Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even if you hate Mustangs...

Go down 
+3
Mclovin23
tim85851
fokus83
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fokus83

fokus83

Even if you hate Mustangs... Empty
PostSubject: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

No matter how anti Mustang you are, it's hard to dispute that this is an impressive car...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/2883289703.html
Back to top Go down
tim85851
Legit
tim85851

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 pm

looks good...but i expected more power from that setup even with a "safe" tune...
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I dont think those numbers are too bad for a safe tune on a 3 valve. depending on that rotating assembly and the blower/ type im sure it could handle more. sounds like they wanted it to be more of a handling car.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Man, that is just a nice clean build. I have always liked the new edge mustangs.

Mike
Back to top Go down
fokus83

fokus83

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 am

tim85851 wrote:
looks good...but i expected more power from that setup even with a "safe" tune...

I agree, the number sounds a little low. The '05s were only rated at 300hp at the crank though. I've always thought that they put down about 260 to the tires. So it's putting down at least an extra 160hp over stock which is believable if they're only running 6 or 8lbs of boost with stock or close to stock heads. If they used a Mustang dyno for those numbers that would explain it even further....

Mclovin23 wrote:
. sounds like they wanted it to be more of a handling car.

Agreed. Show car too obviously. If someone bought it to run it, there's probably quite a bit more power to be made....
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:49 am

Nice car, I would drive the shit out of that thing.
Back to top Go down
bigbird94
Legit
bigbird94

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:31 am

I like it but a steering wheel like that looks out of place in a newer Mustang.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:30 pm

Very nice looking car for sure, but perfect example of penny wise and dollar stupid

*edit* nevermind, I didn't realize they included "labor" costs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even if you hate Mustangs...   Even if you hate Mustangs... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even if you hate Mustangs...
Page 1 of 1