Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?

Go down 
+11
bigbird94
Disgustang
STiedVR4Guy
2jz-U-Ltr
408 4 Eye
HoosierDaddy
347 LX
Blown91LX
MikeyT
Rac3c4r
XSFTLBS
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:16 pm

This might just be the first modification to the Camaro:

http://www.cincyperformancestore.com/cp-hotchkis-1801.html

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Id say you learn how the car runs/drives/feels before making adjustments..

Then nitrous. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm getting there Smile

I just noticed today that the rear end clunks a bit going into second, and should you be going around a corner at the time, it feels like it actually is moving a bit. Might just be me though, as you are correct... im not quite used to it ATM. Smile No harm in planning ahead though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Change the differential fluid.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:30 pm

moparkid wrote:
Change the differential fluid.

Exactly! I'm thinking icky things happen when diffy's go "clunk"

Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:33 pm

I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

I'm not sure its the diff itself or just a worn bushing. It "FEELS" like a worn suspension component, and you only notice it when it shifts while you are going around a corner.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:36 pm

94 may still require posi lube. Change the fluid w/new 80w90, and add posi lube if its needed. Check your owners manual to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

posi lube sounds gay. Lol. Go with friction modifier.
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Put a real rear end in it and beat the shit out of it!
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

they make a big difference.

i found some for ya . $250

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=236_252_662&products_id=3176

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=236_252_318&products_id=2329 Smile

and with as hard as that trans shifts, it will find any slop any where in the car. LOL
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:46 pm

I would make putting a real rearend under it the top priority. Its the weakest link.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

347 LX wrote:
Put a real rear end in it and beat the shit out of it!

408 4 Eye wrote:
I would make putting a real rearend under it the top priority. Its the weakest link.

Yup
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:50 pm

LOL no sheet! I thought i broke something the first time it shifted into second!

Thanks for the links!

Im just looking at doing some real minor things this year, the rear end will wait until next year for sure. I'm on the fence as to what direction I'll go with that. Sad For this year, I want to get the small issues figured out and fixed, and then get it on a dyno to confirm the tune/see what it makes. After that its just going to be driven. Major shit can wait, I'd rather enjoy it before getting wrist deep in fail again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:51 pm

But if you don't save for the major shit in the first place you can break shit and then you can't drive it resulting in more fail threads and QQ.

Save for a rear end. then do the little stuff.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:54 pm

im with these guys
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm not worried about having the money to pay for a rear end if I need it, I can DO that. If it breaks, of course I'll fix it. But at the moment, its more about driving it and enjoying it instead of getting it and slapping a bunch of parts on it. If I have to replace rear end bushings, might as well do it right with the BMR suff JD posted. I'm not planning on putting DR's on it this year, so the rear end should be fine for now.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Blackout wrote:
the rear end will wait until next year for sure

It will wait exactly as long as it will wait and then your summer is over.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:58 pm

yeah and there are little things that should get fixed to enjoy the car but keep saving pennies for a good rear end
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Peaches wrote:
Blackout wrote:
the rear end will wait until next year for sure

It will wait exactly as long as it will wait and then your summer is over.

This is true. I'm just saying I'm not planning on it, but if it fails, I can fix it. I'm not concerned. I do know its the weak link right now, so its just a matter of time.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:00 pm

brngrhd wrote:
yeah and there are little things that should get fixed to enjoy the car but keep saving pennies for a good rear end

^ this.

I'm looking at the options I have for a rear end, seems like I have a few different ways i could go.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm

I would get some bilstein shocks and bmr springs all the way around. Or konis if you can afford it.
Dont do the LCAs without the drop brackets. Buy and adjustable panhard bar for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:30 am

Blackout wrote:
This might just be the first modification to the Camaro:

http://www.cincyperformancestore.com/cp-hotchkis-1801.html

Thoughts?

Way to much money.

If you want go with suspension parts go here.......

http://www.spohn.net/shop/1993-1997-GM-F-Body/

But if I were you I would go with poly ends and adjustable lower control arms and the same with the panhard bar, but a torque arm will give you the best launch.

As far as torque arms go you want a mid mount/ crossmember mount.....

http://www.spohn.net/shop/1993-1997-GM-F-Body/Suspension/Torque-Arms/Standard-Duty-Crossmember-Mounted-Torque-Arms/

Now about the rearend, a good way to check if the rearend has a lot of play (i.e. worn parts) is to get both back wheels off the ground and rotate one side slightly. Move it back and forth and see how much the wheel moves in relation to the driveshaft. Also while its in the air check to see if there is any play in the u-joints in the driveshaft.

If its a factory rearend (meaning the one that came with the car) it has a Alburn clutch pack style posi, so you need additive. If you need additive the GM stuff works the best, but you will pay for it.

A 7.5 10 bolt will live a lot longer behind a auto vs a stick, but this also depends on the setup. The odds of you ever busting a good 10 bolt on the street is slim, unless you have a serious tire (28X11.5X15 for example) and a big stall and or a trans brake.

The weekest thing in a factory 10 bolt is the gears, next is the diff (posi unit) and than the axles.

But yes if you are planning on taking it to the track often get a 12 bolt.

And if you are planning on keeping it under 600 rwhp and dont plan on putting a th400 with a trans brake, you will probably not break a 12 bolt.

As far as shocks go, you aint there yet.

ls1tech.com and camaroz28.com have the best classifieds IMO for getting used parts, but what some people dont know is if you go in the regional section on ls1tech (you want to go in the midwest forum) they have another classified section were people are more local.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-classifieds-142/

Last edited by mtperformance on Tue May 03, 2011 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:34 am

AWESOME. Thanks for the info MT!
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:13 am

Im sure the 8.8 out of your T- bird would work well under there too!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:59 am

I bought a fair amout of the discontinued GM friction modifier for the GTO rear end. Not sure if it is compatable. If you do some research and it will work, you can have some.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?   F-Body Guys.....Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F-Body Guys.....Thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: