Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok a few other options

Go down 
+12
2jz-U-Ltr
Tusk
408 4 Eye
240sxguy
Rac3c4r
HoosierDaddy
OJDAJUICEMAN
saucemaxx
XSFTLBS
347 LX
baileyracing
MikeyT
16 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Ok a few other options Empty
PostSubject: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:44 am

Oh boy, how things change over 24 hours

Here are a few options that could replace the superbee

1st option

1966 Plymouth satellite 440 car 5 speed Tremac, with 4.10's pretty beastly car. This might be a trade option.

[img]Ok a few other options 66plymouth[/img]

other view
[img]Ok a few other options 66plymouthsideviews[/img]

engine

Ok a few other options Plymouthengines

1968 Dart, this might be a bit more hairy to handle then I want to play with, but would be a beast for sure

[img]Ok a few other options 68dodgeDartswinger[/img]

other side view

[img]Ok a few other options 68dartsideview[/img]

and engine

[img]Ok a few other options 68Dartengine[/img]

The dart would have to be a purchase outright, the guy is firm at $11500. Nice car, but has some rust and will no doubt be more then a beast to drive on the street. A far more radical engine then my 440 and about 600 lbs lighter with me in it.

The Satellite is a bit more your fun car and nice to drive, but the 440 he had in it was intense enough to break the pinion shaft on his other 742 rear axle, so torque is not an issue with it either.

Ok better huh guys?

Mike
Back to top Go down
baileyracing
Legit
baileyracing

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:54 am

Not that i think you should get rid of the superbee in the first place, but.. DART ftw!! that thing is pretty mean lookin. always has been one of my fav cars!

and is much better than that mach pile IMO
Back to top Go down
347 LX
Legit
347 LX

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:51 am

Either one seems nice. I like the idea of the satellite being a Banger car.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 am

Yeah, if you can, keep the bee....

That satellite is fucking awesome though....
Back to top Go down
saucemaxx
Legit
saucemaxx

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:40 am

Keep in mind you will want to take the kid out in the muscle car, so will the Dart have room for all 3 of you (I am having this issue with the vette)

They both look like beasts
Back to top Go down
http://www.vimeo.com/sharpshooter
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 am

DART
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 am

Dart > satellite
Back to top Go down
Rac3c4r
Legit
Rac3c4r

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 am

DART
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:36 am

Well I don't think you should buy a car to impress us...

But the Dart looks B/A Smile
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 am

How rusty is the dart?
Back to top Go down
408 4 Eye
Legit
408 4 Eye

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 am

I like em both, but I say DART!
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:13 pm

How bad its the rust on the Dart? It looks like a badass ride for sure.
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:23 pm

They are both great cars, but I know deep down the Dart is the one you want. We've talked about this before Smile

Although that leaves you still needing to sell the coronet and I too am curious about the rust level on the dart.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Well for me a bIg block Dart has always been my "unicorn" if you will. Next to a 440 6 pack car, their really isn't anything else I would want as a mopar guy. Yet, I agree the rust issue does scare me a a bit

Mike
Back to top Go down
overblown
Legit
overblown

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Dart all the way. Pending how bad the rust is. Badass cars for sure. When you say the motor is more radical, what exactly do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 pm

overblown wrote:
Dart all the way. Pending how bad the rust is. Badass cars for sure. When you say the motor is more radical, what exactly do you mean?

this..... Even more so since it is your dream car..... If the frame is good you can body panel and floor it if the price is that good. And what's up with the motor? Is it still streetable?
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:43 pm

^heh... flipping race cars
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 am

Streetable is pretty wide range to roam. Would it get me to slumberland and back home without overheating.... Sure! NO in all seriousness the engine has decent sized cam, eddy heads and rpm intake which to be honest I'm not thrilled with as an intake, for the build, but that could be changed. The body is the real question mark.

Yet tonight I'm in deep negotiations with the satellite guy. This thing in fucking cool.

Mike
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:12 am

I would go with the one with more room (to haul the new one) and the one that needs less work. After you have your kid Mikey you will want to spend as much time with him/her as you can!!! (trust me mine is 14 months old and is blast to hang out with)!!! I love cars as much as anyone else on this forum and have a nice big ass heated shop that i can work on my toys and i still pick my little guy over working in the shop 3/4 of the time, U seem a little like me when it comes to family, (family first). Wink hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:23 am

^agree 100% I think that might be one of the biggest factors, not only being big, but done. I don't want huge additional costs. This is why I'm looking for something complete.

Mike
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am

here's a mopar for the whole family

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2678035665.html
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:03 pm

I like the satellite, I really love that boxy body style, and the color too.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:04 am

Well this is very very close now. For awhile I thought the deal was off the table, but the owner of the Plymouth made some concessions and as of now I have agreed in principle to trade the coronet for the Satellite.

Now it is based on each side checking other car out first.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok a few other options   Ok a few other options Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok a few other options
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: