Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need(want) a car

Go down 
+6
t0nyb0l0gna91
Blown91LX
overblown
STiedVR4Guy
MikeyT
LLcoolJames
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:32 pm

So yeah, ive got the bug. I know i want american V8. Something thats not major expensive as a starting point, like under 5k ideally. Im sick of owning rusty pieces of shit so rust free is important. It wouldnt nessisarly need to be quick right now, but it should have the potential to be. Other than insurance and loans and all that the thing thats holding me back is im not sure what exactly to get. Ive kind of been thinking foxbody mustang if i could find a clean one or an LT1 camaro. I suppose what im asking; any input from the community for a young car guy?
Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:12 am

After reading everything you said, a foxbody mustang immediately came to mind.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:20 am

I like the F body idea or the fox body groups, but being the mopar guy I am, may I suggest a nice clean A body car! Such as a Dart or Duster. They can be had very reasonably and can be made very quick. I saw a real cool one on craigslist last fall for about 3500, that sounded like a blast. Also Zac just sold one cheap too.

Mike
Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah, everybody and their mother has a foxbody mustang at every drag strip everywhere too...
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 am

Ander wrote:
Yeah, everybody and their mother has a foxbody mustang at every drag strip everywhere too...

Could say the same of accords only instead of the drag strip its the grocery store.
Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:02 am

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
Ander wrote:

Could say the same of accords only instead of the drag strip its the grocery store.

Haha, that you could.
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:47 am

snap.

go with the fox. everything in your post points right at it. of course, i may be biased though.
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:52 am

i vote for the fox also. For 5k you can find a clean example. If you find a stock one i have some parts for it.
Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 am

STiedVR4Guy wrote:
Ander wrote:

And Preston gets the win Laughing Laughing

Being a young guy working at a Ford garage, and wanting something to "play" with - I would say mustang also. Parts are everywhere for those cars, there's plenty of guys on here that know them things inside out, and you can make them fast for not a lot of money. Surf eBay and Craigslist. Also, talk to Blown91lx, he know's a chick with a foxbody that she wants to sell Wink
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 am

You know her better than i do. Lol
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 am

You know how much she wants for it? What exactly is it?
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:29 am

its an 88 gt, blue and silver, spotless gray interior, rust free, has a few bolt ons, has been converted to mass air. Needs a small amount of paint work, motor has a tick. I think its a bad lifter. You could get it for under 4k. Has under 70k on the body. The motor has a ton of miles on it though. All in all its a pretty nice car. Give me your number if interested. I can pass it along.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:58 pm

get a fox body they are the best bang for your buck
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Damn, sounds like what i want. 843-7981. Lol see if she needs a pretty clean f150 Smile comes with stickers and a sweet CB
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:15 pm

CB Radios.... Classic
Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 1:27 pm

As a Chevy guy I'd agree with the Fox Body suggestion. The old models normally have less rust than the F bodies and are priced better. Find one for around 3K and then save the rest for insurance and repairs it will likely need right away.
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 pm

i know of a couple decent buys for ya. my nieghbor has a '95 camaro, its a v6/4l60 car but lady owned since new 80k forest green/black interior, air is freshly redone, alignment, new tires, tons of recent maintenence. just did a complete buff/polish on it a week ago $3500 this one sits next door to my shop every day.

the other one i know of is a '90 gt mustang black 5 speed grey interior 150k everything works & runs good, drives nice. $2000 obo this friend of mine is finishing his notch up and wants to let this one go cheap

last one i know of is an '87 monte carlo ss, black, t-tops, totally stock/original real ss with console/buckets/tach/duals. paint needs some love & it could use some tlc but a ok all around car $2,000

lmk/pm for details
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 pm

under 5k...there wont be many clean f bodies...5-10k will get you a clean one tho (i did Very Happy). Fox body is prolly your best bet
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:21 pm

from the price range and criteria, i thought lt1 camaro... but you beat me to it
Back to top Go down
Blown91LX
Legit
Blown91LX

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I talked with the father of the mega cunt that owns that gt. He said he would give her your number. Like i said it could be a nice car. I cant stress rust free enough. the underside of this thing is the cleanest ive seen. It has the mass air conversion,24lb injectors, my old ported stock intake, bbk long tube headers, pony wheels, odd options for a gt(no rear defrost and power locks with manual windows, never seen that before) the windows are tinted, think it has underdrive pulleys as well. Like i said the car has low miles the motor does not. the stock motor found its way into a notchback and the gt got the notch motor. Im gonna say it has 130k plus. Dont let that scare you. Its a 5.0 they can be rebuilt dirt cheap. I should warn you that this bitch can be hard to deal with (if she calls that is). If she does call, you dont know me. Dropping my name with her will not help you at all. LOL!! Good luck.
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:43 pm

Ok dont mention you at all, gotcha Smile. Im not woried about the motor, The plan would be to do a rebuild next winter in school no matter what i get. Its just something i want to do.

Thanks for all the input guys. Im thinking I do want a fox body. I could see myself in a camaro, But i would get so much shit for it from alot of people lol.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm

whos gonna give you shit. lol
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Im kind of a chevy hater. Not that i actually hate them or anything ive just always had a ford. Ive got a big ford oval in the back window of my truck and everything. Most of my buddies drive chevy trucks, and i give them alot of shit for it. Id get alot of "your finally seeing the light" comments.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:59 pm

the hazing will only last for a little while Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:01 pm

LOL, no it won't! If the guy declares his allegiance to ford and all his buddies drive chevies, no fucking way they let him live it down!

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need(want) a car Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need(want) a car   I need(want) a car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need(want) a car
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Everything Else :: Recommendations-
Jump to: