removal of tow brace, and a tune. car should make decent power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GTO mod bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTO mod bug   GTO mod bug Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GTO mod bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Build Threads-
Jump to: