Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I guess i had a little too much fun.

Go down 
+3
Tusk
Disgustang
HoosierDaddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HoosierDaddy
Legit

I guess i had a little too much fun. Empty
PostSubject: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:03 pm

as some of you may know i and a few people went to byron yesterday.
it was pretty toasty, but it was still fun. Could have ran as many times as you wanted also which was nice. Everyone's times were way slow because of the hot and humid air.

i was fighting my sticky tires and my tall rear end gear all day.

so the last couple times i raced i kept raising my launch rpm. ( knowing that 10 bolts are supposed to be weak, i didnt care). On the last run that i wanted to make , i said screw it and i launched it at 5000 rpm. Twisted Evil but the car wasn't having it. i moved about 2 inches and then it stopped. Luckily for other people the rear housing was still intact, so there was no fluid on the track.

after seeing that the housing was still good, i thought maybe the gears were shit.

I spent a 30 min today taking it apart and this is what i found.

i have still have a complete rear end, i will just take an axle out fo that. and stay clear of the 5k launch.
I guess i had a little too much fun. 2011-010

Last edited by nightrunner06 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:13 pm

guess it is time for some good axles
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Ouch.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Well it could be worse JD! New axles and green bearings and you should be good to go!

Mike
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

I have a whole rear end sitting there for me. It will cost me zero $ extra
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:35 pm

I love other peoples carnage pics!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 am

wow you got lucky!
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 9:19 am

Yup, had it fixed the next day. No noises or vibrations. So good to go
Back to top Go down
mr.johnson
Legit
mr.johnson

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

No way a rwd car broke an axle.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

mr.johnson wrote:
No way a rwd car broke an axle.

Last time I went to the track I took a spare pair of CV axles. I have towing insurance now though LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess i had a little too much fun.   I guess i had a little too much fun. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess i had a little too much fun.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: