Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto techs.....

Go down 
+7
MikeyT
XSFTLBS
OJDAJUICEMAN
2jz-U-Ltr
240sxguy
Administrator
Tusk
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Just a pointer.......Using sand paper to diagnose a squealing belt / bad pulley while the car is running is a bad idea mmmmmmkkkkk. Just got done with a case where that exact same thing happened. I don't remember being taught that one at UTI.
Back to top Go down
Administrator

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Haha were all his fingers still physically attached?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wistreetandtrack.com
240sxguy
Legit

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:32 pm

^ Who goes there!!!

Tusk, do you work in the ER? Dumb bastards.
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Wow... just fucking WOW!! Shocked

Tusk...... I bet you've seen some braintrusts come in after they have stuck their hand into a running snowblower too?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Administrator wrote:
Haha were all his fingers still physically attached?

I can't keep shit stright today.

No homo.
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:01 pm

1twisted6 wrote:
Wow... just fucking WOW!! Shocked

Tusk...... I bet you've seen some braintrusts come in after they have stuck their hand into a running snowblower too?

I went to school with a kid who did that. It was jammed with snow, but he didn't know it was a 2-stage snowblower and one was still spinning.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:17 pm

check.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

People who do stupid shit like that deserve to have a finger or two lopped off.
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:36 pm

wtf. if u don't know what ur doing don't attempt. I fix belts all the time like this. lol.

I got all 9 digits..... oh theres 10.

if it's too cramped use a tool or throw a new belt on. this isn't for the faint of heart or stupid people. or yes u will end up missing a couple fingers.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 pm

89ChevondaSI wrote:
wtf. if u don't know what ur doing don't attempt. I fix belts all the time like this. lol.

if it's too cramped use a tool or throw a new belt on. this isn't for the faint of heart or stupid people. or yes u will end up missing a couple fingers.

Shocked

Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm

lol wut
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm

240sxguy wrote:
^ Who goes there!!!

Tusk, do you work in the ER? Dumb bastards.

Heh, honest question.

I work in outpatient surgery.... lead surgical technologist for orthopedics, neurology, and urology. Team UNO as we like to call it Smile Once in a while I head over to another facility as an obstetrics surgical technologist... c-sections and that jazz.

It's AMAZING how stupid people can be with snowblowers.....
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 pm

89ChevondaSI wrote:

I'm trying to comprehend..... I can't though.

#1 Wrong way to fix that problem....
#2 I take it you've never had a traumatic injury before?
#3 Experience had nothing to do with this....
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Tusk wrote:
Just a pointer.......Using sand paper to diagnose a squealing belt / bad pulley while the car is running is a bad idea mmmmmmkkkkk. Just got done with a case where that exact same thing happened. I don't remember being taught that one at UTI.

The guy who did this is the same guy who smokes a cigarette while pumping his gas.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:57 pm

moparkid wrote:
Tusk wrote:

The guy who did this is the same guy who smokes a cigarette while pumping his gas.

just a little FYI you can't light gas with a smoke..... proven on mythbusters something about flash point of gas was 640 and could not get the cherry on a cig above 550 or something

as for the belt thing who doesn't do that i like to use my hands all around the belt when it is running... who wants to give me a high 3
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 pm

brngrhd wrote:
moparkid wrote:
Tusk wrote:

just a little FYI you can't light gas with a smoke..... proven on mythbusters something about flash point of gas was 640 and could not get the cherry on a cig above 550 or something

as for the belt thing who doesn't do that i like to use my hands all around the belt when it is running... who wants to give me a high 3

LOL I used to scare the shit out of people when I'd be smoking when filling up a duece and a half with diesel. It never got old Smile

Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm

brngrhd wrote:
moparkid wrote:
Tusk wrote:

Your right, the gas isn't flammable.... Its the vapor. There was a kid in apprenticeship that said it was safer to weld on a full tank of gas than an empty tank - I told him to try it and let me know the results Laughing
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:15 am

I have never heard of anyone doing that to diagnois a belt squeal... What a dumbass.
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 am

WD40 will stop a belt squeal
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's a freakin small world afterall.

That guy just happened 2 be my one of my bosses!!!

I laughed soooo hard when i saw his hand all badged up and i asked him what happened. LMFAO! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:10 pm

Where do you work
Back to top Go down

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Meineke in Sun Prairie. The guy is 50 years old.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 pm

ha! when i worked at kayser back @ '95 a salesman was out in the shop one day looking under the hood of a grand cherokee & his high dollar pen fell out of his shirt pocket & went guess where? ding ding ding! guess what his next move was? you got it, off with the fingers & to the e.r. with the quickness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Sponsored content

Auto techs..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto techs.....   Auto techs..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto techs.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: