Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

got a new toy today

Go down 
+8
MikeyT
HoosierDaddy
GGevoX
Rac3c4r
Piro Fyre
Mclovin23
franky.C
Fuckin Schiller!!
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

got a new toy today Empty
PostSubject: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:36 pm

no, it's not a car... lol I went and picked up a new Sony Handycam HDR-CX160 video camera. has lots of positive reviews for low light shooting, shoots 1080p with 5.1 sound, 42x optical zoom, some stabilization shit, and 16gb flash memory. holds up to 6 hours of 1080 shooting without needing a memory card, and I can plug it through the USB in my car. the guy at Sears that I talked to seemed to know a thing or two about our hobby and said that without spending upwards of a grand on an external microphone and other shit, wind noise is pretty much inevitable but he said this camera pretty well filters out a lot of the noise.

anyway I've been sitting here fucking around with it for a bit at Tye's place and well, I think it should be good for what we do. Wink
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
anyway I've been sitting here fucking around with it for a bit at Tye's place and well, I think it should be good for what we do. Wink

No one wants to know what you do at Tye's house with an HD camera elephant

Edit: congrats on the purchase Smile

Last edited by franky.C on Sat May 14, 2011 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:43 am

seeing tye doing dirty things in 1080p is a fucking scary thought. but as far as the OP sounds like some good shit man. cant wait to see what it can do
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:59 pm

yeah he took a gigantic dump and I thought about filming the aftermath, but I decided it seemed unlikely that anyone would want to see that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:07 pm

If I had your money, I would throw mine away.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:05 pm

haha this one went on the credit card. I was gonna save up until I could buy one cash but I wanted to make sure I had one in time for automotion.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:58 pm

here's a couple test videos. still getting used to the settings and controls, my hands are almost too damn big for this thing. so these videos are pretty pointless, just checking out picture and sound quality.

here's Tye being a gangster

here's some wind noise testing, 60-75 mph with the driver window cracked, had to move the camera around a ton obviously since I was driving

and here's a clip of my car driving away, the wind was blowing straight at the camera so I wanted to see how much noise/crackle it would pick up standing still.

next comes editing practice.
Back to top Go down
Piro Fyre

Piro Fyre

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:07 pm

OMG that car's loud.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:25 pm

lol it's actually not that loud in person, just in the video
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Haha Tyes dance is epic.
Back to top Go down
GGevoX
Legit

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:20 pm

The sound on that camera is awesome. You really can't hear the wind noise but you can pick the car up perfecty. Great pick up. Time to get a van and tour the country. Giggity?
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Go to the wash tonight aNd video tape some race cars for some night testing , don't worry rain won't stop the real racers
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:34 pm

lol I might, depends on just how shitty it really is
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Looks great David the picture is awesome!

Mike
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:48 am

nice dude! that takes some really good video.
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:57 am

Yea good choice on the camera, its really clear even on the regular resolution. We'll have to open our youtube account back up when you start taking video with that
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:01 am

yeah for sure, I'm just starting to play around with some editing stuff now so hopefully I've got the hang of this shit come Automotion
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Nice vids. Looks crisp and is pretty good on cutting wind noise. Low light test vid? What are you editing with?

If you can look for a Sony Vegas torrent.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 5:50 pm

I just got a cracked version of AVS editor 5.2 for now, I'll look for Vegas once I'm on my other computer. and I am open to suggestions for any other software as long as it can be illegally downloaded lol.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

oh and no, I haven't gotten around to any low light testing vids yet. I was holding out for saturday night but of course it just fucking rained, go figure
Back to top Go down
roguestatus
Legit
roguestatus

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Ya man. Shitty weather this week. Lol my friend in HS had a cracked AVS as well. Ya I only mention Vegas because its like the equivalent of Final Cut for Macs.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
I just got a cracked version of AVS editor 5.2 for now, I'll look for Vegas once I'm on my other computer. and I am open to suggestions for any other software as long as it can be illegally downloaded lol.

I have access to any kind of video editing software you would want. Free, and legal.
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:08 am

legal takes all the fun out of it.

well not really but if I'm having trouble getting something, I may bug you about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a new toy today   got a new toy today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got a new toy today
Page 1 of 1