Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New From Central WI

Go down 
+14
tim85851
Disgustang
blown383z28
Mclovin23
Overboosting
LLcoolJames
240sxguy
Tusk
06evo9se
2jz-U-Ltr
XSFTLBS
Petes71cam
MikeyT
STiedVR4Guy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New From Central WI Empty
PostSubject: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Well, I meant to do this earlier today, but I just hadnt had time until now.

Im not really good at introductions, so I'm just gonna wing it lol. My name is Todd, and I am from the Wausau area. I own/operate my own online vinyl graphics business. I have been turning wrenches since before I can remember. I've had a pretty eclectic collection of vehicles throughout my 26 years, but I am pretty happy with the stable I keep as of now.

My interests in cars are pretty wide. Basically, if its fast, or handles well, Im interested in it. I also have a place in my heart for GM Squarebody pickups. My main interest in life is Rally and RallyX though. I have been a fan since I was at least 10.

Onto the cars:

First one up is my fiance's love. Our 08 TBSS:

New From Central WI DSCN3426

New From Central WI DSCN3425

Not really much to mention in the way of mods. Just Kbee Coilovers, Spohn Fully adjustable 4 link/panhard, efans, 3200 stall, sonnax servos, true duals, and a tune. It moves out pretty decent for a 5200lb brick though.

Next, my garage queen, my 1987 GN:

New From Central WI SANY0346

New From Central WI SANY0015

New From Central WI IMG00202

Theres quite a bit going on with this car: Built 4.1L production block, Champion ported 8 bolt heads, ported Upper/lower intake, Accufab TB, Phoenix trans/3600 stall, T&E Roller rockers, comp cam, 76mm(? its been a while, but its big) Turbonetics turbo, Hooker Headers, RJC 4" DP, Custom 3.5" exhaust, FAST XFi, Huge front mount, Moser Rear end, Koni adjustables, drag bags in rear, boxed LCA's, MT 10.5x26 DR's, Centerline 2 piece wheels, Devil's Own Meth kit, relocated battery, fuel cell, Magnafuel pump, -8 feed, -6 return, yada yada yada.....I could keep going for days

And then theres the toy, my 06 WRX:

New From Central WI Picture416

New From Central WI IMAG0081

New From Central WI IMAG0077

New From Central WI IMAG0074

New From Central WI Rearnew

New From Central WI _DSC0220

New From Central WI _DSC0176

New From Central WI _DSC0144

New From Central WI _DSC0248

New From Central WI Build23

New From Central WI Rollcage14

EVERYTHING on this car was fabbed by us....cage, front bar, etc. If we had a means to make it, we did.

Mods include:

Suspension:

-04 STi OE springs
-06 STi Struts(going to a rally coilover SOON)
-STi Hats
-Jackson Rally Strut Top Spacers, 1"
-OBX Adj. Trailing Arms and Lats
-Custom RSB mount/spacer
-Custom adjustable FSB endlinks
-205/60/16 Winterforces
-Sport Edition CD 16's 7.5" wide, 48 offset

Other Crap:

-Ported TD04 19T
-EBay TMIC
-Samco hoses/inlet
-Synic EL Header
-Grimmspeed EBCS/Hallman ProRX MBC
-HKS DP
-Cutom Catback
-Walboro FP
-SPT Clutch/flywheel
-Extended Kartboy shifter
-ProCar Seats
-Co driver wiper/washer controls
-DRT Components Flaps
-"Flocked" dash and custom door panels
-Relocated window switches
-STRi sequential shift light
-ABS kill Switch
-Momo Suede wheel

Underbody:

-Primitive Front Skidplate, 1/8" with "stinger tail", Reinforced under oil pan and trans, total thickness of 1/4"
-Primitive Uparmored Mini Rear Diff guard, 1/4" Total thickness
-Random other things covered by plastic under the car

Lights/lightbar:

-Custom fabbed bar
-700FFs up top
-500FF corner/ditch lights
-500s mounted in the front bumper with custom anti-shake brackets.

Im sure theres more....I could go on and on about this car.

Finally, my daily beater. Its a 78 "K" 10, It stared life as a C series heavy half ton, but the previous owner converted it to 4wd. Pretty basic truck.....350/th350, NP205, 12 bolt rear, etc.

New From Central WI 09102011142

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by DoWork on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:27 pm

welcome! I like the TBSS the best Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks!

Its a fun truck. Hopefully we will be doing a custom cam and a set of SW longtubes on it this summer. It all depends on what happens with the Subaru though, as that absorbs most of the "toy" budget.

Last edited by DoWork on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Sweet cars. Welcome to the forum!

what kind of brakes will those wheels on the subi fit over? I'd like to find something skinny for winter.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Welcome Todd

You were not kidding when you said eclectic! I like the GN a lot, and the subie very cool.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm

STiedVR4Guy wrote:

what kind of brakes will those wheels on the subi fit over? I'd like to find something skinny for winter.

The wheels just generic cheapies lol. Its still a 7" wheel. They will fit over the 4/2 pot 06/07 WRX/GrpN brakes, and the regular 02-04 WRX brakes. Not so sure about the the GR's though. They SHOULD clear them as I think they went back to the 02-04 calipers. They WILL NOT clear STi Brembos. Your best bet there is Honda CRV steelies from what I have heard. I'm going to a 15" dedicated rally wheel(Team Dynamics or Braid) in spring though, so I MAY be unloading these if I dont keep them for a studded set of tires.

MikeyT wrote:
Welcome Todd

You were not kidding when you said eclectic! I like the GN a lot, and the subie very cool.

Mike

lol, thanks. Like I said, my interest in cars knows no brand or country of origin. I wish I had pics of all the cars I have owned in my life...everything from muscle to imports....
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

welcome...sweet rides.
Back to top Go down
XSFTLBS
Legit
XSFTLBS

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

DoWork wrote:
STiedVR4Guy wrote:

The wheels just generic cheapies lol. Its still a 7" wheel. They will fit over the 4/2 pot 06/07 WRX/GrpN brakes, and the regular 02-04 WRX brakes. Not so sure about the the GR's though. They SHOULD clear them as I think they went back to the 02-04 calipers. They WILL NOT clear STi Brembos. Your best bet there is Honda CRV steelies from what I have heard. I'm going to a 15" dedicated rally wheel(Team Dynamics or Braid) in spring though, so I MAY be unloading these if I dont keep them for a studded set of tires.

gotcha I was thinking for an Evo or STi brembos but that answers my question. thanks!
Back to top Go down
2jz-U-Ltr
Admin
2jz-U-Ltr

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Welcome, I dig your line up and its always nice to see someone that gets the plusses of both import and domestic instead of just being a nut swinger it a hater. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
06evo9se

06evo9se

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Welcome Todd!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
Tusk

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Now that I'm done with my scavenger hunt of Ninja edits in my posts..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Welcome dude. Nice cars, you've got good taste!

I take it you found the wordmasking! haha
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 pm

welcome man! Really sweet stable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 pm

240sxguy wrote:
Welcome dude. Nice cars, you've got good taste!

I take it you found the wordmasking! haha

Thanks, and yes, lol, I sure did. I have a sense of humor though. I laughed.

LLcoolJames wrote:
welcome man! Really sweet stable

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:52 am

Welcome, how much does that wrx weigh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:02 am

No idea. I would venture pretty close to stock though with all the tubing in it. Loosing the interior and sound deadening didnt drop too much weight IMO. Maybe I'll put it on a scale one day.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:44 am

welcome. some nice rides for sure. that subie looks fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:59 am

Heres some pics from this past weekend's event:

New From Central WI 1

New From Central WI 3-1

New From Central WI 4-1

New From Central WI 6-1

New From Central WI 7-1

My local club runs events every weekend as long as the ice is safe. You guys could take a trip up to Lake Dubay some Saturday or Sunday(whenever the event is) and check it out. The racing is a blast, or you could just watch. I would be willing to give some rides. While I am by no means the fastest driver out there, I am sure I could provoke a smile or two Smile
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 am

welcome man!! i have to say very nice choice in cars and trucks! Got any numbers on the gn for hp or times??
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:32 am

Welcome to the nuthouse.

Nice cars indeed. Thanks for posting an intro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Welcome. Welcome.
Nice to see you on another forum i'm on....

Didn't know about the K10. That thing is sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 pm

blown383z28 wrote:
welcome man!! i have to say very nice choice in cars and trucks! Got any numbers on the gn for hp or times??

Thanks! As of right now, we have nothing on the GN. The previous owners were a bunch of morons, and half assed a bunch of stuff. Problem is, it never really shows until I fix another problem, if you know what I mean. For instance, we went through like 3 fuel pumps in the car(all under warranty lol), only to find out that the tank had a ton of blasting media in it, and the pumps kept eating it as it was DESTROYING filters. To make matters worse, the fuel system was plumbed all wrong, and there wasnt enough pump for the demands of the car. SO, we have spent the last year picking though the car with a fine tooth comb trying to find any other issues it may have before it sees the road again. I am HOPING to have it out this summer. Theres like no miles on the motor, and it is still on a break in tune.

Honestly, if the car wasnt rust free, and it wasnt in as nice of shape as it is in....I most likely would have lit it on fire by now. That car has been a huge headache.

brngrhd wrote:
Welcome to the nuthouse.

Nice cars indeed. Thanks for posting an intro.

Sure thing, and thank you!

89ChevondaSI wrote:
Welcome. Welcome.
Nice to see you on another forum i'm on....

Didn't know about the K10. That thing is sick.

Thanks! I'm stalking you, lol!

I love my truck, but, unfortunately, its not as nice as it looks in pics. Shes pretty solid for a 34 year old truck, but there are areas shes starting to show her age though. Its got a pretty good thirst for oil too, but, it starts every time I turn the key. I plan on fixing some of the rust in spring, and we will most likely be swapping in an LQ9 w/ a Vic Jr manifold and an MSD 6012 box. I have a set of 33s for it too. Its on 31s in the pic(those are the tires I got the truck with). I figured it would be better to go through the winter on a 10.5 instead of 12.50s lol.

I grew up around these trucks, so I try to keep one around Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New From Central WI   New From Central WI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New From Central WI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: General :: Introductions-
Jump to: