Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DVD player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:21 pm

So anyone know of a double din deck that you can hook up a computer to and use it as a screen? I looked a little online. Also have recommendations for a DVD player?
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 pm

This is the company that a lot of the mazdaspeed people went with

[url= http://www.caskamultimedia.com/] http://www.caskamultimedia.com/[/url]

They made OE fit stuff for the car. No idea what type of universal shit they offer or if it's anything but chinese garbage but the reviews I saw from forum members were really positive.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:59 am

Eh, good luck with that. Why not just go CarPC? I'll look when I get home, but I'm pretty sure my Alpine W505 cannot accept video inputs. It can do a rear video camera though... might be a work around for that.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:08 am

Im a fan of the pioneer double din line. I've always bought them and still currently use them
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 am

^ Yeah x2.
Back to top Go down
JDMasfck
Legit
JDMasfck

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:40 am

I used an double din lcd screen with a mac mini in my last car.. worked great, had wifi, bluetooth, ect.. all hooked up to my factory stereo wiring..

Like tusk said, there really isn't a car stereo out there that will have input for a computer of function like one. I used the Lilliput touch screen on mine it was like $350.. it has hdmi & VGA along with RCA, ect.. it's simple. YOu really only need a computer, powersupply to run it, and a monitor.

I'll be installing one again in the ITR over the winter. It's a pretty simple process once you have everthing.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

While in the reading room perusing my Crotchfield mag I found some of what you are looking for. Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, and JVC all have DDINs with A/V inputs (Yellow coax/RCA). Alpine and Kenwood do not. You need to dive into their mid level, so you're looking at around $500 (Crutchfield prices).

I love my Alpine IVA W505 and it's goodies, but depending on what you want the PC for, I'd REALLY look into a CarPC.
Back to top Go down
JDMasfck
Legit
JDMasfck

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 am

^ yeah the CarPC's are great.. Hooking a tv up to the DDIN is the easy part, hooking a computer monitor is different, and you will have to get a converter unless you can run HDMI.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DVD player  Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD player    DVD player  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DVD player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: