Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)

Go down 
+3
t0nyb0l0gna91
240sxguy
kthxbai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kthxbai
Legit

Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Empty
PostSubject: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:48 pm

or if you just like Toy Story.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=28490590&postcount=2

Toy Story 1 & 2 on Blu-ray/DVD combo and also 2 tickets to see Toy Story 3. Save about $44!

Print off the two coupons and go to Target.

My wife likes Disney movies so we buy them all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:38 pm

I remove virus's at my place of work, just a heads up, Coupon Printer is a virus, more or less spyware...... The trick is they make you install it before you can print the coupons off, than they give you a bunch of pop up and shits, pretty annoying. I remove this virus probably 10 - 15 times a week
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

^ Nice tip.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:58 pm

meat stick wrote:
I remove virus's at my place of work, just a heads up, Coupon Printer is a virus, more or less spyware...... The trick is they make you install it before you can print the coupons off, than they give you a bunch of pop up and shits, pretty annoying. I remove this virus probably 10 - 15 times a week

Actually you might want to re-research that.
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/a8a7f0e587402a8d2f84e02e6080f8d9c40ddcf69a87ae2679feebd12a2e10dc-1269369304
That mainly speaks for itself. Only 2 false positives.

Ok lets think logic here. Why would Disney hire a company to send out a coupon printer that gives you spyware? Also why are thousands upon thousands of Slickdeal.net users never reporting that they got spyware/virus from this? I have yet to see a popup. This software is only to make sure you don't print out the coupon multiple times.

http://www.coupons.com/corp/source/u_uninstall.asp
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:01 pm

kthxbai wrote:
meat stick wrote:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/a8a7f0e587402a8d2f84e02e6080f8d9c40ddcf69a87ae2679feebd12a2e10dc-1269369304

Ok lets think logic here. Why would Disney hire a company to send out a coupon printer that gives you spyware? Also why are thousands upon thousands of Slickdeal.net users never reporting that they got spyware/virus from this? I have yet to see a popup. This software is only to make sure you don't print out the coupon multiple times.

calm down buddy. he was just giving people a heads up that he removes viruses off people's computers from coupon printer or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm

LegaSTi wrote:
kthxbai wrote:
meat stick wrote:

calm down buddy. he was just giving people a heads up that he removes viruses off people's computers from coupon printer or whatever it is.

Do you not understand what I just said. That coupon printer is not a virus. Sorry but as an IT admin I take viruses pretty seriously and I don't send out viruses mmkay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm

mmkay, i work remote pc, and i can tell you right now that when i run my scans on customers computers, Coupon Bar comes up. It is Spyware and Adware.. As an IT Admin i am sure you know the definitions of those. It states that it is not spyware or adware however that it does pose a security risk. If you want your passwords and credit card information taken than have it installed on your computer.

And just for another reference, it is not Disney that is choosing to provide you with the coupon bar, it is third party sites who are doing so. I am also assuming that when you download the program itself they as you for email address, which will only lead to spam. Most likely which will also lead to a virus.

here ya go, some more reference for you

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/06/19/remove-and-uninstall-coupons-couponbar-and-coupon-printer-plugin/ "this one explains how it gives you ad's during browsing and spams your screen with pop ups."

http://www.spywareguide.com/product_show.php?id=2184 "this one explains how it spams your pc with ads. Sounds really legit to me"

http://www.antispyware.com/glossary_details.php?ID=1452 " and this one even tells more about how it is a security risk to your pc."

Man for being an IT Admin, you sure know your shit.
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 pm

Wrong program.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:52 pm

dude you need to stop
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Nerd-fight_thumb
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:

yeah no shit.

http://clicktoverify.truste.com/pvr.php?page=validate&url=www.coupons.com&sealid=102

http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Coupons-Inc-223835

I also just ran the latest Malwarebytes update on my machine that the Coupon printer is installed on and it found nothing.
Quote :
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3906
Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

3/23/2010 3:10:28 PM
mbam-log-2010-03-23 (15-10-27).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 122369
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Oh and antispyware.com is a known fake spyware site that in fact gives you spyware. Nod32 wont even let me go to the site.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm

runy spybot dumb ass. Malwarebytes wont find it, we run it as well, and it wont show up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:18 pm

not to mention your websites are taling about Coupons, Inc.... NOT COUPON BAR OR COUPON PRINTER
Back to top Go down
kthxbai
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:48 pm

About Coupons, Inc.

Coupons, Inc. is the global leader in interactive coupon solutions, providing clients with complete coupon promotional opportunities that appeal to key customer demographics. The Company’s innovative marketing technology solutions help top brands and retailers reach consumers on thousands of Web sites with the most flexible, effective and secure alternative to offline-delivered coupons. Coupons, Inc. clients and licensees include the majority of top consumer packaged goods companies such as Johnson & Johnson, General Mills, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft Foods, McDonalds and Clorox as well as hundreds of grocery retailers including Kroger and Safeway. Coupons.com, its consumer website, is the largest printable coupon website on the Internet. Based in Mountain View, CA, the company is a 2008 winner of the Red Herring 100 North America award, recognized as a company leading the next wave of innovation on the Internet. To start printing coupons, visit www.coupons.com. To learn more about Coupons, Inc., visit www.couponsinc.com.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20090128005309&newsLang=en

I ran the latest spybot.
Please tell me how 9 harmless registry keys will give me popups and steal all my info.
It doesn't even come up with any sys files or dlls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm

IT IS A THREAT AND A SECURITY RISK, all i am saying is that it is classified as spyware and adware. Which in the end can lead to other security risks. If you love to use it so much than go ahead and use it.

idk about you, but i don't enjoy having spyware or adware on my computer.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:04 pm

1. like 2-3 people on here MAYBE have kids.

2. this is retarded.

3. shut up.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

1. what do kids have to do with anything preston?
2. i have been over at stoshs desk as he has removed this off of peoples computer
3. he said it was spyware. which it is, which leaves you more susceptible to viruses
4. because YOU dont have viruses on YOUR computer doesnt mean other people wont.
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:18 pm

McMuffDiver wrote:
1. what do kids have to do with anything preston?

read the title of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 pm

oh. well i thought you meant calm down because kids could be reading it or something. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Peter MS3 wrote:

Yep Neutral
Back to top Go down
spyderToph

spyderToph

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 am

Too funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)   Do you have kids that like Toy Story?  (Hot deal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have kids that like Toy Story? (Hot deal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Lounge-
Jump to: