Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kthxbai
Legit

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Empty
PostSubject: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am

Old one was flimsy and cheap.

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB DSCN1684

New FTSB
We reused the old brackets and put on a 1 inch square metal stock.

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB DSCN0781

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB DSCN0782

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB DSCN0783

I think he did a pretty sweet welding job!
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Hey that looks good. It certainly is more meaty then the other one. BJ does good work, look at those welds, nothing breaking through that bead!

Mike
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

nice!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

looks great but why not leave the adjusters?
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 pm

ive always thought the heim jointed ends made that type (the old one) of strut bar silly. isnt the point of those things to reduce flex? wouldnt a heim joint promote movement? jmo...
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm

what your trying to do is keep them from flexing in and out as i understand it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 am

ma70tt wrote:
ive always thought the heim jointed ends made that type (the old one) of strut bar silly. isnt the point of those things to reduce flex? wouldnt a heim joint promote movement? jmo...

It did. It was very flexible when Chrise brought it in. The new one, I credit his measuring and bringing me the idea, is rock solid and should make a huge difference. I just welded it up fast for him. Nice paint choice also.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 am

I can't wait for the roads to clear up and really try it out! I feel a slight difference over the old one. Nothing major. Also a plus that it looks better too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LilWillie built me a custom FTSB   LilWillie built me a custom FTSB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LilWillie built me a custom FTSB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: