Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drove a Volt today

Go down 
+4
MikeyT
Disgustang
240sxguy
Vanilla Gorilla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Well we got our first Chevy Volt in at work today, red, fully loaded nice car. Took it for a lil drive and it's crazy, zero sound except road noise. I've never been in anything remotely close to it and I have to admit I didn't have the tree hugging faggot feeling I had assumed went with driving that kind of stuff. It was actually sort of cool.
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Sweet. Sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:29 pm

but they are pretty spendy right? who knows that might be the next car my wife wants Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Dylan

How was the acceleration? They do kind of look cool

Mike
Back to top Go down
kp116
Legit
kp116

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Cool story bro.
Back to top Go down

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Go fuck a tree hippie.
Back to top Go down
mdanielp

mdanielp

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 pm

[quote= It was actually sort of cool.[/quote]

Cool as jamming bowling balls up ur arse?
Back to top Go down
http://www.genesisspeedshop.com
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I was suprised at how it accelerated, I expected a lot worse, and if you nail it you can hear the electric motor but barely. Mdanielp you are welcome to come and test drive it then you can let us know how it compares to your other hobby. The one we got in is fully loaded and is 46k with a yearly gas saving of a lil over 7k. I guess in a few years they want to get the price down but people are going to be paying for all the years of R&D that have gone into these things.

I also refuse to fornicate a tree.
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:
The one we got in is fully loaded and is 46k with a yearly gas saving of a lil over 7k. I guess in a few years they want to get the price down but people are going to be paying for all the years of R&D that have gone into these things.

That's ALOT of cash but your point of recovering the R&D is definitely valid. No one can dispute that there's a "novelty premium" built into the price too though.

Most people spend more like $4k a year on gas rather than 7 but even at that rate if the car doesn't become a maintenance money pit and you retain it for 5 years that would recover nearly half of your investment in the car. If you can afford it up front it seems like it could be a win.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:43 pm

What is the range on that thing?

Also for those talking about the gas saved what about your electric bill?
Back to top Go down
Vanilla Gorilla
Legit

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Steve wrote:
What is the range on that thing?

Also for those talking about the gas saved what about your electric bill?

I'm not a sales person so I don't know everything about them but I know it's about 40miles on battery alone and I think I've hear it's about $1.50 a charge. So once the hype kind of goes away and the price comes down I could see it being a decent deal for someone looking to get into that type of car.
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

i hope everyone buys these types of cars, so i can drive around the work truck when im 60
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drove a Volt today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drove a Volt today   Drove a Volt today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drove a Volt today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: