HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
overblown
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1592
Join date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:18 pm

no i have not raced him. my car is cam and intake only. no headers. as for the rest of this thread, i'll hold my tongue for now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 pm

Jason wrote:
3vs197 wrote:
Jason got what he had coming. He just sucked ford off while bashing everything else. i cant believe u peter, of all people r feeling bad for this guy.

Mustang 5.0 2011 sticker 30,000 HP 400+, name another car that is on the market now for 30k that will compete with this????

Ahhhhhh.....How about the Camaro? $30,995 for the V-8-powered Camaro SS 1 6.2 liter 425hp (all prices include $750 destination charge). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Also heard a new 6.4 Hemi for the Challenger next year with 500 n/a hp.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
avatar

Posts : 3170
Join date : 2010-01-27
Location : Madison

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Terminator wrote:
Also heard a new 6.4 Hemi for the Challenger next year with 500 n/a hp.
shhssssss.... Razz

Mike

_________________
if it is an old archaic mopar... I be interested [/color]
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1866
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 26
Location : Middleton/Menomonie

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:57 am

anybody see the twin turbo challenger they built on powerblock this morning? made 500+ on only 4 pounds of boost. I thought it was pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Candy Mountain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:19 am

it would only take 3 times that amound of boost on a modular to make the same power lol.
Back to top Go down
Tusk
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1714
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Top secret Black Belt training facility

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 am

As I'm sure all of our other forums are having the same discussions, here are two post from my GTO forum that I think will fit right in here Smile

We also all understand that the Camaro had the L99 motor in it correct......



"Since none are delivered yet people won't know what they REALLY dyno on average until a few months from now.

412hp 390tq on paper.

That's LS2 numbers, 6 years after the Ls2 came out. It is lighter then a camaro and has a solid rear end, but i don't think its exactly ground breaking, only for a mustang. To add, if a fully loaded GT really costs 40k then it's even less of an accomplishment because at least that extra weight of the camaro gets you a solid car...Even though the 2011 mustang interior is worlds ahead of the older stuff it's not as nice as a GTO or even Camaro"

and

"You'd win that bet. My guess is you haven't seen Ford's DOHC motor in person? They're massive compared to the LSx motors. Funny how the Ford guys always harp on displacement ... well, it's kinda sad that Ford's motor positively dwarfs GM's LSx motor and can't displace more energy, nor make as much power. It's obviously vastly more complex than physical size, but it's a simple and barbaric counterpoint to a relatively asinine remark in the first place."


I'm not denying that the '11 Mustang is going to be a pretty sweet ride, it's just a little late getting to the party.

_________________
2006 Special Edition G6 w/ 2.7HP to the speakers


Last edited by Tusk on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:38 am

I'm going to throw this out there too...... If the mod motor is SO good why is it that they make motor mount kits to mount an LS motor in a fox body? why not put a mod motor or a terminator motor in it? oh thats right cheap, strong, HP. hard to beat the LS motors
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:52 pm

brngrhd wrote:
I'm going to throw this out there too...... If the mod motor is SO good why is it that they make motor mount kits to mount an LS motor in a fox body? why not put a mod motor or a terminator motor in it? oh thats right cheap, strong, HP. hard to beat the LS motors

Its all been done, modular fox bodys, LS fox bodys, someone would put a v-10 Viper motor in there (or already has).. The bottom line is fox body cars continue to be the prefered drag car for their better rear end and cheap cars in general compared to you know what...
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Jason wrote:
brngrhd wrote:
I'm going to throw this out there too...... If the mod motor is SO good why is it that they make motor mount kits to mount an LS motor in a fox body? why not put a mod motor or a terminator motor in it? oh thats right cheap, strong, HP. hard to beat the LS motors

Its all been done, modular fox bodys, LS fox bodys, someone would put a v-10 Viper motor in there (or already has).. The bottom line is fox body cars continue to be the prefered drag car for their better rear end and cheap cars in general compared to you know what...

and LS motors vs mod motors same thing. even the hard core mustang guys i know will admit that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:43 pm

i dont think I have seen a ford/mod motor in a Chevy....and I think that says something in itsself.

(not to say there isnt a few...but its not common like the LSx swap ford)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:59 pm

What was the name of that redneck from Doylestown who used to have the shop over behind Sparkle Auto Body? The veterans of EW like myself will know who I'm talking about.

He had a notchback with a 350 SBC in it... Alledgedly ran 9's... Him and Meister would always go at it... same car pulled a wheelie over the Yahara River Bridge some time ago and landed so hard he popped out the 1/4 glass Cool
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 am

3vs197 wrote:
it would only take 3 times that amound of boost on a modular to make the same power lol.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit


Posts : 811
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:30 am

moparkid wrote:
What was the name of that redneck from Doylestown who used to have the shop over behind Sparkle Auto Body? The veterans of EW like myself will know who I'm talking about.

He had a notchback with a 350 SBC in it... Alledgedly ran 9's... Him and Meister would always go at it... same car pulled a wheelie over the Yahara River Bridge some time ago and landed so hard he popped out the 1/4 glass Cool

Jeremy.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:09 pm

LegaSTi wrote:
moparkid wrote:
What was the name of that redneck from Doylestown who used to have the shop over behind Sparkle Auto Body? The veterans of EW like myself will know who I'm talking about.

He had a notchback with a 350 SBC in it... Alledgedly ran 9's... Him and Meister would always go at it... same car pulled a wheelie over the Yahara River Bridge some time ago and landed so hard he popped out the 1/4 glass Cool

Jeremy.

yup. I guess he still has that car.
Back to top Go down
t0nyb0l0gna91
Legit


Posts : 811
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:15 am

yes i got it right! lol
Back to top Go down
Bod89lx
Legit
avatar

Posts : 1866
Join date : 2010-02-08
Location : 1042 Feet above sea level

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:08 am

All I know is I need land from anybody with a LS based motor, for the simple fact they are the best motors ever put in a car. On a side note if you know what you are doing you can make power with any brand engine.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Candy Mountain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 am

^ i agree 100% don. its just some people get so brand loyal with tunnel vision and its funny to argue with them because they usually dont have a clue about the competition/other brands.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:08 pm

3vs197 wrote:
^ i agree 100% don. its just some people get so brand loyal with tunnel vision and its funny to argue with them because they usually dont have a clue about the competition/other brands.

not to be a dick but that is kind of how you and Dwight are coming off i know both of you know your shit about all makes so I know that is not the case but it is kind of how you guys are coming off to someone that does not know you two, hell im sure i come off that way too since the LS motor is so bad ass. I really want to see what this new motor of fords runs like...... I'm not going to hide it im not a fan of fords but they have a few things that are bad ass the termy motor is one of them to bad they don't have the rest of the package.
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
avatar

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 28
Location : Woodstock, GA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm

brngrhd wrote:
3vs197 wrote:
^ i agree 100% don. its just some people get so brand loyal with tunnel vision and its funny to argue with them because they usually dont have a clue about the competition/other brands.

not to be a dick but that is kind of how you and Dwight are coming off i know both of you know your shit about all makes so I know that is not the case but it is kind of how you guys are coming off to someone that does not know you two, hell im sure i come off that way too since the LS motor is so bad ass. I really want to see what this new motor of fords runs like...... I'm not going to hide it im not a fan of fords but they have a few things that are bad ass the termy motor is one of them to bad they don't have the rest of the package.

dwight and tye are both mustang owners and are arguing the fact that the competitor of their own cars makes a better engine. i dont see tunnel vision....

_________________
EVERYONE CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:14 pm

I guess what I'm saying is if you didn't know them and just joinded the site that is how it would come off.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm still not seeing how i am brand loyal to anything???? Question


I have owned more Mopars then any other car. Just telling it like it is and from what i have seen on the street. If someone just joined on here they would see i own a Ford and am praising Chevy. Even the new guys that showed up last weekend were surprised to see how honest a couple guys in Mustangs were. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

never mind im not comunicating my point very well. :/
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2010-01-30
Location : Candy Mountain

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 am

my mouth has never gotten me in trouble. Cool

like whatever u want, but u NEED to respect other cars, even if u dont like them, otherwise your wasting your time here.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
avatar

Posts : 4589
Join date : 2010-01-26
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:19 pm

3vs197 wrote:
my mouth has never gotten me in trouble. Cool

like whatever u want, but u NEED to respect other cars, even if u dont like them, otherwise your wasting your time here.

great statement
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"   

Back to top Go down
 
2011 Camaro SS Vs. 5.0 Mustang "coyote"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» MCOM/MPSF Eastern Shore Cruise 2011 - Bigger and BETTER!
» "Musclecar" Duplicolor Mustang
» UPDATE: Return of the Quebec Nordiques? "Possible", say RDS, Corus Sports, other sources
» I'm Back -Trailer = A documentary of Rod "Rambo" Lenette
» TIN "HOT" TRONG NGÀY

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: