Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RROD

Go down 
+3
Overboosting
overblown
Tusk
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

RROD Empty
PostSubject: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:54 pm

GAY is all I really have to say.

I went and picked up Crysis 2 today. I get home, take car of some stuff, and finally get all setup to blast some shit. I turn the damn thing, see the intro screen. I'm starting to get pumped now. I go and setup the visual setting all tweaked and the fugger locks up. I restart the XBox and it fuggin gives me the RROD stink eye. DAYUM!

Anyone want to unload one cheap or is actually good at fixing them?

Gay.......
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't want to rub salt in the wound here but I just want to warn you before another let down. That game sucks. It is beyond me how it got such rave reviews. I was so excited when I bought it, I'm pretty sure I was giggling as I opened it. An hour later I was bored out of my mind. I hope it goes differently for you after you get your box sorted out though.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Heheheh, damn it. I don't get games all that often either. ***sigh***

New 4G 360 comes in at $200. 4G Kinect setup comes in at $300. PS3 is the same...... ugh. Also have to convince my wife that this is a necessity:)

Piss on it.... off to get my hopefully last part-throttle log. Gimmie some time to think. I'm ready to move on to WOT and get her running as good as she can be.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 pm

I picked up the 4G last night at best buy and it they gave me a $50 gift card with the purchase. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:52 pm

There are "fix it yourself" kits on ebay for 20 bucks, we used it on anthonys xbox and it stopped the rrod but shortly after the disc drive stopped reading, I think it was unrelated though.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 pm

wrap it in a blanket and let it run for awhile. hopefully that will fix it long enough to turn in for 50 bucks towards a new one
Back to top Go down

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:05 pm

we have used a repair kit on one before and it made the red rings go away, but it seems like the disc reader got fucked up in the process...I would get an new one.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Mclovin23 wrote:
wrap it in a blanket and let it run for awhile. hopefully that will fix it long enough to turn in for 50 bucks towards a new one
Eh, not feeling that. I know it's been done, but that goes against what little I remember for my electrical engineering schooling.

I picked up a 4GB new black one tonight at BestBuy, working on the updates right now actually. This is good because our younger obnoxious neighbors are playing beer pong in their garage which is on the other side of our living room wall.... gonna have to turn the old Yammy up to 11 tonight. I never saw a new black one up close before. Looks like some tinkering has happened. Big 'ol fan on the top, different power supply, built in wi fi, more USB hookups.......

$220 out the door with a $50 gift card.
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:54 pm

I was going to say get the PS3, and wait till L.A. Noir comes out. Game looks sick. But since you already got the box, glad you stayed on the Light side of the force.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Tusk wrote:
Mclovin23 wrote:
Eh, not feeling that. I know it's been done, but that goes against what little I remember for my electrical engineering schooling.

I picked up a 4GB new black one tonight at BestBuy, working on the updates right now actually. This is good because our younger obnoxious neighbors are playing beer pong in their garage which is on the other side of our living room wall.... gonna have to turn the old Yammy up to 11 tonight. I never saw a new black one up close before. Looks like some tinkering has happened. Big 'ol fan on the top, different power supply, built in wi fi, more USB hookups.......

Solid call. I am enjoying the wireless so far. I had previously been using the converter that runs a internet signal through my homes existing electrical outlet wiring. It worked well for gaming but was not happy about streaming Netflix HD.
Back to top Go down

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:34 pm

overblown wrote:
Tusk wrote:
Mclovin23 wrote:

Solid call. I am enjoying the wireless so far. I had previously been using the converter that runs a internet signal through my homes existing electrical outlet wiring. It worked well for gaming but was not happy about streaming Netflix HD.

increase your speed with Charter...ohh wait...
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm

It's the EST
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

RROD Empty
PostSubject: Re: RROD   RROD Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:49 am