Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need some help

Go down 
+6
LLcoolJames
HoosierDaddy
240sxguy
Petes71cam
Mclovin23
silvrmazda3
10 posters
AuthorMessage
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:29 pm

any ideas on why my car is running lean? i recently checked my plugs and they where white as hell? all i have done to my mazda 3 2.3l is full vibrant exhaust.... im gonna check the fuel pressure tomorrow and clean the injectors... any good injector cleaners you guys recommend and any other ideas on why it might be running lean please let me know thank u
Back to top Go down
Mclovin23
Legit
Mclovin23

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

have you ever hooked that thing up to a wideband? adding full exhaust is most likely gonna lean it out some.
Back to top Go down
Petes71cam
Legit
Petes71cam

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 pm

seafoam or lucas are good cleaners
Back to top Go down
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm

yea i had a wide band before it read 12 i believe i dont remember... i think im gonna try sea foam
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:33 am

12 is rich on an n/a motor. Is the car displaying any OBD codes?
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy
Legit

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

petes71cam wrote:
seafoam or lucas are good cleaners
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 am

there could be 50 different reasons why your car might be running lean. Before you start pouring things like seafoam in your gas tank get ahold of a obd2 scanner and someone who knows how to use it and what to look for.

Also, in my opinion, gas additive injector cleaners are a waste of money. If your injectors are actually plugged you will be better off taking them into a shop equipped with a good injector cleaner setup and get them cleaned up the right way. Although nowadays its often cheaper just to get new injectors than to get them cleaned. Just dont go spend seven dollars on a can of seafoam that probly wont do anything to help your cause.
Back to top Go down
blown383z28
Legit
blown383z28

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:04 am

LLcoolJames wrote:
there could be 50 different reasons why your car might be running lean. Before you start pouring things like seafoam in your gas tank get ahold of a obd2 scanner and someone who knows how to use it and what to look for.

Also, in my opinion, gas additive injector cleaners are a waste of money. If your injectors are actually plugged you will be better off taking them into a shop equipped with a good injector cleaner setup and get them cleaned up the right way. Although nowadays its often cheaper just to get new injectors than to get them cleaned. Just dont go spend seven dollars on a can of seafoam that probly wont do anything to help your cause.

yea what he said.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 am

I bet it isn't lean...... Cruise A/F will be in the 14.7ish area. That will leave plus white. WOT A/F can range but 12-13 is "normal" tuned range for an N/A car. That is what will color the plug but would take some time to show on your application.
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 am

^ yep. Most plugs will look white when you take them out. Its normal. And if you just have a catback its not going to change your A/F ratio.
Back to top Go down
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:25 pm

the only OBD code i have is my downstream o2 and thats because of the exhaust...i think im just gonna take it in to my friends shop and see what he says lol thanks alot guys i appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
OJDAJUICEMAN
Legit
OJDAJUICEMAN

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:26 pm

I think your worrying about a problem that isnt there.
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 pm

FartapotomosCholesterauls wrote:
Back to top Go down
Overboosting
Admin
Overboosting

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:16 pm

FartapotomosCholesterauls wrote:

And I don't think seafoam will help even if there is a problem
Back to top Go down
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

im not worried just kinda odd i guess
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:48 pm

That's the thing it's not odd.......
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:38 pm

brngrhd wrote:
That's the thing it's not odd.......

Get a scanner on and check out what the fuel trims look like. They are probly normal and then you can go about your day and stuff.
Back to top Go down
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:13 pm

well just checked the codes lol my downstream o2 sensor is shit....theres a idle code and one code said its running rich???? and there was 6 pending
Back to top Go down
silvrmazda3

silvrmazda3

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 pm

ill post the code up later
Back to top Go down
LLcoolJames
Legit
LLcoolJames

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm

alot of good information there.... What are the long and short term fuel trims
Back to top Go down
Disgustang
Legit
Disgustang

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Down stream 02 does nothing for the mixture or driveability it is only to monitor the cat. As far as the running rich code I have seen that before. That is a code based off of the adaptive fuel numbers if it has to pull a bunch of fuel the numbers get out if wack...... It may or may not be running rich. I have seen bad upstream 02's make a motor think it is rich so it sets fuel system rich too. It also will pull fuel. White plug are not abnormal at all, but since you have white plus and not dark plugs id say your not rich and the 02 is bad causing a false rich reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: