Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Like if I had the bushing and just wanted a poly version of it?
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

What does it look like? If it's round odds are it can be turned on a lathe.

I have poly bushings in my 240, and I wouldn't do it again. They squeak like all hell now.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Its for a sway bar. I believe it is like half circle and flat on one side.

This isn't going to be a daily driver and I'm not looking for comfort or quiet.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Call energy suspension with your dimensions, they may have something similar.

My car isn't a daily driver either. It's annoying as fuck. I think my squeaks are primarily control arms though.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Preston, check this shit out; http://www.directplasticsonline.co.uk/Polyurethane_Rod.html

I am sure someone in the US sells that stuff.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Cool! I'm going to call the place I am ordering some thing from and ask them if they have the exact dimensions. I have looked around for a while but I don't see anyone that makes these specific bushings.

Looks like most applications for sway bar bushings are universal and only need the diameter of the bar.

Also looks like I might be able to just order from O'Reilly's.

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 pm

I got poly up front on the Coronet. I had PST out of NY make mine up.

Mike
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:20 pm

MikeyT wrote:
I got poly up front on the Coronet. I had PST out of NY make mine up.

Mike

Good to know. I will check them out if this falls through. I am looking at their site and they have a whole bunch of options I might be able to just order.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Did some digging and found the dimensions of my stock sway bars and it looks like people from the 3/S community have used the energy suspension guys for the same application so I should be covered.

Thanks Evan!
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:39 am

Awesome man. Energy used to have a tech line that you could call with dimensions. They make so many bushings there is bound to be one that is a close fit.

Also;

Energy suspension does make a series of bushings now for swaybars that have grooves and grease Zerks. Try to get those, they won't bind or squeak if you can keep them lubed.

Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? GreSwayBB

Evan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?   Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know where to get polyurethane bushings made?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: