Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread

Go down 
+6
Disgustang
mile_high51
Mclovin23
Overboosting
t0nyb0l0gna91
STiedVR4Guy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 am

moparkid wrote:
STiedVR4Guy wrote:

and I don't like shop mechanics touching my car while I'm not able to watch, they ALL fuck shit up.

I hope you're just referring to Subaru technicians Neutral

Mainly those that work in regular repair shops (Midas etc.) or dealerships who do shitty things like "test drive" the car to make sure everything is working properly. I usually don't mind taking it to a performance shops as they usually take pride in what they do and take the time to do a good job. I doubt anyone here is the kind of person that would cut corners then beat the piss out of my car after finishing something up.

There was a guy with a brand new 2010 EVO X on 3si.org that took his car to the dealership for something, he had an AP plugged in and found out it was driven 8 miles with an average of 12 mpg. That is the kind of shit I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

I didn't use cam locks when I put my timing belt on. They are nice, but not mandatory.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:16 am

mine are adjustable, so they work on anything with two cam gears that need to be held....
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 pm

Updated with pics.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 pm

So Matt came over and helped (did pretty much everything) me put in the poly urethane rear diff bushings I ordered from Turn in concepts.

They have 2 versions of it on their site, comfort and race, I ordered the race which they do warn there is some increase in cabin noise but so far I havent noticed very much of it.

Every gear shift seems WAY smoother and there is no nose from the diff hitting the bottom of the car on hard shifts. I highly recommend this to the subie owners on here. The kit from them is $70 and takes very little time to install (I think it took us an hour for the diff bushings and 20 min for the outrigger bushings).
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:45 am

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
So Matt came over and helped (did pretty much everything) me put in the poly urethane rear diff bushings I ordered from Turn in concepts.

They have 2 versions of it on their site, comfort and race, I ordered the race which they do warn there is some increase in cabin noise but so far I havent noticed very much of it.

Every gear shift seems WAY smoother and there is no nose from the diff hitting the bottom of the car on hard shifts. I highly recommend this to the subie owners on here. The kit from them is $70 and takes very little time to install (I think it took us an hour for the diff bushings and 20 min for the outrigger bushings).

fuck, that's what that is?
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am

Yep lol
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 am

ahh. well I may be trading in for another STi that's less of a piece of shit, but if not I'm definitely starting on suspension mods because pretty much every single one of my bushings are shot. so thanks for the review on the diff bushings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread   STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STiedVR4Guy's STi Build thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2