Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New tires :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

New tires :) Empty
PostSubject: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:41 am

I finally made up my mind and picked up some new tires last week. I've only driven my car twice since then and it has gotten way colder, but I think I'm pretty happy with my decision.

I HATE shopping for tires, HATE it. "Get these", "No these suck", blah blah blah. I ended up with a disgusting deal on a set of 245/40/18. Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs. Up from the 235/40/18 I had before. They make my INVOS look like magic cock pony. They seem to run a bit wide, I just have to keep an eye on the GTO front strut rub now.

I know I need to get some mileage one them to burn off the release compounds but so far so good.

From a dig they are about the same as my INVOS in the summer... flipping useless until into second gear. Keep in mind, cold tires and ground. I'm confident once it warms up and if I had some heat in the tire they'll hook decent. From my 30mph roll (warmish tire), something cool happened..... it sort of hooked. It was pretty cool.

Keep in mind my GTO is light as a feather and HIGHLY modified, so YMMV. I should definitely be out of the 14's now Smile

Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:04 am

pics or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 am

Those are a really good tire, probably the only Dunlop worth buying IMO.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 am

Tusk, did you get the tires through the group buy deal on that other site? Or what?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:43 am

brngrhd wrote:
pics or it didn't happen.

The INVOs final roll out burnt out area. Didn't leave much on the ground, but a nice smoke screen and a stinky car. Wifey thought it was fun until the car started to reek:)

View Larger Map
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tires :)   New tires :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tires :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: