Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleaning up a set of headers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Cleaning up a set of headers Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi all

I picked up a set of old headers, for the new car. I like the bend on the pipes verses other brands. So I would like to go with them. The problem is they need a good cleaning. Who do you all recommend for cleaning them up. I'd love to bead blast them, but figure they might be too big.

Any idea's?

Thanks

Mike
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Why not have them ceramic coated?
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Well that is a possibility, but this is a budget build and that would be a 400 dollar venture from what I have heard.

Mike
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Are they regular steel? My experience with ceramic has been excellent but like you, I just can't afford/justify it right now. If you think you can swing it to ceramic coat, you won't regret it.

PM on the way.

Evan
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:54 pm

usually around 250
Back to top Go down
ma70tt
Legit
ma70tt

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:32 am

i have the equipment to media blast & ceramic coat mikey. hit me up.

although im guessin these headers wont fit in my cabinet (24X24X48) so we would have to wait for warmer weather for blasting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midwesthybrid.com
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:44 am

Wow, thanks guys!

Yup, they will be to big to hit a conventional bead blaster box, so we would have to do it outside.

Jeff, that does surprise me you could get it for $250. I heard more expensive, so that is a relief.

Nate, that would be awesome if we could do this out at your shop in the spring, they for sure are not horrible, so I don't think it would be hard, also if we can ceramic coat them. I am all for that.

Evan, thanks for the offer. Time is not an issue, but like I told Nate. It would be pretty hard to get them in a box to bead blast.

Again, thanks all. Smile

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up a set of headers   Cleaning up a set of headers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up a set of headers
Page 1 of 1