Wisconsin Street and Track
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feeler Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am

Anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to get my car repainted the same color? From what I understand its much cheaper to stick with the same color but I have never known anyone that paints cars so I cant ask anyone directly...

oh btw, I doesn't need to be Barrett Jackson quality...more low/mid range paint job
Back to top Go down

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:06 pm

If you're going to repaint it, spend the extra bucks and get a quality paint job. If you don't, you'll just be pissed off at yourself later on Cool
Back to top Go down
STiedVR4Guy
Legit
STiedVR4Guy

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 1:00 pm

I hear things from $3000 - $7000+ depending on the color. Call around and get some quotes.
Back to top Go down

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:13 pm

You could get it done for around $2000, but it wouldn't look good any closer than 5 ft away.. cyclops
Back to top Go down
240sxguy
Legit

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:50 pm

The reason keeping the same color is cheaper is because you don't have to have the door jambs etc.. resprayed.

What is wrong with your current paint? Maybe a good detailer could bring it back to life.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 pm

You can do it, but it means scuffing the clear off and repainting it, but I always figure if your going to paint it, you might as well go down to bear metal. Who knows what uglies may hide underneath it. If the body is straight then even Maaco can shoot a car and make it look good!

Mike

You can always do the old roller method too! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I don't know, I think it's past a detail...but I don't know their limits either...anyone wanna quote me for a detail? It would require us to meet somewhere/I'll drive to you...
Back to top Go down

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I just brought my uncle's 1990 325i back from the dead. Let me know if you want me to look her over for you.
Back to top Go down
MikeyT
Legit
MikeyT

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Why not have Zac look it over? He usually will come out and look it over for you when in town. He does really nice work.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feeler Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feeler Thread   Feeler Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feeler Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wisconsin Street and Track :: Automotive Related :: Garage-
Jump to: