Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a body guy...

Go down 
+7
franky.C
ma70tt
mr.johnson
Disgustang
Blown91LX
HoosierDaddy
XSFTLBS
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Looking for a body guy... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm

To paint some new doors for my dad's truck.

I'm replacing two of them due to a rust issue, and now because someone broke into his truck while it was parked at work and only stole the power window switch out of the drivers door. So, State Farm, the fucking losers that they are, are sending a check to cover the cost of a hackjob bondo repair. I could go into more details, but to keep this out of the Rant Section I will say that if you think I'm anal about clean vehicles, you have never met my Dad. His 11 y/o truck doesn't have a speck of rust on it (except for the doors that require replacement).

I'm buying OEM doors, and looking for someone who's a good painter that may be looking for some side cash.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't know about side cash, but talk to Gabe at Roman Auto Body. He does great work at a very good price. He's right off of Phlaum Road in Madison.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 pm

id rather go across the street and go to advanced auto body , and talk to Shawn,

better quality , LOVES CASH! ( cheaper)

tell him you talked to me.

608-222-5656
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:57 pm

John Nicolet is an option.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 pm

i have a few rattle cans laying around and some masking tape......

i know a few people but they tend to take 3498634888753452345 years to get shit done so im not going to even give the names
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Olson auto exchange, they are good at flat black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Blown91LX wrote:
John Nicolet is an option.

Dad's truck is a Mopar....

mr.johnson wrote:
Olson auto exchange, they are good at flat black.

Gloss baby, gloss.
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:13 pm

lol i know. flat is much harder than gloss, you cant wet sand it.

they could paint your doors. and they would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 am

pm sent
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:49 am

StrokedZ wrote:
I don't know about side cash, but talk to Gabe at Roman Auto Body. He does great work at a very good price. He's right off of Phlaum Road in Madison.

Yea right, that fucker charges more than anybody in town.

Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 am

Orly? I brought him parts from the T-bird..... he repaired two rusty fenders, a fucked up bumper cover, a pretty cracked header panel and fixed my hood (had hail damage and a lip severely bent) all for 800. The paint was awesome too. Saucemaxx had his Evo repaired there too, and at a good price.
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:35 am

StrokedZ wrote:
Orly? I brought him parts from the T-bird..... he repaired two rusty fenders, a fucked up bumper cover, a pretty cracked header panel and fixed my hood (had hail damage and a lip severely bent) all for 800. The paint was awesome too. Saucemaxx had his Evo repaired there too, and at a good price.

Cool story

Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 am

It was better than you offered. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:11 am

franky.C wrote:
StrokedZ wrote:

Just my 2 cents

what have your 2 cents had done by him, and what did it cost?
Back to top Go down
Fuckin Schiller!!
Legit
Fuckin Schiller!!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:28 am

Gabe at Roman Auto Body is always one of the first recommendations I hear when someone asks about body work. I've never heard anyone besides you say anything bad about them.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 am

Fuckin Schiller!! wrote:
Gabe at Roman Auto Body is always one of the first recommendations I hear when someone asks about body work. I've never heard anyone besides you say anything bad about them.

well im one but i keep my mouth shut. ......

Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:02 pm

brngrhd wrote:
franky.C wrote:
StrokedZ wrote:

Just my 2 cents

what have your 2 cents had done by him, and what did it cost?

Front fairings on a motorcycle. 'Gabe' wanted to charge me almost 4x what the original part cost just to get it painted. Any other questions?

Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:22 pm

well generally i like to know why people bad mouth others.... if someone has a good reason go for it but when it is i heard from a guy who knows a guy i don't take what they have to say to mean much.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

^ Exactly.
Back to top Go down
franky.C
Legit
franky.C

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:27 pm

ok.

Ps. good luck with your search Zach.
Back to top Go down
U LK2LSE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 pm

brngrhd wrote:
i have a few rattle cans laying around and some masking tape......

i know a few people but they tend to take 3498634888753452345 years to get shit done so im not going to even give the names

Hey I think we know the same guys Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 pm

I got a buddy Ryan Kahl. He does good work. He painted the coronet for me and I think did a pretty good job for a driver. He is down near Stoughton and is reasonable let me know if you want his info.

Mike
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 pm

franky.C wrote:

Just my 2 cents

Someone over on my mustangforum is getting a complete repaint at Roman. They're really happy with the service thus far and with the cleanliness/moderness of the shop..... but they are paying ALOT of cash to get the work done. The car's not done yet, but so far he seems to be very satisfied with the experience. I Shocked when I heard the quote though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a body guy...   Looking for a body guy... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a body guy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: