Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just seeing if their are options

Go down 
+6
Bod89lx
XSFTLBS
408 4 Eye
overblown
Disgustang
MikeyT
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Just seeing if their are options Empty
PostSubject: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Recently, a deal presented it self where I could get the correct year short block for my car. While my car is by no means numbers matching, it certainly helps the resale value to have it. Plus to boot the short block has a few things done to it. Well if I purchase it I would need a place to R and R the old engine. I also would love to have a set of hands. I certainly would be indebted and to you all and would of course provide beer and pizza. I might be delusional in thinking this would be a cool activity for us to do.

Mike

Ps I would if course offer compensation to any shop assisting.

Am I crazy to ask?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Imho no your fine asking....... Me and friends have done it many times for eachother..... Most on here are friends and doing a swap is nothing big. This a big block to big block swap? What "stuff" is done to this motor?
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 2:52 pm

^^What he said.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Well, big thing is better oiling, drilled for the hemi pick up, the reciprocating assembly is just overall lighter and better parts. Plus block work was really nice.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

looks nice? or is done by a well know shop with a good rep? huge difference this is one case where you can polish a turd.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:17 pm

hell if i get my rearend back in a timly manner (tomorrow would be great) then i can get someone on here to install it for me so i can go to the cruise thursday night.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm

brngrhd wrote:
hell if i get my rearend back in a timly manner (tomorrow would be great) then i can get someone on here to install it for me so i can go to the cruise thursday night.
Quit dreaming!

And Mikey, I'd lend a hand!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:27 pm

I am in a shop, what exactly are you in need of?
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

I know people aren't confident in my automotive knowledge, But I'm willing to help spin wrenches for shits and giggles!

BTW, it would be a great time to chance your fan/ trans cooler setup since you will have everything out.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:51 pm

408 4 Eye wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
Quit dreaming!

And Mikey, I'd lend a hand!

no kidding you get what you pay for....

Mike i can stand around and drink beer.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Guys you are all Fantastic! I would take whatever help you can give!

MT, basically I need a shop to pull out the short block and then put the engine together and back in. I know that is asking a he'll of a lot!!! Lol, it's why I asked if I was crazy for asking.

Mike
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 pm

If enough people are helping out, it shouldn't take very long either.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

MikeyT wrote:

MT, basically I need a shop to pull out the short block and then put the engine together and back in. I know that is asking a he'll of a lot!!! Lol, it's why I asked if I was crazy for asking.

Mike
Is there a cam in the shortblock? Will you need different length pushrods? Get all the fluids and gaskets and this could be done easily in a weekend! Look into my brothers thread, just him my older boy and I did it all! Started Fri. night, and he drove it home Sun. afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:57 pm

MikeyT wrote:

Mike

Well in a few weeks we might be able to make the magic happen, that is if you want to bring it down to Janesville.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 pm

mtperformance wrote:
MikeyT wrote:

Mike

Well in a few weeks we might be able to make the magic happen, that is if you want to bring it down to Janesville.

Brian Are you Serious???? That would be really cool! I would have no problem getting the car down to Janesville! I would even transfer my merry crew of helpers!

Mike

Andy yup, its got a cam in it. Comp XE 274 cam and I haven't decide if I want to keep it. If so I might need new push rods.
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

MikeyT wrote:

Brian Are you Serious???? That would be really cool! I would have no problem getting the car down to Janesville! I would even transfer my merry crew of helpers!

Mike

Andy yup, its got a cam in it. Comp XE 274 cam and I haven't decide if I want to keep it. If so I might need new push rods.
Now all we need is a date, strippers, and beer!
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
Bod89lx

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Just my .02 Mikey you may want to get the old motor out and then get the motor apart and put the new one together and when you know its good to go set up a time to drop it back in. If you are swapping cams and heads you may need to measure the push rod length and order some and check PTV clearance and you may need to mill the intake if the deck height is different on the new short block and they are often a lot of little things to take care of and maybe have to order parts ect... Also when it comes to a big project the more hands in the pie the bigger the chance of something getting missed. BTW if I can help out I am more then willing to do so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

MikeyT wrote:
mtperformance wrote:
MikeyT wrote:

Mike

Mike

Yeah Iam serious, there will probably be some logistics to work out but it ain't no big deal.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Bod89lx wrote:
Just my .02 Mikey you may want to get the old motor out and then get the motor apart and put the new one together and when you know its good to go set up a time to drop it back in. If you are swapping cams and heads you may need to measure the push rod length and order some and check PTV clearance and you may need to mill the intake if the deck height is different on the new short block and they are often a lot of little things to take care of and maybe have to order parts ect... Also when it comes to a big project the more hands in the pie the bigger the chance of something getting missed. BTW if I can help out I am more then willing to do so.

Don that is a very good point and traditionally my 70 doesn't like extractions. The big issue might be trailering it down to Brian's shop, after transferring the top half of engine onto the other block.

Mike

Brian thank you, we could talk and figure out the logistics and make it work that is convent for you.

Mike
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm

lmk if the car needs a ride or if ya need a place to do it. if its done at my place tho there is no need for extra hands. the fewer the better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:42 pm

ma70tt wrote:
lmk if the car needs a ride or if ya need a place to do it. if its done at my place tho there is no need for extra hands. the fewer the better.

I agree with Nate. When there are lots of people, there is distraction and the potential for someone to assume someone else torqued a bolt etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 pm

240sxguy wrote:
ma70tt wrote:

I agree with Nate. When there are lots of people, there is distraction and the potential for someone to assume someone else torqued a bolt etc...

I too agree with Don, Nate, and Evan. Too many problems can happen with too many people under the hood.

This isn't Monster Garage, though MT does resemble Jesse James....
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm

You have to figure that alomst 1/2 the people are actually going to show up, and 2/3's of them are going to drink beer! Wink
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Nate thank you as well! You have offered to save my ass on multiple occasions! Your shop is pretty close too! Anyway, You know guys I am overwhelmed by the offers to help. First things first I'm checking this block out this weekend. I've talked to the guy and the builder is a guy at a performance shop in Chicago. The guy emailed me the info, but I don't have it in front of me. The guy has the receipts for the build, so I got to sniff around in the mopar community a bit. Once it comes together we can set something up.

Again, thanks got everything you all are awesome!!

Mike
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 pm

MikeyT wrote:
Again, thanks got everything you all are awesome!!

Mike

No Mikey, you are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just seeing if their are options   Just seeing if their are options Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just seeing if their are options
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next